Mississippi State c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my call on Friday and almost passed out! Good luck to everyone!

Are you out of state, DairyCow? I'm getting really excited! This is the first school I will hear from!

Members don't see this ad.

Soooo....does anyone have any great strategies for keeping our minds preoccupied tomorrow so we don't just sit and stare at our phones? Lol.
I have a test tomorrow to study for which will keep me busy, but I am going to keep myself occupied by reading after my test. :p I've also found that taking naps does wonders for passing the time when stressed over decisions, and I am not one for taking naps. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday, that's when I am going to be super stressed. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
....anything yet...? I'm going to lose my mind.

Just wanted to say, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster! Good luck to everyone, and please, post ANYTHING you hear! The anticipation is killing me!

Seriously, only ONE person has received a phone call so far? No wait list emails, no rejections, nothing?!

Arrghhh.....

*pulls hair out one strand at a time*

I feel the same way! I just went on a 3 mile walk to distract myself...didn't help. :(

I don't know if this helps, but if you look at the old c/o 2015 threads, last year's oos acceptance phone calls were made on 2/22 AND on 2/23, with oos waitlist/rejection emails sent on 2/23. Based on that, along with the fact that there were 383 oos interviewers for 35 spots, I'm sure Missy is super busy, so I wouldn't get too terribly concerned just yet. Good luck to y'all... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Eh, I'm still waiting too. Except regardless if I get in, waitlisted, or rejected, I'd most likely choose KSU over MSU for an OOS school so hopefully someone will take my spot on either list. Good luck everyone!

I'd just like to know the organization behind the phone calls/the order in which the calls are made. Is it by name? By state? By interview day? By interview team?

Yes, I'm becoming slightly neurotic in this process. Lol.

I'd just like to know the organization behind the phone calls/the order in which the calls are made. Is it by name? By state? By interview day? By interview team?

Yes, I'm becoming slightly neurotic in this process. Lol.

I'll ask Missy tomorrow (or later if I see her tonight)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks hkt. Looking at last year's thread, it seems that not many acceptances were called on the second day...I'm feeling pretty pessimistic right now.

I'm losing hope, too. Sucks, because I felt my interview went very well.:thumbdown:(

I'm losing hope, too. Sucks, because I felt my interview went very well.:thumbdown:(

Thanks hkt. Looking at last year's thread, it seems that not many acceptances were called on the second day...I'm feeling pretty pessimistic right now.

I wouldn't lose hope just because you didn't get called today. Remember she's got to call 45 (35 out of state, 5 NC and 5 WV)or so people! At about 3-5 minutes per conversation, that's 135-225 minutes or 2-4 hours... and actually, it's more than 45 calls she needs to make because they actually do over-accept (I asked Missy about this last week).

She didn't tell me how many they over accept (she said it depends on the committee).. so let's say conservatively 60 calls, that's 3-5 hours of calling non-stop which she does not do!!

I didn't see Missy when I went back to school this afternoon, but i'll try to ask her tomorrow.

y'all chill out! Today was a holiday! Most schools were closed. :)

I'm from SC! but I'm currently a NC resident so not a contract applicant.

I don't think many people have heard. And they did tell us the end of the month! Good news comes when you least expect it :)

Have you heard anything or know of anyone from SC who has?

I'm sure that you'll will hear tomorrow. Missy calls very late. I got my call at 6 and 7. (I missed the first call :D) Don't panic or stress too much!!;)

No I'm a MS resident...I received my call on 2/14, a week from my interview.:)

Now that you mention it (minus the "being a Mississippi resident" bit), I received my call a week after my interview as well.

Here's to good news for everyone tomorrow... :xf:

I'm from SC, interviewed 2/6. I don't know of anyone who has heard anything! There's still hope! Ha.

Have you heard anything or know of anyone from SC who has?

I am from SC and got the call last friday. I got one of the contract seats but from what I understand SC students that aren't offered seats go into the OOS applicant pool. Also, about 15 people from my school were there and I heard that one other girl was offered a spot, but I haven't heard from anyone else. I hope you get a call soon though!

I am from SC and got the call last friday. I got one of the contract seats but from what I understand SC students that aren't offered seats go into the OOS applicant pool. Also, about 15 people from my school were there and I heard that one other girl was offered a spot, but I haven't heard from anyone else. I hope you get a call soon though!

Do you know if y'all are taking the spots or are y'all gonna go somewhere else? Also thank you!

Do you know if y'all are taking the spots or are y'all gonna go somewhere else? Also thank you!

I'm going to accept mine because I don't want to have to worry about paying OOS tuition somewhere else. I don't know about the other girl, but if I hear something soon I will let you know!

This is so frustrating! I wish I knew when emails were coming, at least. Ugh. Good luck everyone!

My friend got one of the SC contract spots. Missy called her last Friday. She got her acceptance letter to UGA today (contract spot). I'm pretty sure she's going to go to UGA.

I'm convinced we aren't going to hear anything today either. Boo. :(

Eight more days until the end of the month! :)

Lord, if we don't hear until the last day of the month, I will be a neurotic, tragic mess.

I know!!!!!!! Didn't Missy say early this week we would know? Here's hoping that early this week includes Wednesday............... : )))))))))))

I'll be accepting my spot as well. I got into Auburn as an alternate, but MSU was my first choice.

I'm beginning to feel disheartened yet again. Ugh.:confused:

I'm beginning to feel disheartened yet again. Ugh.:confused:

agreed...............
Well, only one oos person has posted about an acceptance call on the forums. That makes me believe that not all calls have been made! Maybe something came up at the school that is delaying more calls or there is still some debate about who to accept? I'm starting to get disheartened that e-mails won't be sent out by Wednesday like they were last year. :(

Well, another day has come & gone....I guess it's time to put away the phone and stop obessively checking it for today. Lol.

I've decided that there is no Class of 2016 for Mississippi State and that we've all been Punk'd. :D

Well, another day has come & gone....I guess it's time to put away the phone and stop obessively checking it for today. Lol.

I've decided that there is no Class of 2016 for Mississippi State and that we've all been Punk'd. :D
You are hilarious!!!!!!!! Thanks for making me crack up - it was much needed!!!!! I agree, what is going on here?

You are hilarious!!!!!!!! Thanks for making me crack up - it was much needed!!!!! I agree, what is going on here?

;) I do what I can. As for the question you posed....oh let's see...

I've thought about power outages, floods, tornados, cut telephone lines, a re-haul of the entire office's technological equipment, Missy going on strike, the ad-coms getting into fistfights over who to accept/reject, a violent stomach bug attacking the entire MSU vet school staff & ad-coms....

Any other suggestions? :D