MIP for Alcohol and Fake ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moose66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Such a recent infraction is probably going to hurt. The underage drinking thing is one thing, but the fake ID shows a deliberate attempt to evade the law. Honestly, we do interview and admit people with infractions even more severe, like DUI, but they tend to be in the more distant past, like 4-5 years.

So, if you're just 19 or 20, I trust you'll try and take ownership of this.

I recently got a MIP in San Diego for buying a beer with a fake ID. Stupid of me, I know. I wanted to know if anyone here has dealt with something similar and whether or not you guys think this can put a dent in my med school application. As of now, I've only received the ticket and haven't been to court for it or charged with anything official so it's still up in the air

Members don't see this ad :)
I've also heard that there is a very high possibility of getting a misdemeanor like this expunged from my record through community service work. In that case, would I still have to report this on my medical school application, and if so, would the fact that I had it expunged make any difference?
AMCAS does state that expunged records do not need to be disclosed, so it would make a difference as you don't have to report it. I'm not sure about AACOMAS, but my understanding is that if your expungement legally allows you to say you've never had a conviction, AACOMAS needs to respect, otherwise they'd fall outside of the law.

Hi. My friend at auburn recently paid money to get his mip w fake expunged. Not sure if he has comm service or class to take though. He's pretty happy about how it turned out. Idk how laws on the west coast are though

Fake ID. Really???

Just wait until you're 21, dude.

Cool story bro, next time try some advice.

OP is probably having premarital sex too. See what college does. Sad world we live in.

Do everything you can to get this expunged. If not, all you can do is hope like crazy. The fake ID thing is much worse than the underage drinking. and it is recent. Whatever you have to pay or do, do it.

OP is probably having premarital sex too. See what college does. Sad world we live in.

Do everything you can to get this expunged. If not, all you can do is hope like crazy. The fake ID thing is much worse than the underage drinking. and it is recent. Whatever you have to pay or do, do it.

Society's values have changed and it's not your place to be judgemental. Do what your conscious tells you to do and stfu. No one wants to hear your holier than thou crap.

Society's values have changed and it's not your place to be judgemental. Do what your conscious tells you to do and stfu. No one wants to hear your holier than thou crap.

I am going to assume that you have never seen any of my previous posts. My comment was satirical based on the comment that was originally quoted (the wait until you are 21 to drink comment). Try not to be so uptight and read into the play on words.

I am going to assume that you have never seen any of my previous posts. My comment was satirical based on the comment that was originally quoted (the wait until you are 21 to drink comment). Try not to be so uptight and read into the play on words.

I'm as uptight as it gets. And to be fair it was hard to tell you were being satirical here.

I'm as uptight as it gets. And to be fair it was hard to tell you were being satirical here.

Sorry. I guess I am assumed the "college is bad" comment would be obvious on a student doctor forum. Oh well. Now you now and the conversation after the comment helps everyone else know. Back to happy.

lol