Missed appointment Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgkman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I missed my appointment for Naplex and I am freaking out right now.

I understand I need to "resit" for the exam and receive new ATT but I was wondering if I need to wait 91 days to reschedule.

I would greatly appreciate if theres anyone or knows anyone who missed the appointment and was able to reschedule right away after receiving new ATT or had to wait 91 days.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I missed my appointment for Naplex and I am freaking out right now.

I understand I need to "resit" for the exam and receive new ATT but I was wondering if I need to wait 91 days to reschedule.

I would greatly appreciate if theres anyone or knows anyone who missed the appointment and was able to reschedule right away after receiving new ATT or had to wait 91 days.

Thanks!

Sgkman,

I missed my appointment a couple of weeks ago. In my case. I was supposed to take the NAPLEX on a Friday and meant to reschedule with more than 48 hours in advance but didn't. Depending on when you were you supposed to take it, you have to wait until Pearson reports you as a "no-show". Once that happens, your NAPLEX registration status with NABP will change to closed. In my case, that took exactly 4 business days. (NABP had said it would take 5 business days from the missed appointment.) Once that happens, under "my Active registrations" you will see a link that says "request to resit" or something like that. You will click on there and it will walk you through the registration process again. You will have to pay $140. Once you do that, you will get your new ATT from Pearson within 48 hours. Bottom line is that you will be able to reschedule within 7 days or maybe less of your missed appointment.

Best,

Apotheker2015

Reactions: 1 user
Apotheker2015,

Thank you so much for your reply!

So no 91 day wait period penalty applies in my case right?

Apotheker2015,

Thank you so much for your reply!

So no 91 day wait period penalty applies in my case right?

Nope! I thought that for a second, too. I actually called Pearson and NABP because I had just missed 48 hour window by literally 15 minutes and thought maybe they would make an exception. No such luck. I was just glad that it's $140 to resit and not $505.
Continue reviewing your materials so that you don't lose momentum in the next 5-7 days. You should have your new ATT within a week after you've paid and all that.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had to miss my appointment because the testing center that I was at wouldn't let me in because my two forms of ID didn't match my NABP account. Apotheker2015 is right. For me it took about 6 days for me to reschedule.

The process could, of course, be faster but all in all it's not too bad to have to wait a few days to reschedule.

Sgkman,

I missed my appointment a couple of weeks ago. In my case. I was supposed to take the NAPLEX on a Friday and meant to reschedule with more than 48 hours in advance but didn't. Depending on when you were you supposed to take it, you have to wait until Pearson reports you as a "no-show". Once that happens, your NAPLEX registration status with NABP will change to closed. In my case, that took exactly 4 business days. (NABP had said it would take 5 business days from the missed appointment.) Once that happens, under "my Active registrations" you will see a link that says "request to resit" or something like that. You will click on there and it will walk you through the registration process again. You will have to pay $140. Once you do that, you will get your new ATT from Pearson within 48 hours. Bottom line is that you will be able to reschedule within 7 days or maybe less of your missed appointment.

Best,

Apotheker2015

Hello,

I realize this thread is slightly old, but I am going to have to "resit" my Naplex as I too missed the 48-hour in advance cut-off... I was wondering if, once you go through registering again and paying the $140 fee, does NABP grant you a new ATT from Pearson Vue directly, or does NABP have to contact and verify with the state board of pharmacy to first ensure you are still eligible, before they send along a new ATT to Pearson?

The reason why I am asking is that if NABP has to communicate with the state BOP, I would like to call the BOP as well to make sure they respond promptly ( -- the BOP here is ridiculously slow and needs constant prodding to get anything done in a timely fashion) and I'd like to schedule the exam as soon as possible since my job hangs on it and the available dates the pearson vue near me always seemed to be booked at least a month out unless you get lucky...

If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it!