Minimum Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darkskies

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out a good strategy for boards studying for a while now. My target score is a 230. Is it true that using only First Aid, Pathoma, and UWorld(maybe going through all the questions twice) is enough to achieve this score? Strictly speaking, is this the case even if I (hypothetically) don't know any other knowledge/factoids outside of these resources? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So we have arguments against both. Anyone care to elaborate/any more advice?
What is your background? Did you do well M1-M2? Do you feel like FA is a lot of stuff you haven't seen before? Reviewing and Learning are too very different things. So three resources for some who is reviewing will be sufficient. For someone who is learning for the first time, FA isn't going to cut it. You'll need something like BRS physiology or Kaplan.

What is your background? Did you do well M1-M2? Do you feel like FA is a lot of stuff you haven't seen before? Reviewing and Learning are too very different things. So three resources for some who is reviewing will be sufficient. For someone who is learning for the first time, FA isn't going to cut it. You'll need something like BRS physiology or Kaplan.

Thanks for the reply. For some of the subjects yes it does seem like I'm learning everything from scratch. Mind you, I've probably seen most of the material but it's been quite some time since then. Also my M2 classes are not very board relevant at all. Kaplan videos take so long to go through, don't they? If I opt for that, won't I fall behind since I only have 85 days until my exam?

85 days to a 230? do 1 pass through world, fa, and pathoma. aim for 30-40 days for that. then take a practice test. see what you are not good at. do another pass through world, pathoma, and fa and maybe an addtional resource for whatever you are not doing as well in. then you still have 35-40 days to study all over, which is as much time as some people put into all their studying total. boom. 230.

85 days to a 230? do 1 pass through world, fa, and pathoma. aim for 30-40 days for that. then take a practice test. see what you are not good at. do another pass through world, pathoma, and fa and maybe an addtional resource for whatever you are not doing as well in. then you still have 35-40 days to study all over, which is as much time as some people put into all their studying total. boom. 230.

Thanks for the reply. Are those really the only resources I need even for the subjects my memory is rather foggy on(like most of the sections on FA but especially Biochem)?

Sorry to bump this thread but I would appreciate it if some more people replied. At this point, I think I will just be using those 3 resources since time is running out. It should be enough to get in the 200-230 range correct?

I think so. I agree with Darkskies; you should be able to get through your 3 resources in 25-30 days, and then have time to either do another pass, or pick up resources in particular topics if you feel you need it after that.