MOC recertification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dunecat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two questions:

(1) I have signed up for the MOC board recertification for the period from 10-31 through 11-4; has anyone heard from ABMS yet?

(2) I'm going through beattheboards MOC version. Have those that have previously used the lectures and questions feel sufficiently prepared for the MOC recertification? Also, the cost for years MOC beattheboards is the same as the study materials as for the initial neurology certification; would anyone know if the 'MOC' version misses thugs for a recertification, as compared to the study material for the initial certfication?

Thank you for any advise that you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

Bueller? =)

Personally I cannot recertify through the ABPN. They want a pound of flesh and they give nothing back to me professionally or personally. They certainly don't help patient care. I have already become BC through the alternative boards.

Start here: https://nbpas.org/

Good luck. This must be a personal decision, but to my mind there's a clear choice: support the corrupt status quo or change things for the better - for the next wave of docs.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I took the exam on 11-4-16. Has anyone heard back yet on their result on the last MOC cycle?

Yes, the results of the last exam cycle were released this past week. Check Folios and your email.

Yes - passed. 10 more years I guess.

Start here: https://nbpas.org/

Good luck. This must be a personal decision, but to my mind there's a clear choice: support the corrupt status quo or change things for the better - for the next wave of docs.

I also joined NBPAS after passing ABPN initial certification. I encourage all to do the same. Vote with your feet and money. Why sacrifice your hard work, time and money so that the ABPN board members can enjoy $700,000 salary for doing nothing meaningful for its members? Read the NBPAS mission statement and be a part of the movement that makes sense.