Mississippi State CVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep. Same date, same lack of news. Guess they must be busy?
They just had a huge test on Friday. Most should be recovered by now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I received email from mentor. Very nice person. The date for interview is very near and it still hasn't sunk in that this is actually happening!!! I can't explain it, but out of all the schools that granted me interviews, this one feels right.

I am finishing up my application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at Mississippi State University and was hoping I could connect with people who are in the same process or have been through the process before. My GPA isn't terrible but it isn't phenomenal either, mid-lower 3's. But I faced a lot of obstacles while going through my undergrad career (deaths in my immediate family, taking care of my chronically ill twin sister- who is much better now btw!) I'm working to pull my GPA up but I am a senior so I don't have a whole lot of wiggle room to make a major change. I am a first generation college student and I have been on scholarship my whole undergraduate career and I have worked the same job since I was a sophomore in high school (I live in a college town). I am only applying to MSU-CVM due to the high cost of out-of-state tuition. I have some shadowing experience and a lot of volunteer experience with a local animal shelter. I made a 151 and 152 on the GRE with a writing score of 3. I am hoping to get an interview so I can explain my circumstances and why my GPA isn't stellar. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on what my chances of getting in look like with my situation. Thanks!

Did you get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone, relax. This was by far the best interview I have had. The faculty, staff, and students goal is to make the process as painless as possible. They are amazing. The interview is very relaxed and conversational. I wished it had lasted longer!

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone, relax. This was by far the best interview I have had. The faculty, staff, and students goal is to make the process as painless as possible. They are amazing. The interview is very relaxed and conversational. I wished it had lasted longer!
It sounds like it went very well for you! Congrats :) Glad to hear its not bad. Now time to wait for what we hope is good news for you.

I just declined my interview! I accepted a seat at another school! :) Good luck to everyone left and I hope that it works out for you all!!!!

My heart just stopped for the entire five seconds it took me to speed read that thank you email! hahaha

Can anyone who has interviewed already give us any tips or advice?

Breathe. Relax. I know it is scary, but be confident in your abilities. You made it to the interview process that 600 people or so did not.

I'll be on my way from Houston Texas in a few hours!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we just go in at the visitor entrance for the pizza party?

When are they sending out decisions again?

Missy said we would know by the end of the month. If you haven't heard by March 1 give her a call, but she asked that no one contact her about their admissions status before then.

Do we just go in at the visitor entrance for the pizza party?

yep, you can go in from either side of the building. basically just head towards the middle foyer area - there's a bunch of benches and big noticeboard and there should be people handing out nametags

Dean of Admissions said calls could go out this week. A girl I know that interviewed the first week from West Virginia got a call this past Monday offering her a contract seat

Dean of Admissions said calls could go out this week. A girl I know that interviewed the first week from West Virginia got a call this past Monday offering her a contract seat
Do you know if the calls go out in any specific order? like IS then OOS and contracts or just totally random?

Do you know if the calls go out in any specific order? like IS then OOS and contracts or just totally random?
I have no idea about that. Im from SC so I'm hoping for a contract seat

I just got a call!! Accepted contract seat from SC!

I'm just sitting here.. staring at my phone.. waiting for it to ring..

Reactions: 4 users
Missy ended at G today. She should be done with calls by Wednesday.

For everyone accepted what was the letter of your last name??

Apparently. I asked my mentor from my interview.

UMMM well my last name starts with E great... how do you know this?

Yeah my last name is C so that really sucks!

Im not exactly sure. I've asked my mentor and she said that they are still deciding on some? Im not sure what that means.

This is making me so nervous! Wish they got them all done today

Missy called and left me a voicemail today at 5:15 eastern time! I'm going to assume that means I've been accepted (OOS, last name starts with B) but I won't believe it until I talk to her tomorrow! Congrats to those already accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone know around what time she started calling yesterday? Lol. Just trying to prepare myself

My last name starts with a G, and I got called around 4:45

Just got my call! OOS from Tennessee. Last name starts with M. Call at 10:30 EST on 2/17.

My interview was Februray 11th...anxiously awaiting now. OOS applicant last name starts with S. I'm so hopefull about MSU, it's my number one school and I had an amazing experience visiting the campus and meeting the students

Accepted OOS! Call around 9:30an central time. Last name starts with an M.

Accepted. OOS from Arizona, last name T. Fist call at 11 (which I missed because I was building an igloo), called back at 12 for confirmation (EST).