Minor query regarding the letter of evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI guys,

I have a small question about letter of evaluation from a professor. I had asked a letter of recommendation/evaluation from a professor of a college where i did my bachelor in dentistry . But the professor currently left the college. I mean he is no more working in my college. So he is rather unsure wether he can write the letter of recommendation for me or not, as he is no more working in the same college.

My question is can he write the letter of recommendation or not? I mean certainly i was working under him and spent couple of years . is it IMPORTANT that the person has to be working in the same college if he is willing to write the letter of evaluation for me?

thanks.... please respond promptly.

Members don't see this ad.

HI guys,

I have a small question about letter of evaluation from a professor. I had asked a letter of recommendation/evaluation from a professor of a college where i did my bachelor in dentistry . But the professor currently left the college. I mean he is no more working in my college. So he is rather unsure wether he can write the letter of recommendation for me or not, as he is no more working in the same college.

My question is can he write the letter of recommendation or not? I mean certainly i was working under him and spent couple of years . is it IMPORTANT that the person has to be working in the same college if he is willing to write the letter of evaluation for me?

thanks.... please respond promptly.

it doesn't seem like a big deal to me

but dif schools have dif policies. for example, in my case I had a LOR from an instructor who did not have a phd. some schools didn't care, some did.

my advice is to email or call each school that you're applying to and ask to be a 100% sure.

good luck

well actually the problem is that the professor is ready but as he left the college where i studied, i am confused whether he can write a letter of recommendation for me or not.

as like in electronic submission, there will be titles to be filled, where my prof is currently working.

Of course they can write it for you if they're willing. I contacted my retired freshman biology professor living in some beach community and she wrote mine.