Misfits WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Day closed results pending.

Members don't see this ad.

The Londoners are not going to let their mayor's death be in vain. LIS brings forward news that DVMD found out the truth about Escalla. She really is evil; dwin's message was right. Escalla aka Brian aka Monsieur Grand Fromage knows that her time is coming to an end and uses the opportunity to mock the villagers. Perhaps you shouldn't have eaten that pizza with mozzarella. Too bad Brian forgot about the lactose intolerant folks that could do him in.

tumblr_lebtblITUz1qdw1rk.gif

You have lynched escalla, a wolf. Also Dwin is the new mayor.

It's now night 4. Night deadline is 7 pm.

The Rec Center
1. Dyachei
2. TRH
3. AlorsOnDanse
4. Tropicwhatsit

Simon's apartment
1. Foxhunter Nadine
2. Cuitl
3. GUH

The Club
1. JoJo Alisha
2. Devyn
3. Wld
4. Wolfspeaker

The track
1. Lupin
2. FFM
3. DVMD Rachel
4. Allie Jamie

Curtis's Bar
1. Escalla Brian aka Monsieur Grand Fromage
2. Swings
3. Dwin
4.Samoa Lily

The hospital
1. nohika
2.jamr0ckin
3. The LIS
4. Kaydubs

Woo for getting escalla!!!

I am up way earlier than normal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome. Another game where the wolves are going to go after the talkers and turn it into a snooze fest mid- to late-game.

Sigh.

One of us mods needs to put together some mechanism to keep the veterans in the game. Is that fair to newer players? No, and I don't care.

Nice work DVM and LIS (for passing on the info)! :D

Awesome. Another game where the wolves are going to go after the talkers and turn it into a snooze fest mid- to late-game.

Sigh.

One of us mods needs to put together some mechanism to keep the veterans in the game. Is that fair to newer players? No, and I don't care.

:thumbup: true that... the last few games have been a major pain in the arse with no one participating and good people dying early....

perhaps go back to smaller games that way the people who really want to participate do and we are not filling up the game with people who just sign up to sign up.... just a thought....

Thanks for the vote everyone. Not quite as long winded as rojo or DocE but I will try to keep information flowing. I hate quiet games, I think it hard for villagers to win in a game where no one is talking.

To start, I can talk with one person outside my group each day/night cycle, I'm in the process of clarifying something about that, then will get going with that.

Before you start hating on relative newcomers for being inactive, just know that I'm following the game but nobody has pm'd me and I have no special abilities so there's really nothing for me to contribute.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people's strategy is quiet and observant. Seems like the people to get lynched first are always the talkers, since there's something that can be twisted and scrutinized ad nauseum by the group. Yeah, it's boring when there isn't crazy drama but I'm in the middle of finals (wish I had remembered those...) so I can't contribute as much as I should.

But we got a wolf :):thumbup:

Before you start hating on relative newcomers for being inactive, just know that I'm following the game but nobody has pm'd me and I have no special abilities so there's really nothing for me to contribute.

Nobody is hating on any one player for any one game of playing quietly. It just gets kinda old when game after game the talkers get lynched and the game enters some sort of mid-game slump where nobody is really playing.

And I'm not even hating, really. I'm saying that as mods we should put our creativity to work and come up with mechanics to encourage more active participation. :)

Nobody is hating on any one player for any one game of playing quietly. It just gets kinda old when game after game the talkers get lynched and the game enters some sort of mid-game slump where nobody is really playing.

And I'm not even hating, really. I'm saying that as mods we should put our creativity to work and come up with mechanics to encourage more active participation. :)

Me likes! I sometimes don't chat as much when I have to use my phone, but try to put my two cents in even when I don't have anything but a vanilla role. You never know what can be flushed out by randomly accusing people either. :smuggrin:

Me likes! I sometimes don't chat as much when I have to use my phone, but try to put my two cents in even when I don't have anything but a vanilla role. You never know what can be flushed out by randomly accusing people either. :smuggrin:

Heck yeah. But I need a new target for random accusations other than Foxhunter and DVMD. ;) I'm considering Devyn just for the pseudo gaelic invectives.

Ha! With wolfy names, WS and I are targeted quite frequently too. However, I've come quite a ways from my first WW. I had a great time with nyanko at the end of Ghostbusters. It does help when I know the topic intimately too, but any smart wiki player should be able to come up with good material for the games.

Can someone with knowledge of the series give me some idea how many villagers are likely to have teleporting abilities? Probably should include characters who can teleport other things/people.

Heck yeah. But I need a new target for random accusations other than Foxhunter and DVMD. ;) I'm considering Devyn just for the pseudo gaelic invectives.

I died too soon this game. We didn't even get to have our traditional WW disagreement. :smuggrin:

Can someone with knowledge of the series give me some idea how many villagers are likely to have teleporting abilities? Probably should include characters who can teleport other things/people.
No direct knowledge, but up to 3 for teleportation (Ollie, who transfers power to Nikki when she receives his heart in a transplant then sold it to Seth, and Elliot when he buys it from Seth) and 1 for telekinesis (Finn) according to wiki. The teleporters can only move themselves as far as I can tell.

And Elliot doesn't sound like a good guy at all.

:laugh: yes let's really get some crazy swear words up in this joint

No direct knowledge, but up to 3 for teleportation (Ollie, who transfers power to Nikki when she receives his heart in a transplant then sold it to Seth, and Elliot when he buys it from Seth) and 1 for telekinesis (Finn) according to wiki. The teleporters can only move themselves as far as I can tell.

And Elliot doesn't sound like a good guy at all.

I know nothing of this series, but it seems like someone is moving people around. Cause I did not move myself out of the bar....

I haven't really paid too much attention as to who has moved where. :oops: Maybe I should. I just know I haven't moved. :laugh: Tonight is my last shift of 7 shifts in 4 days crap. Day off tomorrow! :soexcited:

Have there been any items? I haven't gotten any and my role is boring, so not much for me to do and no info to pass on. :(

So, Dwin, don't select me to talk to tomorrow. I've got no information. :laugh: (Don't want you to waste your time talking to the wrong person)

I have no clue about the people moving around, and I haven't gotten or heard of any items.

I know nothing of this series, but it seems like someone is moving people around. Cause I did not move myself out of the bar....
Just relaying what I found on wiki.

Anyway. I went back to see if I could find a pattern to the movements... not so much so far.

Six people moved night 2 (me, wld, swings, alors, TRH, and tropic). Three moved night 3 (swings, devyn, and kaydubs. Swings is the only player so far that has moved twice. And as of last night, dyachei, GUH, WS, lupin, FFM, dwin, nohika, jam, and LIS are the only (living) people who haven't moved.

Maybe the movements aren't an ability but a game mechanic? IIRC in past games movement abilities have only been able to relocate one player. Or maybe the ability is something other than teleportation or telekinesis.

I have no idea :shrug:

Lol, thanks WS.

As for the teleporting. Again I've only made it part way through the 3rd serial at this point, but the only people with teleporting ability thus far have only been able to teleport themselves. Not those around them.

Though it sounds like according to the wiki there is a teleporter who I haven't seen yet, as the only ones I'm familiar with are the hippy who gets shot and his heart gets transplanted into Curtis' girlfriend who inherits the ability.

Nohika ...I think we may be able to oblige, no? ;)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

There are too many people having moved for a teleported role to only move themselves. Possibly roles + items? I've been moved but I received no notification or explanation, so I'm assuming it was done randomly.

When I was a wolf with DVMD, she had the ability to move players as a wolf, but it was pretty much just random. So I'm not sure how much we should read into movement just yet.

I'm saying that as mods we should put our creativity to work and come up with mechanics to encourage more active participation. :)

I would be interested to see some ideas generated on the subject. Though you're likely going to see a substantial increase in the number of posts detailing absences from the game.

There are too many people having moved for a teleported role to only move themselves. Possibly roles + items? I've been moved but I received no notification or explanation, so I'm assuming it was done randomly.

When I was a wolf with DVMD, she had the ability to move players as a wolf, but it was pretty much just random. So I'm not sure how much we should read into movement just yet.

Same here. There are a lot of people with the ability in the show so maybe they are divided up between good/evil or its solely based in the characters personality....

Just relaying what I found on wiki.

Anyway. I went back to see if I could find a pattern to the movements... not so much so far.

Six people moved night 2 (me, wld, swings, alors, TRH, and tropic). Three moved night 3 (swings, devyn, and kaydubs. Swings is the only player so far that has moved twice. And as of last night, dyachei, GUH, WS, lupin, FFM, dwin, nohika, jam, and LIS are the only (living) people who haven't moved.

Maybe the movements aren't an ability but a game mechanic? IIRC in past games movement abilities have only been able to relocate one player. Or maybe the ability is something other than teleportation or telekinesis.

I have no idea :shrug:

I don't have any teleportation role or item or anything of that sort. That seems like a whole lot of people to move in one night though…

I actually hadn't even realized I moved until you told me. whoops.

this.

We have been focusing a lot of the teleportation ability does anyone know any other abilities that players may have?

I have not been teleporting myself. I have no powers and have not encountered an item. I've received no PMs since my role assignment, in fact. I'm in a speculating mood but am having trouble coming up with material!

Does Monsieur Grand Fromage give fans of the series any ideas about the likely other wolf names? Probably assume a total starting number of 4ish wolves?

Night is closed. Results pending.

After celebrating catching a killer, the players anxiously await the next tragedy that will befall them. Well you will all have to wait a little longer as no one has died. Someone did dig up some bodies and move them around though. What a weird thing to do. That person is probably a creep.

It's day 2. Lynch deadline is noon tomorrow. Notice any location changes so you don't pm the wrong person.

The Rec Center
1. Dyachei
2. TRH
3. AlorsOnDanse
4. Samoa Lily

Simon's apartment
1. Foxhunter Nadine
2. Cuitl
3. Tropicwhatsit

The Club
1. JoJo Alisha
2. Devyn
3. Wld
4. GUH

The track
1. Lupin
2. FFM
3. DVMD Rachel
4. Wolfspeaker

Curtis's Bar
1. Escalla Brian aka Monsieur Grand Fromage
2. Swings
3. Dwin
4.Allie Jamie

The hospital
1. nohika
2. jamr0ckin
3. The LIS
4. Kaydubs

Nothing like sitting in a trailer in the Oklahoma panhandle during a severe thunderstorm! No death hopefully means failed kill :xf:, more than likely is a convert since we got Escalla.

I haven't had any items and possess no transportation abilities. Moving dead people seems like fun though.

Gonna lynch jam

I will check back in to see if info pops up. I like Jam on my waffles.

Night 4 with no death is probably a conversion, in my experience.

I also have no idea who is moving people. Or why dead people were moved (or did I misunderstand the write-up?).

Night 4 with no death is probably a conversion, in my experience.

I also have no idea who is moving people. Or why dead people were moved (or did I misunderstand the write-up?).

My question exactly. What was the point of that?

lynch Tropic because until I checked the player list I didn't even realize Tropic was playing.

... and I'd really like to get an actual lynch vote in this time. :)

So maybe they can talk or do things postmortem?

It has certainly been done in prior games. I don't think that the dead players or knowing who/what is moving people around will lead us to any wolves however. Likely the person moving people around has that as a role and is using their power every cycle. Just my two cents.

At this time have no information, but I do have a feeling.

WS was weird about publicly telling Dwin not to waste his night ability to talk to her. Raised a red flag with me, so...

lynch WS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I iust dont want him wastng his time is all. It i get lynched at least you wont lose an important role. But you will lose a villager number.