Missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oops realized I misread your question!

You only need to document your presence for the summer. Semi weekly paystubs satisfy this. If you're paid monthly, you provide bank records to prove your stay in Missouri.

Members don't see this ad.

Oops realized I misread your question!

You only need to document your presence for the summer. Semi weekly paystubs satisfy this. If you're paid monthly, you provide bank records to prove your stay in Missouri.

On that note, is it ok to leave Missouri as long as it's temporary? As in, can you take a week or two long vacation?

On that note, is it ok to leave Missouri as long as it's temporary? As in, can you take a week or two long vacation?

They say that you can leave for 14 days not including holiday breaks. However, based on the residency requirements, in the summer you have to have a paystub every week so it might not be possible to take 1-2 weeks of vacation.

Members don't see this ad :)
And you only get 6 weeks, so 2 is a third of that...

We're trekkin' down to Columbia this Friday to check out a whole bungload of housing options! Hooray! :D

I love figuring out who everyone is! (I answered your fb group question- I'm the one in the hat ;))

Anyone know anything about the area near Clark & Hanover Boulevard OR the area near Route K/Old Plank Rd and s. Maple Meadows? Trying to decide between duplexes in both areas and having a hard time making a decision :) PM me or post here if you want.

The best part is that I might be able to move down the beginning of JULY!!!! SO excited!!! :) I saw so much more of the town this weekend and like it even more!!!

I JUST GOT CALLED OFF THE WAIT LIST ABOUT AN HOUR AGO!!!

sorry for all the caps but I'm SUPER excited!!! Can't wait to get to know all my future classmates! I'm going to be a vet!!:soexcited:

That is great, animallover!

I really don't know those parts of town. You might consider posting that on the Facebook wall. Lots of people who have lived in Columbia for longer are in the group and they might be able to give you a better idea.

I JUST GOT CALLED OFF THE WAIT LIST ABOUT AN HOUR AGO!!!

sorry for all the caps but I'm SUPER excited!!! Can't wait to get to know all my future classmates! I'm going to be a vet!!:soexcited:

YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::clap::highfive::banana:

Do we have a Facebook group for the people attending for c/o 2016? If so can someone post the link because I can't find it for some reason..

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone got academic information/orientation and financial aid packages or know when we should hear about it?

Has anyone got academic information/orientation and financial aid packages or know when we should hear about it?

I asked about the orientation information and they said that they wouldn't be sending that out until after May 1st but I didn't ask about the rest of that stuff. But I think probably after may first because I think I called last week (or maybe the end of the week before) and they said that they hadn't finished filling the class yet.

So has anyone heard anything at all yet? Just want to make sure I'm not the only one, I've been a little worried since it seems other people have been hearing from their schools. And they haven't done anything with my check yet... I'm assuming this is the same for everyone else?

So has anyone heard anything at all yet? Just want to make sure I'm not the only one, I've been a little worried since it seems other people have been hearing from their schools. And they haven't done anything with my check yet... I'm assuming this is the same for everyone else?

My check hasn't been cashed yet either. And when I called she was like we are very laid back here and we still have to graduate the class of 2012 and haven't finished filling the class so that's why she said not until after may 1st (for orientation info at least).

Also I think when they cash the check has something to do with when they enroll us with main campus.

When you come here you'll notice that the vet school is like a separate alien entity from Mizzou that occasionally calls the mothership... I think whenever they do stuff with main campus it always slows them down.

No worries, guys!

No worries! No news is good news. They seem to have a delay in information compared to other schools, but that's just how they do it.

I was told the checks aren't cashed until they can actually enroll us in our classes, which still isn't for a little while. Don't worry; we're all still going to vet school! :)

So I got an e-mail today from the school about financial aid and it says non-resident tuition for 2012-13 is 59,398 and the cost of attendance is 68,314 however on the school website the non-resident tuition for 2012-13 says it is 49,398 and the cost of attendance is 68,314 so do you guys think that they ended up raising the tuition by 10,000 and haven't updated on the website even though it says 2012-13 or that the e-mail made a mistake especially since the cost of attendance is the same for both (cuz the cost of attendance should be more than 68,314 if they raised tuition to 59,398)? I really hope they made a mistake in the e-mail. :confused: :scared:

So I got an e-mail today from the school about financial aid and it says non-resident tuition for 2012-13 is 59,398 and the cost of attendance is 68,314 however on the school website the non-resident tuition for 2012-13 says it is 49,398 and the cost of attendance is 68,314 so do you guys think that they ended up raising the tuition by 10,000 and haven't updated on the website even though it says 2012-13 or that the e-mail made a mistake especially since the cost of attendance is the same for both (cuz the cost of attendance should be more than 68,314 if they raised tuition to 59,398)? I really hope they made a mistake in the e-mail. :confused: :scared:
I didn't get anything! :(

it only came like 45 minutes ago which was weird cuz that is late especially there (not that late where I am) and they sent an e-mail about a job as a tech in one of the labs.

Yep, I got both of those too! I was surprised with how late they came too

I got the lab tech one, but nothing about Financial Aid...which I will TOTALLY need! Hopefully they're getting sent out one at a time or something...

It was a generic financial aid email, not all that helpful... If you don't get it I can PM it to you or something if you want

Sorry I'm a little behind on SDN since I've had finals but I'm FINALLY done.

I was called off the wait list and tomorrow was technically my deadline to decide but I (like some people had mentioned) hadn't had my check cashed or any conformation that they actually received it so I called today to confirm. She said yes they got it and they were sending it to the main campus and the check should be cashed probably by the end of this week. So maybe that's when everyone's will be cashed? who knows.

I also haven't received any sort of information or emails or anything, I just assumed it was because I'm a little behind everyone else because of the waitlist. I hope we get more info soon! I'm so excited I want all the info I can get! :)

Sorry I'm a little behind on SDN since I've had finals but I'm FINALLY done.

I was called off the wait list and tomorrow was technically my deadline to decide but I (like some people had mentioned) hadn't had my check cashed or any conformation that they actually received it so I called today to confirm. She said yes they got it and they were sending it to the main campus and the check should be cashed probably by the end of this week. So maybe that's when everyone's will be cashed? who knows.

I also haven't received any sort of information or emails or anything, I just assumed it was because I'm a little behind everyone else because of the waitlist. I hope we get more info soon! I'm so excited I want all the info I can get! :)
My e-mail was hiding in my Spam folder :oops: follefille was awesome and forwarded it to me though, so if you want me to pass it on, PM me your e-mail address!

Has anyone had their check cashed or received any more information? I swear she said by the end of the week (last week) but still nothing here..

My check was cashed 5/1/12! But no more information from the school.

I just checked my online banking stuff. My check was cashed on 5/02/12. So was my deposit to hold our duplex. Bye bye, $900! :(

No frowny faces! Y'all should be excited. :) I loved the terror and newness of the summer leading up to school! Yes, it's expensive, I know, but soon you'll be settled into your life of poverty and you won't even notice.

:)

:laugh: I know, I know. I'm just sooooo burned out from work right now and my hubs is still unemployed (yet STILL hasn't put our house up for sale here!! :scared: ) so there's a bit of stress to get through until we move in (hopefully) early July. I really can't wait to move to MO, live in a new place, be done w/my job, and meet all these new peeps!!! :love: