minimed school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jpc984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you heard about the minimed school seminars at med schools? Has anyone attended one? If so, was it worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard about these--but my impression is that they are community health seminars aimed at the general public (retired folks, stay-at-homes, etc). You probably get the same type of information that you would read in an issue of Prevention magazine.

I've heard about these--but my impression is that they are community health seminars aimed at the general public (retired folks, stay-at-homes, etc). You probably get the same type of information that you would read in an issue of Prevention magazine.

I don't think this is the case at all. Have you seen G-Town's brochure? I don't think you will see any retirees or stay-at-homes at one of those.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha that's funny

I don't think this is the case at all. Have you seen G-Town's brochure? I don't think you will see any retirees or stay-at-homes at one of those.

OK, maybe I was too dismissive--but not by much.

Here's the link for G-Town:
http://gumc.georgetown.edu/departments/minimed/about.html

The "overview" section explains the purpose is to educate the general public (ages 18-85) in eight 2-hour lectures about modern medical science and "other issues of interest to a lay audience." I guessing "bird flu" pops up a lot.