Missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
at least no one has posted about missouri on the "official interview" thread (yet)... at least that's mildly reassuring?

Members don't see this ad.

They say knowledge is power - but man - I really think knowing a time range when invites comes out is going to kill me......

Members don't see this ad :)
They say knowledge is power - but man - I really think knowing a time range when invites comes out is going to kill me......

Every time I go to check my email I hold my breath slightly. This is not fun.

at least no one has posted about missouri on the "official interview" thread (yet)... at least that's mildly reassuring?

Either that or no one on this forum is getting an interview invite :(.

Don't kill me! :eek:

I got the e-mail just NOW at 4:43 PM!!! Check your e-mail, peeps! :xf:

Don't kill me! :eek:

I got the e-mail just NOW at 4:43 PM!!! Check your e-mail, peeps! :xf:

Me too! Mine didn't show up until 5:43! ...although now that I think about it, that may just be the time change... :eyebrow:

Regardless, yay! :D

Oh gosh, is it one big send out??? :scared:

I was looking through previous years to try to find out if they all came out on the same date, but then I figured I could look through every year since the beginning of SDN and still not know anything. So if you're worried- call tomorrow and ask them! Until then, don't stress!
Easier said than done, I know, but still...:shrug:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No email for me either. I was really hoping to come home from work and find one. Hopefully tomorrow. Congrats to everyone who got one so far!

Good luck everyone! I can't believe the interviews are only 15 minutes...

Congrats everyone that received emails!

No email for me - still waiting on IS school and couple other OOS - so fingers crossed....

Good luck everyone!

I applied to the same places as well. Where else did you apply?

KSU, Mizzou, Illinois, Minnesota, UC Davis (IS) and Western U.

Last year I got rejected at Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, Davis, Western (incomplete app) and KSU after an interview. so, not getting an interview at KSU this year after improving my app sucks a lot.

Where else did you apply?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but if I remember correctly, they emailed out interviews and mailed OOS rejections at this stage of the game. :( So if you don't get an email in the next day...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but if I remember correctly, they emailed out interviews and mailed OOS rejections at this stage of the game. :( So if you don't get an email in the next day...

Now I'm totally going to be refreshing my email like every 5 minutes tomorrow...except for the four hours I'm at work.

KSU, Mizzou, Illinois, Minnesota, UC Davis (IS) and Western U.

Last year I got rejected at Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, Davis, Western (incomplete app) and KSU after an interview. so, not getting an interview at KSU this year after improving my app sucks a lot.

Where else did you apply?

KSU, Mizzou, Illinois (IS), and Minnesota.

Breenie, that news makes me really nervous now :scared:

No Missouri...no Iowa...this is gonna be a really long next couple of months :(.

To those of you still waiting to hear - I went ahead and sent an email to see if they will be sending out any additional OOS invites...their response....

"That is correct, invites have been sent by email yesterday. We will now wait on the responses to see if additional invites will be sent….could be mid December before that happens."

Also - my husband spent some time last night talking me back from the edge of panic - just because we didn't hear from Missouri (or other schools) doesn't mean its over - his very sound advice for me was....No matter what happens - you will not just survive - you will thrive.....

The only real thing we have control over at this point is how we handle this stressful time and continue to prove we are worthy of the honor of a DVM education - I believe it was Breenie that said earlier - Keep calm, and carry on.....

To those of you still waiting to hear - I went ahead and sent an email to see if they will be sending out any additional OOS invites...their response....

"That is correct, invites have been sent by email yesterday. We will now wait on the responses to see if additional invites will be sent….could be mid December before that happens."

Also - my husband spent some time last night talking me back from the edge of panic - just because we didn't hear from Missouri (or other schools) doesn't mean its over - his very sound advice for me was....No matter what happens - you will not just survive - you will thrive.....

The only real thing we have control over at this point is how we handle this stressful time and continue to prove we are worthy of the honor of a DVM education - I believe it was Breenie that said earlier - Keep calm, and carry on.....

Well...balls. Thanks for the words Cypress, it's nice to know other people are going through the same thing here. It's true, vet school applications are not the end of the world. Thank goodness for Turkey Day, I need some good food and holiday cheer to perk me up after this week :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the news, I could defiantly use someone to keep me calm.

I guess I can accept/deal with the silence if it means I have a slightly higher chance of not being flat out rejected (at least as of yet) And agreed in regards to Turkey Day. I am SO looking forward to eating an entire plate of sweet potatoes. I was a little worried it wasn't going to happen because I came down with a horrible sore throat on Saturday, but it seems to be clearing up just in time. =)

What e-mail address to you use to send them an e-mail. I have been trying to e-mail them an update to my application for about a week and a half and after I send the e-mail about 2-3 days later I get an email response back saying that my message could not be sent. I have only found 2 email addresses for them and both email addresses did the same thing.

Thanks for the update, Cypress. I'm another OOS applicant that did not receive an invite on the 21st. So does this mean that they have not sent out any rejection letters yet?

In case anybody didn't know there is an interview invite forum that people post their interviews on. It doesn't look like too many schools have notified so no need to worry yet. Good luck to everybody and dont stress too much because we will all have plenty of time for that in vet school.

No email or postal mail for me yet, either way.....has anyone received an official rejection yet?

I'm just waiting for mine, at this point. Sigh.

No email or postal mail for me yet, either way.....has anyone received an official rejection yet?

I'm just waiting for mine, at this point. Sigh.

Same...

I called the day after Thanksgiving but they were closed. Never had time to call this past week. I fear the worst, though.

As do I. I'm supposed to submit my U. Wisc supplemental tomorrow...I can't even bear to look at it. Way too depressed.

As do I. I'm supposed to submit my U. Wisc supplemental tomorrow...I can't even bear to look at it. Way too depressed.
Go for a run, or do anything to get your mind off it. I know I'm one to talk as I get very depressive/unmotivated and ranty on SDN for the same stuff, but it works. Watch a movie with friends, have a drink if that's your thing for stress. THe Wisc supplemental is something you CAN do to improve your chances, there isn't much we can do to alter the Mizzou ones now, so take a moment, then kick butt on the WI supplement like I know you will!

Go for a run, or do anything to get your mind off it. I know I'm one to talk as I get very depressive/unmotivated and ranty on SDN for the same stuff, but it works. Watch a movie with friends, have a drink if that's your thing for stress. THe Wisc supplemental is something you CAN do to improve your chances, there isn't much we can do to alter the Mizzou ones now, so take a moment, then kick butt on the WI supplement like I know you will!

Aww, thanks for that...I needed a little boost. I need to just remind myself it's not over until it's over.

Anyone current students care to comment about why you love Mizzou? I'm interviewing there this weekend and would love the inside scoop. From what I've seen on their website, I definitely love the 2+2 curriculum and the huge variety of clinical rotations/specialties that are available to pursue.

Anyone current students care to comment about why you love Mizzou? I'm interviewing there this weekend and would love the inside scoop. From what I've seen on their website, I definitely love the 2+2 curriculum and the huge variety of clinical rotations/specialties that are available to pursue.

Haha! Yet another weekend interview together for us, NStarz! First OSU, now Mizzou. :D Are you on Saturday or Sunday? I'm on Sunday (1/8).

Haha! Yet another weekend interview together for us, NStarz! First OSU, now Mizzou. :D Are you on Saturday or Sunday? I'm on Sunday (1/8).

Haha, are you stalking me?? :eek: I'm actually interviewing on Friday. I'm driving from Kansas City to Missouri Thursday, and then heading over to Kansas on Saturday from my interview on Sunday. Busy weekend. :D They better not ask me any euthanasia questions, though, because I just had to put my baby girl down on Saturday and I will probably start balling my eyes out.

I like Mizzou.

I'm not one of the ambassadors, so you'll probably get a significantly more impassioned response from one of them. They're the overachieving, school spirited types. :) I'm a little less of that, but I'm definitely here to advocate for my school.

Things I like
- The majority of my classmates are pretty great people
- The majority of our professors are really interested in our learning and success. I have asked THE MOST ridiculous questions before, and gotten very thorough, thoughtful, and enthusiastic responses. Obviously I have a few favorites and a few are so-so, but in general, I think our faculty is really top notch.
- Our classes make sense. A lot of similar concepts are coupled here-- we have GI physiology and nutrition at the same time this block, which really makes sense. And while it was kind of overwhelming at the time, learning about hearing/balance/vision in histology, physiology, and anatomy all at the same time really made it click a lot better for me. If you're in next year's class, they are making an integrated neuro class, that combines the neuro portions of anatomy and physiology into one course. I think this will be a great thing!
- A corollary of the above two... the professors do change things around to try to improve things. I do appreciate this. There are a lot of things that are "traditions" here and some things are really set in their way, but our curriculum is flexible when it should be, and they have been making improvements, IMHO, especially regarding course structures.
- Columbia is actually a really fun, pleasant place to live. The area is beautiful, the weather is nice compared to where I'm from, and cost of living is low.
- IN STATE TUITION.
- Scb44f is here, duh ;)
- The gym here is OFF THE CHAAAAIIINNN. Seriously. I think it won some award for being like the best campus gym ever. I am so much more in shape than in college.
- It just kind of feels right.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions, but that's what I've got for now.

Thanks Breenie!!!

How are the clubs/opportunities outside the classroom? Facilities?

The ability to get IS tuition is a huge plus for me (I think it comes out to the cheapest school I applied to, being OOS everywhere), but I don't think that's necessarily when the adcoms want to hear during my interview!

I'm glad to hear that Missouri is focused on improving their curriculum and that the professors care about your success. Big :thumbup: in my book.

- The gym here is OFF THE CHAAAAIIINNN. Seriously. I think it won some award for being like the best campus gym ever. I am so much more in shape than in college.

Is it sad that I was a little bit upset about not getting to use that gym since I got rejected? I saw a picture of the beach get-away pool and got really excited. Haha.

Thanks Breenie!!!

How are the clubs/opportunities outside the classroom? Facilities?

The ability to get IS tuition is a huge plus for me (I think it comes out to the cheapest school I applied to, being OOS everywhere), but I don't think that's necessarily when the adcoms want to hear during my interview!

I'm glad to hear that Missouri is focused on improving their curriculum and that the professors care about your success. Big :thumbup: in my book.

Nah, they definitely push the tuition as a selling point.

Facilities are nice! LA is pretty great, some complain that the equine area is too dark (whatevs)... I haven't spent much time in SA.

I like the clubs. I'm most involved in equine club, which is really well organized and has great opportunities. The other clubs do a lot, and I think I signed up for a dental wet lab soon (???).... definitely more to do that you have time for. Raptor rehab is one that some people get really into. You basically just hang out with birds of prey all the time.

Is it sad that I was a little bit upset about not getting to use that gym since I got rejected? I saw a picture of the beach get-away pool and got really excited. Haha.

Yeah, I am super obsessed with the lazy river! :)

I like Mizzou.

I'm not one of the ambassadors, so you'll probably get a significantly more impassioned response from one of them. They're the overachieving, school spirited types. :) I'm a little less of that, but I'm definitely here to advocate for my school.

Hey now... You are forgiven only because you said I am a positive about our school :)

Edit: I will be there on Saturday as an ambassador. And I'll answer the 'what do you like' question once I'm done with dinner.

Hey now... You are forgiven only because you said I am a positive about our school :)

Hey man, someone has to do it. And lord knows I am not going to be the one in there on a Saturday when I don't have to be!

I like Mizzou.

- IN STATE TUITION.
I'm happy to answer any specific questions, but that's what I've got for now.

Can i ask about in state tuition please? I heard that one condition is to earn at least 2000 (?) $ per year (not sure calendar one or school year :confused:). I am afraid that it will be difficult for me to work during the school time, but i plan to work during the summer (between the first and second year). Will i be still eligible for in state tuition in this case?
I looked at the list of available activities during interview day, and looks like we will not have financial workshop there (as we had in Tufts), so i am not sure how to get all info about in state tuition - not the best questions during the interview process i am afraid. I am outstate everywhere so i am looking for cheapest option, but i can't tell it to admission committee.
Thanks for help.

Can i ask about in state tuition please? I heard that one condition is to earn at least 2000 (?) $ per year (not sure calendar one or school year :confused:). I am afraid that it will be difficult for me to work during the school time, but i plan to work during the summer (between the first and second year). Will i be still eligible for in state tuition in this case?
I looked at the list of available activities during interview day, and looks like we will not have financial workshop there (as we had in Tufts), so i am not sure how to get all info about in state tuition - not the best questions during the interview process i am afraid. I am outstate everywhere so i am looking for cheapest option, but i can't tell it to admission committee.
Thanks for help.

You can be upfront about your financial need, I feel. Purdue asked me if I would require a scholarship to attend their school if I was accepted by others-- I said yes, they gave me one. This probably won't come up in an interview in any other context, so just leave it be. There is plenty of time to ask about the financial stuff during their presentations.

They should give you a financial aid contact person and will go over some details about the tuition.

Many people do the VRSP program, which pays you $3600, and satisfies the residency requirement. Most people work during the summer.