Mississippi State c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm bringing my boyfriend with me as well- if I get in, he's making the move too, so we want to explore the area together.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm bringing my boyfriend with me as well- if I get in, he's making the move too, so we want to explore the area together.

I wish I could bring my bf along... For the reason you mentioned ... Too bad he has to work. I'll be going solo. He couldn't go with me last week either to Kansas.

I just got my flight, hotel, and rental car booked! Hopefully this month goes by fast!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah! Interviews are totally coming quick! So excited!

I have my flight booked for the 13th and received an interview invite from Illinois for the 13th-their ONLY interview day. Any advice or opinions?

I have my flight booked for the 13th and received an interview invite from Illinois for the 13th-their ONLY interview day. Any advice or opinions?

I'm in a similar boat-Illinois on the 13th and Miss on the 14th. Not quite as bad but considering I'm not in state to either it's really rough, to get there since flights may be delayed in Illinois if it snows and stuff. I am considering emailing Miss and asking if I could have a different date but I feel bad since I already confirmed for them. Luckily haven't bought any flight tickets yet but I need to soon so I need to get it figured out. :/

Backcntry, since this is their only interview day, it does sound like you will need to reschedule with Mississippi. I'm not sure that telling them you won't be able to make it because of another interview is the best way to go. But you need to come up with something that will make them want to reschedule for you. That is a really sucky situation. I'm very sorry!

So I have a question about the pizza party/facility tour evening the night before interviews. I know it is casual but are dockers and a polo TOO casual for that evening? obviously the interview is gonna be a lot more dressed up.

So I have a question about the pizza party/facility tour evening the night before interviews. I know it is casual but are dockers and a polo TOO casual for that evening? obviously the interview is gonna be a lot more dressed up.

That's fine for the pizza party. You just stand around the foyer and eat pizza and chat with other applicants or your student mentor, then go off on the tour in small groups.

For the interview - you'll need to be dressed up. You will also have your portrait taken at the interview which will be used for everything if you are accepted and decide to attend.

Less than a month before interviews!!! I'm excited. :D

Noticing something here....just how many of us interviewing are from Texas...?

BearKat, I know you are. Your name gives it away. ;)

Oh, and I'm more excited than nervous. I can't wait to see the campus...plus I'll hear back from Mississippi before Western, so I'll be one step closer! :D

Hey guys,

Just wanted to wish y'all good luck! I interviewed at Mississippi last year (waitlisted and nothing came of it..), but I LOVED the campus! The vet school is separate from the main campus and the study area for the 1st year students is AMAZING!!! Plus, everyone there is so nice...it really takes a lot of the pressure off during the interview!

I was telling my bf last year that if Mississippi State and CSU (my top choice) were put side by side, based on their teaching facilities, in some random location (not Starkville or Fort Collins), I'd choose Miss. every time! I absolutely loved it!

Keep us posted!

:luck::xf::luck::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh, and I'm more excited than nervous. I can't wait to see the campus...plus I'll hear back from Mississippi before Western, so I'll be one step closer! :D

When do we hear from Mississippi regarding a decision? I must have missed that part.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to wish y'all good luck! I interviewed at Mississippi last year (waitlisted and nothing came of it..), but I LOVED the campus! The vet school is separate from the main campus and the study area for the 1st year students is AMAZING!!! Plus, everyone there is so nice...it really takes a lot of the pressure off during the interview!

I was telling my bf last year that if Mississippi State and CSU (my top choice) were put side by side, based on their teaching facilities, in some random location (not Starkville or Fort Collins), I'd choose Miss. every time! I absolutely loved it!

Keep us posted!

:luck::xf::luck::xf:

That is really great to hear! I am also excited about seeing the campus. I don't know any vets who went to Mississippi and so all I know is actually just from researching.

When do we hear from Mississippi regarding a decision? I must have missed that part.

Reading back on last year's thread, those interviewees were called/emailed the next week. I think an email I got said we are notified of the decision by the end of February.

Reading back on last year's thread, those interviewees were called/emailed the next week. I think an email I got said we are notified of the decision by the end of February.

Oh, that will be nice :)

Haha, yep.. you've got me ;) Texas born and raised.. I'm really excited about this interview... It's nice to have a month to prepare for it. After Kansas and A&M back to back its nice to have a little breather.

Side note: the doctor that I work with is from the same town as the dean and actually worked with his brother so I'm kind of excited to meet him. Small world.

Hey mooshagen, I noticed that you and I both have interviews at Western and Mississippi. I guess I'll be seeing you this weekend :)

Jalyndani, yes you will! at the airport as we speak :) Im pretty excited!

Ha, I'm at the Austin airport right now. I'll be in Ontario around 11am PST. I'm excited too!

Yeah I have. My younger sister attended Cal State Fullerton a few years back, and my uncle has lived in various Cali towns for the past 15 years, so I've visited before. Never been exactly to Pomona before though.

I guess we should stop hijacking the MSU thread...lol.

Good idea! Still very excited about my Mississippi interview :) I'd love to hear what a MSU vet student would have to say about living in Starkville.

Good idea! Still very excited about my Mississippi interview :) I'd love to hear what a MSU vet student would have to say about living in Starkville.

Mooshagen - where are you from? when is your interview date? There will be 5 students conducting tours of the vet school on pizza party night. (These are in addition to the students who will volunteer to be your mentors). I'll be one of the 5 conducting tours on Sunday and Tuesday. I think (forget already what days I signed up for). So if your interview is either Monday or Wednesday, then I may be conducting your tour. Also sign up sheets to be mentors just went up on Friday so we will be getting our assignments any day now, so you may hear from your mentors soon. Though you may not (last year I never heard from my "mentor").

I'm a current first year student - from NYC. . . so it was a huge change for me to move from a city of 20 million people to a city of 20,000 people (plus 20,000 students). Overall i am quite happy living here.

Also sign up sheets to be mentors just went up on Friday so we will be getting our assignments any day now, so you may hear from your mentors soon. Though you may not (last year I never heard from my "mentor").
Interviews are approaching fast! I'm so excited. :D Is it ok to wear jeans and a nice shirt to the pizza party? I'll be wearing a suit to the interview. What do mentors do exactly?

Interviews are approaching fast! I'm so excited. :D Is it ok to wear jeans and a nice shirt to the pizza party? I'll be wearing a suit to the interview. What do mentors do exactly?

Yup, I wore jeans to the pizza party - it's mainly just a meet and greet. You stand around the front entrance eating pizza and chatting with fellow interviewees and your mentor. Then at a certain point - you will get a tour of the CVM.

Mentors are supposed to help you - answer any questions you may have. They are supposed to meet you at the pizza party and possibly before your interview - but it depends on classes and timing.

Some mentors email their applicants before interview date, but mine never did.

Yup, I wore jeans to the pizza party - it's mainly just a meet and greet. You stand around the front entrance eating pizza and chatting with fellow interviewees and your mentor. Then at a certain point - you will get a tour of the CVM.

Mentors are supposed to help you - answer any questions you may have. They are supposed to meet you at the pizza party and possibly before your interview - but it depends on classes and timing.

Some mentors email their applicants before interview date, but mine never did.
Thanks. I can't wait!

Is anyone interviewing on valentines day? I will be and I'm so excited to meet everyone! :)

so does anybody know what types of questions will be asked at the interview? Obviously I am not looking for exact questions, just what general types will be asked.

Yay Jalyndani and BearKat17! Will you guys be at the pizza party too on the 13? I will be and I plan on wearing black pants and a white sweater however, if the weather continues to be like this, I may have to change my outfit lol

Yay Jalyndani and BearKat17! Will you guys be at the pizza party too on the 13? I will be and I plan on wearing black pants and a white sweater however, if the weather continues to be like this, I may have to change my outfit lol

I fly in on the 12th, so ill def. Be there for the pizza party... I have no idea what I'm wearing yet though Haha. :rolleyes:

I'll be there for the pizza party on the 13th as well :D

Has anyone received any more information regarding interviews? I'm interviewing on the 8th but haven't heard anything yet other than the info from the initial interview invite that we all got...

No, I've received nothing since the initial email.

Has anyone received any more information regarding interviews? I'm interviewing on the 8th but haven't heard anything yet other than the info from the initial interview invite that we all got...

I last received a reply to the interview RSVP email I sent at the beginning of January... And Missy said to keep an eye on our emails as we will be receiving more information closer toward interviews. so maybe we'll hear something soon

Hey does anyone know how long the pizza party lasts? Also is it bad if you are a little late? My dad is traveling up from Jackson and won't make it there until 6. Should I just tell him not to come?

By the way... Is anyone interviewing on the 7th?? I'm interviewing on the 7th, pizza party on the 6th.

Hey does anyone know how long the pizza party lasts? Also is it bad if you are a little late? My dad is traveling up from Jackson and won't make it there until 6. Should I just tell him not to come?

By the way... Is anyone interviewing on the 7th?? I'm interviewing on the 7th, pizza party on the 6th.

I would think that it would be okay to be late since the party is optional. But assuming that the party doesn't start until 6 (I think:rolleyes:) you should be okay. I will be interviewing on the 7th, so I will most definitely be at the pizza party :)

I would think that it would be okay to be late since the party is optional. But assuming that the party doesn't start until 6 (I think:rolleyes:) you should be okay. I will be interviewing on the 7th, so I will most definitely be at the pizza party :)
Futuredvm89- I just looked at the email again and mine says 5:30-7:30 for the pizza party. Does yours say 6:00? Are you a ms resident??

Futuredvm89- I just looked at the email again and mine says 5:30-7:30 for the pizza party. Does yours say 6:00? Are you a ms resident??

You are totally right:thumbup:!! My friend and I were thinking it started at 6 for whatever reason. Oh and yes I am a MS resident.

Very Cool, I didn't know there were any other residents on this Forum. Are you and your friend both interviewing? Do you live in Starkville?

Very Cool, I didn't know there were any other residents on this Forum. Are you and your friend both interviewing? Do you live in Starkville?

Yes we are both interviewing but we are not from Starkville. Ive always been on the forum but I have never commented on anything. This is my first year applying so I thought it was about time for me to start posting :)

Yes we are both interviewing but we are not from Starkville. Ive always been on the forum but I have never commented on anything. This is my first year applying so I thought it was about time for me to start posting :)
See you monday night at the pizza party! :)

My friend and I are going to be staying at the Days Inn, but we we're planning on renting a car so we have the issue of actually getting to the school for the interview. If anyone is going to have a car and wouldn't mind picking us up on the way to the school for the Monday 2/13 interview, we'd be more than happy to give you gas money. :)

My friend and I are going to be staying at the Days Inn, but we we're planning on renting a car so we have the issue of actually getting to the school for the interview. If anyone is going to have a car and wouldn't mind picking us up on the way to the school for the Monday 2/13 interview, we'd be more than happy to give you gas money. :)

Ditto to that! I will also be at the Days Inn :) haha

Does everyone go alone on interview day or do parents/significant others attend as well?