Mneumonics for the Major Functions of the G-protein-linked 2nd messenger receptors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SKaminski

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a good way to remember the MAJOR FUNCTIONS of each of these receptors? I'm well aware of the mneumonics linking alpha- 1 to Gq, ect ect, but how do you go about memorizing that:

beta-2 causes vasodilation, bronchodilation, decreased uterine tone, ciliary muscle relaxation, increased aqueous humor production, increased heart rate, increased contractility, increased lipolysis, and inreased insulin release

or

M3 increased exocrine gland secretions, gut peristalsis, bladder contraction, ect ect.

how do you memorize all these random facts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a good way to remember the MAJOR FUNCTIONS of each of these receptors? I'm well aware of the mneumonics linking alpha- 1 to Gq, ect ect, but how do you go about memorizing that:

beta-2 causes vasodilation, bronchodilation, decreased uterine tone, ciliary muscle relaxation, increased aqueous humor production, increased heart rate, increased contractility, increased lipolysis, and inreased insulin release

or

M3 increased exocrine gland secretions, gut peristalsis, bladder contraction, ect ect.

how do you memorize all these random facts?

Have you already completed MS2? A lot of that information is easy to remember if you think about the ANS drugs and which receptor(s) they work on.

For example, you know albuterol is a b2 agonist and can be used to treat hyperkalemia. You also know that insulin can be used to treat hyperk as well. There's your connection to remember b2 increases insulin release.

Reactions: 1 user