Missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else a bit miffed that they ask you what other schools you applied to this year? I feel like it's ammunition against an applicant to have them list this information. I mean, if I'm showing an interest in your school, it shouldn't matter what other schools I'm also interested in. I almost don't want to list the other schools I applied to :oops:.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else a bit miffed that they ask you what other schools you applied to this year? I feel like it's ammunition against an applicant to have them list this information. I mean, if I'm showing an interest in your school, it shouldn't matter what other schools I'm also interested in. I almost don't want to list the other schools I applied to :oops:.

I was a little worried about that, but I have a good response if they ask me why I applied to 8 other schools. Usually you get asked that in your interview anyway, which I don't really mind, but it makes me a little nervous when they have all that information before hand.

I wasn't asked about it, if that helps. I applied to two others.

They did use it to make a case FOR them, though. They said very nice things about my in state school and then tried to be persuasive for why Missouri was also a good choice. They didn't say anything negative about the other schools, just highlighted some good things about their school.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)

Great, I thought they meant what other schools did you apply to other years. I guess I should email them about my mistake....

Do you think on the Uniqueness essay it would be wrong to talk about just one experience even though it asks for experiences?

Do you think on the Uniqueness essay it would be wrong to talk about just one experience even though it asks for experiences?
I talked about one big thing. I hope that's what they want to see.

Anyone know if under Animal Experience if the "hours working with this species/group while NOT observing a veterinarian" means pets or should I stick to shelter care? (Pets would significantly bump my hours, so I'd like to do it right)

I talked about one big thing. I hope that's what they want to see.

Anyone know if under Animal Experience if the "hours working with this species/group while NOT observing a veterinarian" means pets or should I stick to shelter care? (Pets would significantly bump my hours, so I'd like to do it right)

Okay, thats good to hear, thats what I was doing but just wanted to make sure it was Kosher.

I used the same rules that VMCAS has. That personal pets don't count unless you are training/competing/breeding, I forget the "ifs" VMCAS has.

If we can use pets though for UM that would be awesome!

Last edited:
Yeesh...I'm still trying to finalize my essays for the MU app, and I feel like the "3 most important attributes" and "Diversity/Life Experience" essays are turning out to be practically the same. :scared:

Anyway, crunch time for this application! Good luck, everyone!:xf:

Yeesh...I'm still trying to finalize my essays for the MU app, and I feel like the "3 most important attributes" and "Diversity/Life Experience" essays are turning out to be practically the same. :scared:

I feel your pain.

+1 to bbeventer's comment. I just finished the animal exp/research sections. Gonna give myself 10 min to chill then start review/revising the essays (I still have a trait left on the "3 attributes" to do, but now all that's left is essays)

Good luck y'all!:luck:

Okay, thats good to hear, thats what I was doing but just wanted to make sure it was Kosher.

I used the same rules that VMCAS has. That personal pets don't count unless you are training/competing/breeding, I forget the "ifs" VMCAS has.

If we can use pets though for UM that would be awesome!

Woops. If that's the case, I screwed that up!

Oh well. Really, I'm pretty displeased with the lack of directions on their supplemental right now. If you also included your pet hours, I'm sure we won't be the only ones ;)

Woops. If that's the case, I screwed that up!

Oh well. Really, I'm pretty displeased with the lack of directions on their supplemental right now. If you also included your pet hours, I'm sure we won't be the only ones ;)

Hmm maybe I will tac a little extra on... everyone else is doing it ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck, guys! I'm going to bed, but tomorrow you will be one step closer to suffering as my little sib.

:banana: Yea! Done! An hour early too! Take that procrastination!

And done.......

Now for the wait - based on what I've read from last year we can expect to hear sometime in November? Am I getting that right?

And done.......

Now for the wait - based on what I've read from last year we can expect to hear sometime in November? Am I getting that right?

That seems speedy?

I may be crazy, but I just glanced at last years thread and it said everyone picked their interview date when they applied? I did not do this on my supplemental! Did you guys....?????? :scared:
I guess this is why people take a year off, so they can put a million hours into researching and making sure everything is perfect :/

After I submitted the supplemental application it says in red "Please be sure your payment is completed/postmarked by midnight November 1, 2011"

But when I go to pay, it says that the effect date will be November 2, 2011. Does anyone know if this will be a problem?!

I printed the screen that has the date and time stamp of when it was completed, but I'm just being a worry nut.

Thanks!

I may be crazy, but I just glanced at last years thread and it said everyone picked their interview date when they applied? I did not do this on my supplemental! Did you guys....?????? :scared:
I guess this is why people take a year off, so they can put a million hours into researching and making sure everything is perfect :/

Umm I didn't see anything like that on the application?

I looked over everything twice and did not see that - so maybe a change from last year? This is my first year applying to Missouri so not sure

They probably ask you for a list of dates when they notify you about the interview.

There is no picking interview dates at the time of application submission. It might be different for OOSers, but for ISers, we were given a date/time to show up and interview once they decided who to interview.

As for pets, I called Kathy last year to clarify. She said that I could include ownership. Don't freak out :)

There is no picking interview dates at the time of application submission. It might be different for OOSers, but for ISers, we were given a date/time to show up and interview once they decided who to interview.

As for pets, I called Kathy last year to clarify. She said that I could include ownership. Don't freak out :)

Darn. Didn't include ownership hours.

Crap. I removed the pet hours. I hope they don't care TOO much, as I've had pets forever. One of them is climbing on my laptop as we speak!

Oh well, here's to the waiting.

I wouldn't worry about it, fromthebox and orca2011. I really don't think it's a big deal, whether you include it or not, and you can always update your numbers with Kathy if you have something you really want them to know. I emailed her after my interview to update some of my numbers, and she noted them on my file. No problemo!

Good luck, guys! I'm going to bed, but tomorrow you will be one step closer to suffering as my little sib.

I'd want nothing more, breenie!!
And, everyone else- I did not pick an interview date and I think a lot of people paid their supp fee last night, so I wouldn't worry about it going through on time. Just relax and breathe- it's over!!! ;)

1. Yes, you should hear from them in November.
2. Yes, it is in email form.
3. No, you don't pick an interview date now, you pick it in November (even you crazy OOSers like me)
4. No, your pet hours are not a huge deal.
5. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!

1. Yes, you should hear from them in November.
2. Yes, it is in email form.
3. No, you don't pick an interview date now, you pick it in November (even you crazy OOSers like me)
4. No, your pet hours are not a huge deal.
5. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!

Aww breenie the voice of reason among us sleep deprived.

We're going to hear back sometime THIS MONTH?! I'm going to be in full-on panic every day until I get that email. Wow. I though I had a month or two to relax and put it out of my mind....no rest for a vet school applicant though, ever!

Scb44f, can we make the pre-vetters compete to be our lil sibs? And then can we have a double lil sib date when we claim them?

Scb44f, can we make the pre-vetters compete to be our lil sibs? And then can we have a double lil sib date when we claim them?

Heck yeah!! That sounds great!

Just an aside, are there any ISers applying this year? I know there aren't any on the thread with the lists, but I'm just wondering if we have any lurkers :)

Heck yeah!! That sounds great!

Just an aside, are there any ISers applying this year? I know there aren't any on the thread with the lists, but I'm just wondering if we have any lurkers :)

I think Krist from last year is reapplying?

Yes I am!! Second times a charm...haha I hope! Of course now we have the ridiculously long wait until february to hear when our interviews will be, yuck. Anyone else? Current mizzouers, how is school going?? Tell your classmate jaime that I said hi :)

I'm an IS lurker :D

What do they tell you in November? I wasn't expecting to hear anything for a long time!

I had a dream last night that they sent me a letter saying I was disqualified for using a specific phrase on my application, but wouldn't tell me what it was. Its going to be a long six months.

Yes I am!! Second times a charm...haha I hope! Of course now we have the ridiculously long wait until february to hear when our interviews will be, yuck. Anyone else? Current mizzouers, how is school going?? Tell your classmate jaime that I said hi :)

Aww you're friends with Jaime! She's nice, I like her!

School has mostly been going well, but we had our most stressful week this week... and a really really rough anatomy exam. :( Ouch. I went and put a bunch of liquor in my belly last night to compensate.

What do they tell you in November? I wasn't expecting to hear anything for a long time!

I had a dream last night that they sent me a letter saying I was disqualified for using a specific phrase on my application, but wouldn't tell me what it was. Its going to be a long six months.

They let out of state applicants know if they recieved an interview or not, then they get interviewed in January. Y'all have to wait a lot longer. :(

Yay! Glad to hear you're out there :) I'm sorry to say this but you won't hear much for a few months. I think the first thing I received was the email letting me know what all I had left to gather (transcripts, evals, whatever they haven't gotten yet). I think I got this just a few weeks before it was all due. Then I got a letter in February with my interview information and academic score. I interviewed in Feb. though so I don't know if they send out batches of those, or have them out all at once. We don't have the option of choosing an interview date, though I'm sure if there was a huge issue with the one you were given, they would work with you.

It's november 21st, OOS applicants should know soon if they got an interview???? I had a dream about it last night.... :xf:

It's november 21st, OOS applicants should know soon if they got an interview???? I had a dream about it last night.... :xf:

Guess I didn't get one then.... haven't heard a peep from Missouri. :(

Guess I didn't get one then.... haven't heard a peep from Missouri. :(

I am OOS and I haven't heard either.....from the thread last year people knew at this date.....but it may be different this year!

Last year it was Nov 18, year before Nov 17, and the year before that around Nov 23ish - so sometime this week......stress....

And yes I searched old threads to figure it out :) how else to deal with the stress of waiting :)

Checking email every 5 minutes. This is healthier than every 20 seconds, which is what I want to do.