Minorities apply to twice as many residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why would a group guaranteed success in the match spend twice as much money applying? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great cliché, however he was referring to minorities in the match.
You guys say this and yet there are still Minorities who DON'T match. You're so convinced that ALL these Minorities are coming in and taking spots that they were given because of "advantage", but really, how many URM physicians do you see in comparison to other races? So that small percentage of minority physicians is really that big of a deal, huh? Enough to make you continue bitching about it on a forum for days on end? Get a life. Your beating a dead horse. Ohhh woeee is me, black people and all their advantages. Give it a fu*king rest and go do something else productive like worry about competing with YOUR own race in the match.

Reactions: 2 users
You guys say this and yet there are still Minorities who DON'T match. You're so convinced that ALL these Minorities are coming in and taking spots that they were given because of "advantage", but really, how many URM physicians do you see in comparison to other races? So that small percentage of minority physicians is really that big of a deal, huh? Enough to make you continue bitching about it on a forum for days on end? Get a life. Your beating a dead horse. Ohhh woeee is me, black people and all their advantages. Give it a fu*king rest and go do something else productive like worry about competing with YOUR own race in the match.

Hahaha. You want me to get a life? (not to mention I haven't done anything that you just verbally masturbated about in this quote)

Why did you respond, pot?

Hahaha. You want me to get a life? (not to mention I haven't done anything that you just verbally masterbated about in this quote)

Why did you respond, pot?
I figured you'd come back with some airy, fruitless response. Cute. Anyway, I responded because YOU responded to something else that I said to ANOTHER user. Mind yo bidness, kettle.

Have a good night! Xoxo

I figured you'd come back with some airy, fruitless response. Cute. Anyway, I responded because YOU responded to something else that I said to ANOTHER user. Mind yo bidness, kettle.

Have a good night! Xoxo

Hey cutie Xoxo,

Go to sleep asking yourself where you got in this year and why. I'll go to sleep knowing it was my grades, MCAT, letters, and ECs for an MD degree.
Let me know how you slept tomorrow.
Come at me.

Last edited:
Will you two just bang already?

For real tho whip that's racist

Reactions: 1 user
Hey cutie Xoxo,

Go to sleep asking yourself where you got in this year and why. I'll go to sleep knowing it was my grades, MCAT, letters, and ECs for an MD degree.
Let me know how you slept tomorrow.
Come at me.
But wait... Do you know ANYTHING about me or are we just talking out of our butts here?

K. Have a good night = stfu and stop addressing me. I'm sad I had to break that down for you. Sad day. :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish that I could unsubscribe from this thread, but I feel like I have to be here to catch some of the lies that pop up here and there.

You're such a tool. A white blonde girl is the champion of racism everywhere.
KETTLE! KETTLE! How you can bring yourself to call someone a tool after saying this...I'm just...sigh. Whipple, come get this loving. I'm trying to relax all those demons you have

Me thinks "they took errrrr jobs" is something you say frequently. It's okay. I'd still bang you for funsies.

You would like to stereotype me because that would make my little challenge to you easier to digest. Unfortunatly for you, I had no problem getting a career job out of college, no problem acing my pre-reqs, no problem killing the MCAT, and no problem getting into a solid MD program on my first try. Not once have I ever complained about minorities taking jobs or spots in med school. I'm actually for the latter and support it wholeheartedly.

Come at me.

KETTLE! KETTLE! How you can bring yourself to call someone a tool after saying this...I'm just...sigh. Whipple, come get this loving. I'm trying to relax all those demons you have
He needs to be delivert lololololol

You would like to stereotype me because that would me my little challenge to you easier to digest. Unfortunatly for you, I had no problem getting a career job out of college, no problem acing my pre-reqs, no problem killing the MCAT, and no problem getting into a solid MD program. Not once have I ever complained about minorities taking jobs or spots in med school. I'm actually for the latter and support it whole heartidly.

Come at me.
Awww. Of course you didn't. Thank you for proving my point. Privilege is real. Tell me, who had the real advantages here?

What "challenges" did you present to me? Listen, Whipple is it? Whipple, I'm not here to entertain your "I worked my ass off, look at me alpha male big-daddy boss man" complex. Am I supposed to be impressed? Did no one else get into medical school this year? Settle down, chief. Bragging about getting into medical school on a MEDICAL SCHOOL forum is kind of stupid, don't you think?

Now. My house or yours?

Awww. Of course you didn't. Thank you for proving my point. Privilege is real. Tell me, who had the real advantages here?

What "challenges" did you present to me? Listen, Whipple is it? Whipple, I'm not here to entertain your "I worked my ass off, look at me alpha male big-daddy boss man" complex. Am I supposed to be impressed? Did no one else get into medical school this year? Settle down, chief. Bragging about getting into medical on a MEDICAL SCHOOL forum is kind of stupid, don't you think?

Now. My house or yours?

Yeah I get your angle. You're taking someone else's joke and running with it because you aren't smart or clever enough to come up with it on your own, but you know that if you keep referencing it, she'll keep egging it on. It's cute. It really is.

Are you supposed to be impressed? No, not the point. However, your charges against me as a complainer of minorities taking my job or spot in med school are baseless, and that's the point of my testimony. Which you clearly missed, my guess is your Verbal score on the Mcat would reflect that as well.

Keep coming at me.

Yeah I get your angle. You're taking someone else's joke and running with it because you aren't smart or clever enough to come up with it on your own, but you know that if you keep referencing it, she'll keep egging it on. It's cute. It really is.

Are you supposed to be impressed? No. However, your charges against me as a complainer of minorities taking my job or spot in med school are baseless, and that's the point of my testimoney. Which you clearly missed, my guess is your Verbal score on the Mcat would reflect that as well.
Lol how are you going to talk about my verbal score when you just spelled testimony as "testimoney"? Have several seats, kind sir.

I'm not going to even entertain your attacks on my intellect, MCAT score, or general application because you know nothing about me. Absolutely nothing. I did quite well on my MCAT though, thanks for inquiring.

I do find it adorable that you're offended at ME "stereotyping" you, yet everything you've spewed out of your arrogant, narcissistic ass is based off a general concept of Minorities and their applications to medical school. For your sake, I hope medical school teaches you how to be open minded. Like it or not, minorities are here. And some of us *gasp* are actually intelligent and earned our spots in medical school.

Please, refrain from such ignorant generalizations in the future. Chicks will TOTALLY not sleep with you.

Last edited:
Lol how are you going to talk about my verbal score when you just spelled testimony as "testimoney"? Have several seats, kind sir.

I'm not going to even entertain your attacks on my intellect, MCAT score, or general application because you know nothing about me. Absolutely nothing. I did quite well on my MCAT though, thanks for inquiring.

I do find it quite adorable that you're offended at ME "stereotyping" you, yet everything you've spewed out of your arrogant, narcissistic ass is based off a general concept of Minorities and their applications to medical school. For your sake, I hope medical school teaches you how to be open minded. Like it or not, Minorities are here. And some of us *gasp* are actually intelligent and earned our spots in medical school.

Please, refrain from such ignorant generalizations in the future. Chicks will TOTALLY not sleep with you.

I'm still interested though. Come here dadddyyyy

You realize you have a post history right?
****ing newb.

So you should be able to see my score then? ZZzZz I'm bored of you. Good night!

Yeah tough break on that GPA......... and being a reapplicant...and not getting into the MD schools you applied for.

Keeping coming.

Last edited:
Funny thing is.. I'm pretty sure my scores were way worse than yours reapp, but I'm white so that doesn't matter lol

Yeah tough break on that GPA.

Keeping coming.
Last post addressing you: it's an Internet forum. Please don't think you're offending me in any way. People say all types of stuff on the Internet to boost their ego. I assume this is your form of masturbation. Do what you gotta do, insult people over the Internet, spend time searching histories to add to your "ammo", whatever man. You have my blessing.

I genuinely just wanted to comment on the thread to discuss these research findings on Minorities and residencies. Got a bit carried away and I apologize to anyone who has to read this garbage in the morning. Hopefully you all can get back on topic! Have a good night!

Last edited:
Funny thing is.. I'm pretty sure my scores were way worse than yours reapp, but I'm white so that doesn't matter lol
I don't know who you are, but I love you! Haha I feel like we'd be friends in real life. The "DELIVERT" thing killed meeee

Just put yourself on a crucifix already.
Whatever. My point is there are a ton of reasons why someone would be accepted with lower than average stats other than race, and just assuming minority in med school = low scores is racist.

I don't know who you are, but I love you! Haha I feel like we'd be friends in real life. The "DELIVERT" thing killed meeee
did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

Whatever. My point is there are a ton of reasons why someone would be accepted with lower than average stats other than race, and just assuming minority in med school = low scores is racist.

Good thing I wasn't making a basless assumption then.

Last post addressing you: it's an Internet forum. Please don't think you're offending me in any way. People say all types of stuff on the Internet to boost their ego. I assume this is your form of masturbation. Do what you gotta do, insult people over the Internet, spend time searching histories to add to your "ammo", whatever man. You have my blessing.

I genuinely just wanted to comment on the thread to discuss these research findings on Minorities and residencies. Got a bit carried away and I apologize to anyone who has to read this garbage in the morning. Hopefully you all can get back on topic! Have a good night!

No really. Your GPA, it sucks. But I'm glad you got into PCOM, 2nd time's the charm? May the DO force be with you.

Following me? **** you. Ignore list, I don't allow anyone with a 3.2 GPA in pissant undergrad science classes to follow me. :highfive:

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder:

Please keep discourse professional and productive. If you are unhappy with a user's contribution to this thread, please use the report button. We expect professional behavior of all of our members.

Please also take note of this prior post by Lee: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/derailing-threads-and-unproductive-posts.985951/ .

tl;dr: If you honestly feel that someone is trolling, please don't be baited into responding. Just use the report button and the ignore feature.

Reactions: 1 users
Never skip flu shot. Psa over.

We need to get rid of the racist, favoritism showing moderators on SDN. Not all the moderators are this way but they know who they are.

How was the whipple kid not banned or put on hold? This is ridiculous.

You know.. I've been silently reading this thread for the last cpl months. And at first, I was rubbed the wrong way by the bold comments.

But then it hit me. Maybe the strong distaste for URM's being expressed in this thread is a good thing. Maybe it can be the 'proof' that shows the saner minds among us the mindset that a lot our colleagues have towards URM's. The type of personalities that URM attending largely all white institutions have to face on a every day basis. Facing a group of ppl who just by looking at your skin color already hold a grudge against you because of some oversimplified definition of Affirmative Action they hold. Most of these ppl aren't as bold in person (as compared to behind a keyboard), but their stares and social actions speak volumes.

Now imagine that for a second. Imagine having to live through this type of silent aversion day in and day out. How hard it must be to form relationships and form support/study groups. I urge the sane thinkers to put themselves in these shoes and form an honest opinion on how they would feel. An example of cultural competency.

These threads should be required reading for minorities or anyone naive enough to believe racism doesn't exist in medicine.

Or the mods need to get rid of posters who purposefully wade into threads and toss off topic insults at other people? Hrm

That would be fine with me, this place is a cesspool of racism and ignorance. The quality of my life improved dramatically not being here. Whats even worse is the mods allow this type of environment to exist.

That would be fine with me, this place is a cesspool of racism and ignorance. The quality of my life improved dramatically not being here. Whats even worse is the mods allow this type of environment to exist.

Do you realize that you attract the negative attention that you receive nonstop? That you purposely post things you know are inflammatory and (negative) attention seeking? And that the victim card that you have branded to yourself like a fuschia(not scarlet) letter makes people way less likely to empathize with you or provide any sort of positive feedback? I cant imagine that you are this dense IRL, and if you are, it probably means that youve ostracized yourself from everyone else around you are are pretty miserable at baseline.

Do you realize that you attract the negative attention that you receive nonstop? That you purposely post things you know are inflammatory and (negative) attention seeking? And that the victim card that you have branded to yourself like a fuschia(not scarlet) letter makes people way less likely to empathize with you or provide any sort of positive feedback? I cant imagine that you are this dense IRL, and if you are, it probably means that youve ostracized yourself from everyone else around you are are pretty miserable at baseline.

I'm not saying he's right about the mods. Actually, I couldn't disagree more.

That being said, I do get how a more sensitive person might feel such over-the-top anti-URM sentiment wouldn't be allowed unless tacitly endorsed. On a daily basis you can read an opinion that basically says every minority in medical school doesn't deserve their seat and anyone attending an HBC is a loser.

As Posted earlier: I feel the threads are important. People should read the opinions of those who will eventually be decision makers in the medical care and careers of minorities. I doubt racism is pervasive in society or medicine. We shouldn't pretend it doesn't exist or dismiss anyone that points it out as an angry black man or liberal weighed down by white guilt.

And before EMDO2018 asks: No, I don't believe the same posts would last here if they were related to a different ethnic group.

Reactions: 2 users
Doesn't surprise me in the least that URM medical students would apply to more residency positions in order to feel secure in landing a decent spot. When study after study of employment in the sciences and/or research shows that white males (don't recall about Asians) are hired at a significantly higher rate than females and black/hispanic-sounding applicants, URM applicants would need to be naive or uninformed to expect otherwise. Seems like a reasonable (albeit unfortunate) strategy.

You know.. I've been silently reading this thread for the last cpl months. And at first, I was rubbed the wrong way by the bold comments.

But then it hit me. Maybe the strong distaste for URM's being expressed in this thread is a good thing. Maybe it can be the 'proof' that shows the saner minds among us the mindset that a lot our colleagues have towards URM's. The type of personalities that URM attending largely all white institutions have to face on a every day basis. Facing a group of ppl who just by looking at your skin color already hold a grudge against you because of some oversimplified definition of Affirmative Action they hold. Most of these ppl aren't as bold in person (as compared to behind a keyboard), but their stares and social actions speak volumes.

Now imagine that for a second. Imagine having to live through this type of silent aversion day in and day out. How hard it must be to form relationships and form support/study groups. I urge the sane thinkers to put themselves in these shoes and form an honest opinion on how they would feel. An example of cultural competency.

I could kiss you NS_hopeful for your post. Thank you for describing my medical school experience as a black female attending a predominantly white school in the Midwest. Relationships? Study groups? What are those again? Haven't been in any since undergrad thanks to the "stares and social actions" you describe that are constantly directed towards me every single day by my classmates. How stupid and naive of me to imagine that I would form lasting relationships with future colleagues at my school. Medical school remains biggest disappointment in my life.