Missouri c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like after months of scrambling with applications that all of the sudden time has stood still. Haha I feel like I am holding my breath for something to happen!

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished looking through last year's Mizzou c/o 2018 and it looks interview notifications start coming out around Nov. 5th. So, here we go! Hurry up to wait :)

Yep, I got my OOS interview invite via email on November 5th last year. It's crazy to think it's been a year already!

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like after months of scrambling with applications that all of the sudden time has stood still. Haha I feel like I am holding my breath for something to happen!
I feel the same way! At least Missouri lets us know about interviews in November! PS I love your ferret photo! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way! At least Missouri lets us know about interviews in November! PS I love your ferret photo! :)

Haha thanks! I have 3 ferrets and recently had custody signed over to me of a 2 yr old dog that was hit by a car and the owners couldn't afford the surgery.

Reactions: 1 users
dying to hear from mizzou! I'm OOS and my birthday is november 7th...so im hoping for good news! that'd be the best birthday present ever!

I feel you!! Next week looks promising since they got back to people around that time last year.

dying to hear from mizzou! I'm OOS and my birthday is november 7th...so im hoping for good news! that'd be the best birthday present ever!
my birthday is the 7th also, and i got my invite on the 5th! best bday present ever :)

I am really hoping that Mizzou is as on top of things this year as they were last year, because I would love to hear back from them this week.

Also do any of you current students remember if you heard anything from them prior to receiving an email about interviewing? I know they have all of my application (since I called), but it still made me a little nervous.

do they send out rejection emails the same week as interview invitation emails?

do they send out rejection emails the same week as interview invitation emails?
I think it was a few days afterwards, so it should be in the same week (more or less). There will also potentially be a small population of people that won't get an email for a rejection or for an interview, and they will be somewhat on an interview "waitlist" or limbo of sorts (They have to see if anyone who got an interview will decline), though they won't get any notification of it until the adcom knows who all accepted interview invitations.

Has anyone heard anything from the admissions committee about timing of interview invites this year? I know last year the invites went out on 11/5/13 and the year before that on 11/19/12 (I may have spent too much time on this forum doing research!) :bored:

Can't say I've heard anything, but I don't usually venture up near the Dean's office now-a-days just due to our schedule. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

Man I just want to know my status already!! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I get the feeling we aren't going to be as lucky as last years applicants...looks like it will be a few more weeks of anxiously checking our email....+pissed+

Yea i half hoped it'd be a repeat of last year but no such luck. :thumbdown: Oh well I guess no news is better than bad news! +pity+

I just saw the word "veterinary" in the subject line of an email in my inbox.... and my heart skipped a beat... and then I realized it was just the monthly tech schedule for the clinic I work at! Silly me. Hang tight everyone!

I just saw the word "veterinary" in the subject line of an email in my inbox.... and my heart skipped a beat... and then I realized it was just the monthly tech schedule for the clinic I work at! Silly me. Hang tight everyone!
It's cool. Every time my phone beeps with an email notification, I stop breathing a little bit. Then I open it and it's a forward from my mom or something >_<

Every time my phone buzzes with an email I feel the urge to throw it...and then hide from it lol.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview invitation in my email! :banana:

Reactions: 6 users
....my heart just sank....I hope they aren't done

They are probably going alphabetically

Edit: So much for studying for my growth, development, and physiology exam

Do they really send them out this late at night??? For those of you who got then would you mind sharing your initials for us pyschos?

Yay!! A bit late for them to be going out, so don't fret yet if you haven't gotten one. Congrats to those who did!! Will see you all in January!

Aw shoot, well hopefully it is just late for me lol
Apparently I have a slow e-mail because I got the U of I email regarding status check a day later than everyone else.

Welp. that ruins the alphabetical theory (CB)... sigh.... ever hopeful

Welp. that ruins the alphabetical theory (CB)... sigh.... ever hopeful
Sorry for ruining the theory for you :(. Who knows, they may be doing it in batches :).

Just in case anyone wanted to know this as well, people have until December 1st to confirm an interview time or reject the interview.

Sorry for ruining the theory for you :(. Who knows, they may be doing it in batches :).

Just in case anyone wanted to know this as well, people have until December 1st to confirm an interview time or reject the interview.
Oh no worries - it's awesome you got an interview! Have a margarita or something. And that's good to know about the December deadline, thanks!

Do they really send them out this late at night??? For those of you who got then would you mind sharing your initials for us pyschos?
My initials are MT and my email came in at 5:12pm. I'm sure there are more invitations coming, so don't get down! Good luck to everyone! :)

I sure hope you guys are right! Congratulations all the same!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you come interview time! :D

To those that didn't get anything: In the past they sent out just one mass interview invite for OOS. However, it ain't over until the fat lady sings, so keep your head up and I hope you get some good news soon :)

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you come interview time! :D

To those that didn't get anything: In the past they sent out just one mass interview invite for OOS. However, it ain't over until the fat lady sings, so keep your head up and I hope you get some good news soon :)

Haha that makes me feel awful

So assuming the worst here...how long until they send out rejection letters?

I've heard that it is usually within the same week or close to the same week.

Hey guys! If you are coming for an interview you may want to try and schedule it at a time / day that allows you to hang around in columbia for the Exotics symposium!! It's happening Jan 10-11 and we have some awesome speakers coming to share all kinds of exotics knowledge!!!

Here is the link to the page!
http://cvm.missouri.edu/exoticsymposium/

Lol I am in denial. I just sent an e-mail to myself to make sure e-mails were getting through.

.....They are

Reactions: 2 users
Haha that makes me feel awful
I know it seems hopeless, but there is a small chance they could still send out another email with interview invites. Also, if you don't get a rejection when they are sent out, there is still hope that you can get an interview invite if someone cancels their interview. So it's not over quite yet.

My email was not working. I sent 2 different emails to myself. Finally, a half hour later they came through but no interview email. Talk about false hope!

Make sure you check your spam email as well!!! Every year some one on the forum finds an invite in their spam!

Nope, every part of my e-mail has been dead silent today which is odd for me.