Missouri c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It hit me that we could all be classmates soon.

I'm terrified. :p
Is Mizzou your number one?

And I am glad that we are all so terrifying :p.

And I will be up for first thing tomorrow, gotta love 8 am classes. Let's see if Goldengirl's info is about as valid as mine :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Tomorrow should be an exciting day!!!
I /want/ to say IS people should hear soon as they interview sometime in March? But I was not an IS applicant, so that is just my guesstimate.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when IS letters are supposed to go out? :/
You should find out about an interview around the middle of February or so. It should arrive by snail - mail and it will also contain your academic score as well. From there, you will interview late Feb - early March, and will find out final decisions last week of March or early April. It's one crazy wait but it's worth it! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Mizzou your number one?

And I am glad that we are all so terrifying :p.

And I will be up for first thing tomorrow, gotta love 8 am classes. Let's see if Goldengirl's info is about as valid as mine :p

I wish I hadn't checked sdn tonight!
I'm trying hard not to make an actual list until I hear back from all my schools(especially my IS), but Mizzou is definitely a front runner.

But yes it's terrifying. Y'all were just Internet people. To think about actually passing you in a hallway? :p sort of kidding.

I wish I hadn't checked sdn tonight!
I'm trying hard not to make an actual list until I hear back from all my schools(especially my IS), but Mizzou is definitely a front runner.

But yes it's terrifying. Y'all were just Internet people. To think about actually passing you in a hallway? :p sort of kidding.
why?

And ah I gotcha, very awesome :).

And pshhhh, I swear I don't bite. Can't speak for everyone else, but I am sure they don't as well. :p. And I am just about nothing like how I play WW, so if that's what's terrifying you... :p

why?

And ah I gotcha, very awesome :).

And pshhhh, I swear I don't bite hard. Can't speak for everyone else, but I am sure they don't as well. :p. And I am just about nothing like how I play WW, so if that's what's terrifying you... :p
FTFY

Reactions: 1 users
You should find out about an interview around the middle of February or so. It should arrive by snail - mail and it will also contain your academic score as well. From there, you will interview late Feb - early March, and will find out final decisions last week of March or early April. It's one crazy wait but it's worth it! :)

Hi, you mentioned an academic score. Is there a cutoff to this?

Hi, you mentioned an academic score. Is there a cutoff to this?
What do you mean by a "cutoff?" For Missouri interviews, there are three criteria that need to be met in order to get an interview (in other words, if you met these you automatically get an interview, though I believe last year there were only 80-something interviewees that attended). The three criteria are: 1) Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0, 2) 3 letters of elvatulation with one being from a vet, and 3) a 285 on the GRE with a 1.5 analytical score or a 15 MCAT.

Your academic score, on the other hand, is the total of your academic evaluation(the break-down is on the website and on the paper you will get), which is up to 40% of your entire evaluation (it will therefore be out of 40 points). Previously, the average accepted academic score is around a 25.91 for in-state, with 20.18 being the average for all Missouri applicants (I found this here: http://www.cvm.missouri.edu/VetMedCatalog_2013_14.pdf).

What do you mean by a "cutoff?" For Missouri interviews, there are three criteria that need to be met in order to get an interview (in other words, if you met these you automatically get an interview, though I believe last year there were only 80-something interviewees that attended). The three criteria are: 1) Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0, 2) 3 letters of elvatulation with one being from a vet, and 3) a 285 on the GRE with a 1.5 analytical score or a 15 MCAT.

Your academic score, on the other hand, is the total of your academic evaluation(the break-down is on the website and on the paper you will get), which is up to 40% of your entire evaluation (it will therefore be out of 40 points). Previously, the average accepted academic score is around a 25.91 for in-state, with 20.18 being the average for all Missouri applicants (I found this here: http://www.cvm.missouri.edu/VetMedCatalog_2013_14.pdf).

Yes! Thank you. The second part was what I intending to ask. So I know I submitted the requirements... but was wondering about how that added up against the 40 points for academic scores. The average will help me make sense when I do see my academic score.

Good luck tomorrow guys! We had an anatomy exam today so I forgot to check in on ya'll. FYI-- Last year I got my IS invite the 1st week of Feb (I want to say the 6th or 7th). Interviewed the last day of Feb.

Oh, and when ALL of you get your acceptance letters and immediately accept Mizzou as your top pick... 1) shoot me a message and I can add you to the facebook. 2) Then you will say to yourself, "self, where will I live?"

Let me offer a solution! I will be needing a roommate for next year and my place is fully furnished except for your bedroom (meaning you don't have to rent a uhaul or pack down the Winnebago for the long journey). Hit me up for more details.

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! I can't believe my dream has finally come true! Congrats to everyone else!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!!! Congratulations, everybody! We did it! :'D

Reactions: 10 users
WAHOOO CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!! SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU IN THE FALL!!!

Ashgirl, I was just coming to post the facebook page!

Anyone who wants to find me on facebook, just shoot me a message. Always happy to answer any questions you guys may have!

Congrats everyone! As others have said, feel free to hit me up with questions/facebook friendship

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!!!!!!

I GOT IN!!!!! OH MY GOSH I HAVE NEVER CRIED SO MANY HAPPY TEARS! :soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
So I have an interview at minnesota this weekend. Should I even go? Thoughts? Missouri is my top choice.

If Mizzou is your top choice, I say why bother spending more money if you are already into your top school! I cancelled two interviews after I got into Mizzou.

By the way, everyone, even if you aren't sure you want to go to Mizzou yet, you are still welcome to join the Class of 2019 facebook group!

Ahhhhh! Congratulations everyone! Also, Yay, I got accepted too!

Reactions: 7 users
So I have an interview at minnesota this weekend. Should I even go? Thoughts? Missouri is my top choice.

If mizzou is your top choice I wouldn't waste the money traveling. I was in your shoes when I got accepted- mizzou was my top choice- and I withdrew my app to another school and don't regret it one bit!! Use the travel money for something useful !

Hey guys, congratulations to those accepted - my heart is soaring for you. I've been listed as an alternate -- pretty bummed, I adored Mizzou -- and was wondering if anyone knows how deeply they tend to pull from the wait list, or if anyone has any info about the wait list process or experience with the Mizzou wait list at all. Thanks so much!

Congratulations, everyone! Hoping to join y'all next year!

Best of luck to ISers, too; I know it's a terribly long wait, but just remember that you've made it this far - what's another month?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I got my IS interview invite letter on February 6th. Good to know I'm not the only IS-er on here this year!

Hey guys, congratulations to those accepted - my heart is soaring for you. I've been listed as an alternate -- pretty bummed, I adored Mizzou -- and was wondering if anyone knows how deeply they tend to pull from the wait list, or if anyone has any info about the wait list process or experience with the Mizzou wait list at all. Thanks so much!

Don't be too bummed about it, the wait-list tends to move quite a bit! I don't have any personal experience, but two of my close friends got pulled off (one right after the April 15th deadline). Keep your chin up!!

I'm an alternate as well, it was pretty disappointing news. At the interview they mentioned that they accept 100 applicants for 60 seats, so at least 41 people would have to decline. Best of luck!

I know it's hard not to, but try not to despair, I know several people in my class that got off the waitlist (including one of my very close friends). Every year I hear that it move quite a bit, so there's still hope! :)

From what I hear the out of state list moves quite a bit. I wouldn't worry too much. You still have a dog in the fight, it's much better than a no!

From what I hear the out of state list moves quite a bit. I wouldn't worry too much. You still have a dog in the fight, it's much better than a no!

Was everyone that was not accepted chosen as an alternate? Or were there some rejections as well..

A little late to the game here, but CONGRATS EVERYONE!!! I'm so excited for all of you! :claps:

For those of you on the waiting list, don't lose hope! Like the others have said, it does seem to move fairly quickly from what I've heard. And I don't know stats for this year, but last year's OOS stats were something like 900 applied, 200 interviewed, 100-120ish accepted, and then a chuck of those remaining 80 or so were waitlisted. That's sort of a ball park of what I remember Kathy saying last year, and I would venture to say it's a similar distribution this year. I'm sure there were a few rejections, but probably not very many. Even though they over-accept for the 60 OOS spots they have, you'd be surprised at how many decline their acceptances to attend their IS or school of choice so they do usually drop below that number and start pulling from the wait list. @kittyy may be able to offer some more insight.

And same as everyone else has said, join the facebook group and if you have ANY questions at all about vet school, Columbia, why you should choose Mizzou, etc. don't hesitate to ask any of us! We'd be glad to help.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm too lazy to look back. (also, phone). What is the actual page name? Mizzou c/o 19 or vet school class or what? I found two c/o 19 pages on my phone and I don't want to join the undergrad one by mistake :)

Thanks beatles1964, ifalloverstuff, Ashgirl, and Rainheart! You are giving me some hope after a pretty rough day yesterday. I appreciate you sharing that info about the waiting list process.

I'm an alternate as well, it was pretty disappointing news. At the interview they mentioned that they accept 100 applicants for 60 seats, so at least 41 people would have to decline. Best of luck!

Just out of curiosity, what happens if more than 60 accept their offer?

I doubt that has ever happened at Missouri in the history of ever. But if it did, I am guessing probably a cage match to the death. Seems like the only logical way to go about it

Reactions: 5 users
I doubt that has ever happened at Missouri in the history of ever. But if it did, I am guessing probably a cage match to the death. Seems like the only logical way to go about it

I hope it's hunger-games style because I just took Archery at my school.

The admissions committee is really really good at guessing, so almost all of the time they end up with exactly 60 spots for OOS. However, they usually "hold" a few (I think it was 15-25) spots that for ISers just in case more than 60 OOSers accept. So when ISers find out usually 35-45 are accepted right away, and the rest are "on hold" until April 15th.

For those who want to come out and look for housing, a great time to do so is in April during the open house! I don't know the exact date off the top of my head, but I came out at that time with my mom and we had fun :D

The admissions committee is really really good at guessing, so almost all of the time they end up with exactly 60 spots for OOS. However, they usually "hold" a few (I think it was 15-25) spots that for ISers just in case more than 60 OOSers accept. So when ISers find out usually 35-45 are accepted right away, and the rest are "on hold" until April 15th.
I know at least some ISers are rejected outright, I was last year. But I don't blame them, my application was pretty weak at the time.

I know at least some ISers are rejected outright, I was last year. But I don't blame them, my application was pretty weak at the time.
Oops, I meant the rest of the 60 spots, not the rest of the IS applicants altogether!

I think last year there were 111 or so IS applicants, ~80 interviewed and 60 or more got accepted when it was all said and done.

For those who want to come out and look for housing, a great time to do so is in April during the open house! I don't know the exact date off the top of my head, but I came out at that time with my mom and we had fun :D

Open house is Saturday, April 18th!!! I highly suggest coming back to COMO for open house to look for housing and also get a Stress Free tour of the facilities and check out a lot of the clubs and other cool things we have planned for Open House! @Rainheart and I went and signed our lease and toured the school again and it was such a good decision!