Mississippi State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredr.w

MSU-CVM c/o 2020
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My name is Austin Whitmon and I am an IS student at MSU and recently admitted into the CVM c/o 2020. I figured I would start a thread for those of us who use this network, so we can connect. I also started a Facebook page, MSU CVM Class of 2020. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on the acceptance! OOS and contract decisions haven't been made yet, so you may not see a lot of activity here until a few weeks from now. I interviewed for OOS last week but am also interviewing at my IS a few weeks from now. I really loved the school, and felt really honored to be there. maybe I will be a part of the class before its all said and done!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I figure you all will start finding out around the middle of next week, or at least that is what I heard. Where are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I figure you all will start finding out around the middle of next week, or at least that is what I heard. Where are you from?

Louisiana, so not too far. But still a good 6 hours lol.

Where at in LA? I have family in Gonzalez. What school are you coming from?

I'm from around the Shreveport area so I don't know anyone from Gonzalez. But I go to school in CenLA.

I'm curious as to where you heard this! Was it someone from the school? Just getting impatient lol

I'm curious as to where you heard this! Was it someone from the school? Just getting impatient lol
One of the current vet students asked Missy and she said by the middle of next week, and that was last week.

Ahhhhh my email stalking just intensified lol.
They will call you if you are accepted and email if you get denied or waitlisted. So if you are like me, take your phone everywhere! Ha

Randomly decided to check this thread today..... Saw the post about decisions......Regret checking this thread today.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call at 5:07pm EST. Accepted as an SC contract student!

Reactions: 1 users
My wife got the call this evening (her second acceptance today). She loved MSU and is over the moon! (OOS, Interviewed Feb 1st).

EDIT: Oops - posted to the Mississippi State Class of 2020 Applicants thread.

Last edited:
Hey y'all I am giving up my OOS seat so I hope someone gets it!!

Accepted OOS! So excited to meet all of you come June 2016!

Congrats! Were you called off the waitlist or just late to the party?

There's a Facebook group with tons of housing oppotunities if you need them. I just signed a lease for an offer from this page! It's MSU CVM Class of 2020.

Congrats! Were you called off the waitlist or just late to the party?

There's a Facebook group with tons of housing oppotunities if you need them. I just signed a lease for an offer from this page! It's MSU CVM Class of 2020.

I was in the first quartile of the waitlist! So glad I got the call today, huge relief!

I was in the first quartile of the waitlist! So glad I got the call today, huge relief!

Wow, I'm surprised they're already calling! I'm waitlisted at my IS (LSU) so for financial reasons (even though I loveddddd MSU) I'm holding out to see if I get one of the three resident seats that are left, if they don't get taken by an original acceptee in the next 10 days. I signed a lease but I haven't even paid my class deposit... :oops:

Wow, I'm surprised they're already calling! I'm waitlisted at my IS (LSU) so for financial reasons (even though I loveddddd MSU) I'm holding out to see if I get one of the three resident seats that are left, if they don't get taken by an original acceptee in the next 10 days. I signed a lease but I haven't even paid my class deposit... :oops:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! You can't beat IS tuition!

Hey everyone, I hope someone responds since I had a question and cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

With Mississippi State U vet school, I was told the students start early July and go until December. Is this the case? If that is true, doesn't that mean that technically the students at MS would be in vet school for 4.5 years vs. 4 years at every other school? Does anyone know when they start and end each semester and when other schools do? Thank you!

Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences

Hey all! I was wondering if anyone knows about the masters they offer. What are the class sizes? Do students usually end up going to the Mississippi SOM after? Does anyone know if it is a reputable program? (As in linkages to other colleges of Medicine). Also if anyone knows someone who is in the program, got accepted into the program or got their masters in B.S. already please do help me get into contact with them! Thanks yall and congrats to everyone who got in to the SOM!