Minimum Hours to stay employed at as a part time pharmacist at Walgreens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lihini

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping someone on here maybe able to answer a question:
I applied for a part time pharmacist position at Walgreens. I have a full time 9-5 position and just trying to make some extra money so we can afford my child's OT and help pay for private school.
I was wondering how many hours you have to maintain (weekly, biweekly or monthly) in order to be considered part time at Walgreens. Also are these positions more like a PRN position or require you work a set schedule? I am thinking they will be looking for part-time float help but not sure yet.
Any input would be appreciated .
Thank you ahead of time for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing specific. However, one shift per month would keep most in payroll system. Depends on DM if they want to keep that pharmacist on payroll. I have one based out of my store who hasn't worked in months, but he's still on payroll

I think it's how desperate your district is. I try to clock in at least once a month. On the other hand, one of my coworkers hasn't worked a retail shift in probably 6 months and as far as I know she still gets occasional requests to cover shifts (which she always declines).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile