Minorities apply to twice as many residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Its unfortunate when particles of the universe are mad at each other. It's like an auto -immune disorder.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I could kiss you NS_hopeful for your post. Thank you for describing my medical school experience as a black female attending a predominantly white school in the Midwest. Relationships? Study groups? What are those again? Haven't been in any since undergrad thanks to the "stares and social actions" you describe that are constantly directed towards me every single day by my classmates. How stupid and naive of me to imagine that I would form lasting relationships with future colleagues at my school. Medical school remains biggest disappointment in my life.

YES!

I could kiss you NS_hopeful for your post. Thank you for describing my medical school experience as a black female attending a predominantly white school in the Midwest. Relationships? Study groups? What are those again? Haven't been in any since undergrad thanks to the "stares and social actions" you describe that are constantly directed towards me every single day by my classmates. How stupid and naive of me to imagine that I would form lasting relationships with future colleagues at my school. Medical school remains biggest disappointment in my life.

Very little changes after medical school.