MMI tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shtumpa

Juggler
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an early interview at an MMI school and was trying to get tips beforehand. Here is how I felt post-interview:

The MMI scenario's mostly are probably going to be more or less like those posted as practice MMI's online. The key to the interview is to think of many nuances to each question within the time they give you. Practice this. Take MMI questions from the internet and give yourself a timed minute or two to think of any possibilities. For example, think of

A) More information you may want to get
B) Physical possibilities of what you can do
C) People you would probably want to talk to

and of course

D) How arguments can be presented for both sides of the dilemma (but ultimatly pick a side and stick with it)

I think I did well, but I am haunted by the fact that I didn't really use all my time after reading the question to work through all the possibilities and got burned at one station where I missed an obvious possible solution.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
very true. Read the question and attack it from many sides.

Members don't see this ad :)
any links to videos or sample MMI questions that you prefer/recommend?

After you gave an initial response, were you asked more questions during the 8 minute (or so) session?

Reactions: 1 user
After you gave an initial response, were you asked more questions during the 8 minute (or so) session?
yes. thats a big part of the mmi

any links to videos or sample MMI questions that you prefer/recommend?

honestly, if you google "mmi sample questions" virtually all the results are good; they are ultimately very similar takes on a few basic questions.

Also-prepare as you would for a normal interview because there will be a few "normal" stations (some schools more than others) where you will need to talk about the typical items. That is why MMI is much more prep than regular interview...