Mississippi State CVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we certain tomorrow is the magical day?

Members don't see this ad.

I am like 99% certain. They almost always email on the stated date with both rejections and interviews, so everyone will know at once.

Are we certain tomorrow is the magical day?
November 13, 2014

Thank you for your application to Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine. All components of your application have been received and your file is complete. Our admissions committee is currently busy reviewing files to determine which ones will receive an interview.

Interview invitations will be extended via e-mail no later than December 19, 2014. TENTATIVE interview dates are February 2-4, 2015, and February 9-11, 2015.

Warmest regards,

Missy Hadaway, Admissions and Student Affairs Coordinator

This is the email I am going off of!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get interview invite several years ago now, until about 7pm... just FYI.

That late?! Ughh maybe calling wouldn't hurt....

Someone should call. I'm at work or I would

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my invite to interview for the 2nd!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my invite for February 4th! Good luck to everyone else - hope everyone here gets one!!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview on the 10th!

February 4th as well! :soexcited:

Interviewing on Feb 9th!!!!! whooooo hoooooooooooo

I interview February 4th Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
So excited!

Rejected but accepted elsewhere! Good luck to everyone who got an interview. :)

Interviewww OOS! Feb 10th :)

Rejected. Frustrated because I got an interview last year. Wondering if it's because I applied as OOS this year and was IS last year.

I got an interview invite!!!! OOS'er. Must have been competitive since not many OOS'ers are granted interviews. Thank God!!! Feb 11th

Last edited:
Rejected. Frustrated because I got an interview last year. Wondering if it's because I applied as OOS this year and was IS last year.

can you give us insight on how the interview went for you? was it good or bad? stressful? good southern welcome?

Just curious who else is all from out of state???

I am out of state. I hope to make Mississippi my next home of four years. Texas is my home state and second choice over Mississippi. Mississippi is a great school that I would choose over Texas any day.

Awesome :)

I didn't see hardly any in staters lol

Out of state too... excited for interview time!

I just booked my room. I'm staying at La Quinta Inn & Suites. I am a DVM/PhD out of state applicant. Not sure if that means anything with respect to competition with ya'll. Good luck guys. I'll hope to see ya'll across the finish line.

random question: Does anyone know if students can get a job working in the large animal or small animal hospitals?

Anybody know why MSU's semester starts in June? Does each class year complete a summer term or is it a first year thing?

Anybody know why MSU's semester starts in June? Does each class year complete a summer term or is it a first year thing?
I believe that MSU is similar to Mizzou in that they have a 2+2 program (2 years in class, 2 years in clinics), and so they start a bit earlier (in contrast to Mizzou running until late June), to fit everything in. Of course, someone at MSU would be able to fill you in a bit more. :)

As far as the interview goes...

I was mostly asked about things on my application - research I had done, different extra-curricular activities during college, my experience in shadowing/working with animals, etc. They also asked about myself as a person (how other people would describe me, what my strengths were, why I should be chosen as part of the class, etc.) I think this was the weakest part of my interview, mostly because I hadn't thoroughly thought of answers and also because I didn't want to come off as bragging (so phraseology of this portion is a big deal to me :p). I also recall them asking about my perception of a vet in the community was, if anything interesting was happening in current events in the vet world, etc. They seemed like very broad, open ended questions. I know some of those who interviewed with a different panel got asked questions about specific scenarios as well. So I guess it really depended. Good luck to y'all!

As far as the interview goes...

I was mostly asked about things on my application - research I had done, different extra-curricular activities during college, my experience in shadowing/working with animals, etc. They also asked about myself as a person (how other people would describe me, what my strengths were, why I should be chosen as part of the class, etc.) I think this was the weakest part of my interview, mostly because I hadn't thoroughly thought of answers and also because I didn't want to come off as bragging (so phraseology of this portion is a big deal to me :p). I also recall them asking about my perception of a vet in the community was, if anything interesting was happening in current events in the vet world, etc. They seemed like very broad, open ended questions. I know some of those who interviewed with a different panel got asked questions about specific scenarios as well. So I guess it really depended. Good luck to y'all!

Awesome, thanks for the info. Did they focus on ethic questions at all?

Did anyone else RSVP by email?
if so did you receive a confirmation email that they got your RSVP? I'm debating whether I should call them too.

Did anyone else RSVP by email?
if so did you receive a confirmation email that they got your RSVP? I'm debating whether I should call them too.
I did not get a reply email to my RSVP.