Military Scholarships for Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tylerwayne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the military and it's scholarships medical costs for awhile. I remember reading on here that someone was told the HPSP program was no longer offered for DPM students, however the NAVY website states that it is. I also just called a recruiter who told me the program is still in the works.

Does anyone have any info on this? Have you looked into these programs/are you involved in these programs/or do you know of anyone in these programs?

Any advice or insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I also posted this in a pre-pod forum, hope this isn't a violation of some rule.. anyway..

I've been looking at the military and it's scholarships medical costs for awhile. I remember reading on here that someone was told the HPSP program was no longer offered for DPM students, however the NAVY website states that it is. I also just called a recruiter who told me the program is still in the works.

Does anyone have any info on this? Have you looked into these programs/are you involved in these programs/or do you know of anyone in these programs?

Any advice or insight is appreciated!

Recruiters may have misinformation regarding podiatry (in my experience) since they usually encounter it infrequently, so if you use them as a resource be sure to verify information that they give you. I think that HPSPs apply for podiatrists now, but haven't been interested in a while and don't remember where to find this information. As of February 2013, they offered the Health Services Collegiate Program for podiatrists in residency (as long as you are under 42 years of age upon commissioning), which gives full pay and benefits during the duration of residency in exchange for three years of service. A member called NavyFP seemed to know a bit about Navy HPSPs in this thread from a podiatry student and referenced DOD instructions specifically, so perhaps you could PM him to possibly be directed to a good source of updated information.