Mississippi State University class of 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the call today!! I'm am so excited! Good luck to waitlisters and those still waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad.

So, I am guessing nothing today? Crossing my fingers and hoping for some sort of good news tomorrow.

Have you not heard anything, either? I'm still waiting on any sort of notification from them...it seems like everyone else has heard something already!

Have you not heard anything, either? I'm still waiting on any sort of notification from them...it seems like everyone else has heard something already!
I still haven't heard anything which makes me super nervous. Hope for our sake she still has some good news to give out. I felt like my interview here went very well. I guess we will know today or tomorrow. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in!!!!!!! Just got the call OOS =]

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone that has been accepted the past few days! I've been super busy lately, so haven't been on as much.

Congrats to all that have gotten accepted! For those placed on the alternative list, has anyone emailed Missy about your spot on the list and heard back?

I emailed Missy Monday but she did not reply. I am really curious what number I am but I also don't want
to bother her. Did you hear back from her?

I got my call yesterday morning OOS! I was glad to finally hear something!

I emailed Missy Monday but she did not reply. I am really curious what number I am but I also don't want
to bother her. Did you hear back from her?

Nothing yet. I emailed on Wednesday and just wanted to see if someone had gotten a reply eventually so I had an idea as to when to expect one.

Has anyone gotten an email notification of acceptance or are we waiting for something in snail mail?

When Missy called she told me to watch smail mail for an information packet.

Finally received my waitlist status. I guess they do not reveal actual numbers. She just told me I am the top 25% on the waitlist. Anyone else hear about waitlist numbers?

Finally received my waitlist status. I guess they do not reveal actual numbers. She just told me I am the top 25% on the waitlist. Anyone else hear about waitlist numbers?

Did you just hear from Missy for the first time today? I still haven't heard anything from her... I'm already in at my first choice and will definitely be attending, but I would still like to know about MSU!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I was emailed last monday about being placed on the waitlist. But it wasnt until today she emailed me about my position on it.

I think they sent out the acceptance letters last week. I got my acceptance letter in the mail today!

Well I was emailed last monday about being placed on the waitlist. But it wasnt until today she emailed me about my position on it.
I have some hope I will hear soon about my spot on the alternate list! Odd they won't give out exact numbers though.

Finally received my waitlist status. I guess they do not reveal actual numbers.
You are correct. They do not reveal actual numbers...just relative positions. Missy is a really busy person, so if she doesn't get back to you, don't freak out! You can always call instead of email. That's a much faster way to get in touch, and it's always worked better for me.

@TwistedRose
Any advice on searching for housing?
Well, first of all, do you all have a Facebook group yet? If not, someone should start one. If so, join that. From there, upperclassmen will join and share the housing that they are moving out of. That's the best place to start, and that's how I found my place. There are already a good many seniors trying to find replacements for when they move. Next, join the vet student buy/sell/trade group. If you are friends with a current student on fb, they should be able to add you. If not, send me a PM, and I'll find a way to get you in it. Advice I have: Avoid undergraduate housing!

I still have yet to hear anything, even after e-mailing Missy.

I still haven't heard anything yet. I called her two weeks ago, left a message, and sent a follow up email. Called her again this week, left a message, and still no response. I'm kind of disappointed about this. I realize she is a busy person, but unsure of why it is taking so long.

I still haven't heard anything yet. I called her two weeks ago, left a message, and sent a follow up email. Called her again this week, left a message, and still no response. I'm kind of disappointed about this. I realize she is a busy person, but unsure of why it is taking so long.
In past years, I've had the most luck calling Missy multiple times to talk to her directly rather than just relying on a message. You'll get through eventually. I'm not sure why it would be taking her so long to get back you to you, so I can't help you there (unless she is really backed-up on returning emails/calls - it is that time when she receives a lot of calls/emails regarding admission decisions, and there is much more to her job than answering those).

I finally heard something via snail mail. Still no response from Missy personally, but I never tried calling. I would try calling again...

I finally heard something via snail mail. Still no response from Missy personally, but I never tried calling. I would try calling again...

Have you heard regarding your place in the waitlist? That's what I'm trying to figure out and I've reached out numerous times. I guess I'll try calling again today.

Is anyone going to the open house on April 4? I'm so excited to start in June! Speaking of which... can anyone tell me when the Spring semester ends?

Have you heard regarding your place in the waitlist? That's what I'm trying to figure out and I've reached out numerous times. I guess I'll try calling again today.
I haven't heard anything more, no! Good luck, though!

Is anyone going to the open house on April 4? I'm so excited to start in June! Speaking of which... can anyone tell me when the Spring semester ends?
I'll be there! Well, it's sort of mandatory for us to be there, but we have a bunch of cool stuff planned. Our Spring semester ends around May 12th I believe.

I don't know about a Facebook group yet, but I'm sure there's one already made.....at least ours was by this time last year. It's usually made by someone in the incoming class. We use ours for class communication, and I'd say that I find out more about events/changes there than I do through email/word of mouth.

I just got my waitlist status today. Does anyone have an idea how many total OOS are on the waitlist?

I looked for a fb page and didn't find one, so I made one! https://www.facebook.com/msstatecvm2018
You will want a group eventually and not a page, but that will at least give the current students a chance to communicate with you all. I think we also had one at some point. There have been a ton of posts about apartments on the other groups lately.

Usually you all will have an open group at first, and a bunch of accepted students and current students join. Then, once you've started class and have things figured out, you'll usually kick out the majority of the current students and make the group closed. At least, that's how ours worked (and the class above us).

Last edited:
You will want a group eventually and not a page, but that will at least give the current students a chance to communicate with you all. I think we also had one at some point. There have been a ton of posts about apartments on the other groups lately.

Usually you all will have an open group at first, and a bunch of accepted students and current students join. Then, once you've started class and have things figured out, you'll usually kick out the majority of the current students and make the group closed. At least, that's how ours worked (and the class above us).

I'm trying to make a group as well so we can all start meeting, but I have to invite people to it to make it... Once people start posting on the page I guess we can friend each other and make a group?

I'm trying to make a group as well so we can all start meeting, but I have to invite people to it to make it... Once people start posting on the page I guess we can friend each other and make a group?
That's one way to do it. If you make the group open initially, people will be able to search for it and join. Feel free to send me a PM, and you can add me as a friend if you need "friends" to invite in order to form a group.

Missy just called me! I've been pulled of the waitlist!!!

Got pulled off of the wait list this afternoon but declined. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Missy tried calling me today but I was working. She wanted to offer me a seat. Does anyone know how long once they accept you, you have to accept their offer? Also, do they have a deposit? Ive been accepted to multiple schools and I have no idea where I want to go!

Missy tried calling me today but I was working. She wanted to offer me a seat. Does anyone know how long once they accept you, you have to accept their offer? Also, do they have a deposit? Ive been accepted to multiple schools and I have no idea where I want to go!
First of all, congrats! I was told two weeks for a decision, and I believe the deposit is $500 but don't quote me on that one.

It's passed the deadline, so didn't you already send in a deposit somewhere? I was having the same problem deciding and ended up choosing MSU because I was offered a contract seat (the 2 and 2 curriculum was also a huge pro). So, in my opinion (and many others who are students and veterinarians), I would go to my IS if that is an option.

I sent in one deposit,because a that time it was the only school I was straight out accepted, I was waitlisted at three but had no idea that I would get off almost all. So I plan on "eating the cost" of the deposit since the tuition difference is 16,000 less per yr at other schools I got into. So im saving in the end.

I received a phone call from Missy Hadaway at 5:30 this evening. So excited to be part of the MSU-CVM Class of 2018!!

I have so many questions! Feel like I'm a little behind schedule....only 2 months to get things in order, but I'm not complaining at all!!! Thought offer letter would get emailed today but haven't gotten it yet. Maybe a lot of this is covered in the informational packet, but what do I need do regarding financial aid (trying to gauge how much $$ to limit myself for rent)? Do I have to apply for admission through the main university first? What day is 1st day of orientation? SO MANY QUESTIONS! But I don't want to bother Mrs. Hadaway until I see what it stated in the offer letter.

Don't worry... as far as I know, we are all still in the dark to all of those questions right now. I would just suggest to go ahead and complete FAFSA if you have not already done so and join the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/286764114812196/. There are a lot of posts for apartments and houses to rent, so that should get you started at least finding a place to live.

Can anyone in the know comment on student colors for scrubs and coveralls? We're trying to get a gift for someone going to Mississippi and we know there is a dress code, but we weren't sure what the scrubs and coveralls requirements were. Thanks!

Can anyone in the know comment on student colors for scrubs and coveralls? We're trying to get a gift for someone going to Mississippi and we know there is a dress code, but we weren't sure what the scrubs and coveralls requirements were. Thanks!

No scrub color requirements for most rotations (Equine & Food Animal require a maroon scrub top)/1st or 2nd year, and navy coveralls are a pretty safe bet. We were also allowed to wear khaki coveralls, but I think they might be trying to shift to only navy.