moca 2.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My question is on the timing of this thing. My certificate expires 2020. According to the old (or I guess still current) MOCA, I was due to complete either a case evaluation or simulation in the first 5 years and the other in the second 5 years. That meant one of them had to be done by 12/12/15. This new MOCA 2.0 goes live on 1/1/16. Does that mean I can just not do anything this year and then pick up in 2016 with 2.0?
I'm in the same boat. One of the emails I received linked to a list of requirements, and they sort of hand-wave on this issue, but state that if you haven't done any of the first-half stuff, you can do it all in the second-half. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my main problem with the new MOCA. The easiest way to achieve your part 4 points is a very expensive weekend doing a simulation course. They claimed that they were not mandating simulation but the points system definitely funnels you in that direction.

Reactions: 2 users
This is my main problem with the new MOCA. The easiest way to achieve your part 4 points is a very expensive weekend doing a simulation course. They claimed that they were not mandating simulation but the points system definitely funnels you in that direction.
You knew that was coming after they spent all that time and money approving the sim centers. They will make the alternatives so painful that it is easier to just go do a sim session. I actually enjoyed mine and the department paid for it. I'll worry about it again in another 7 years or so.

Just did the first set of MOCA Minute questions. Pretty painless.
I just did a few. Most of the questions were very straightforward questions of simple fact that I figure every anesthesiologist ought to know cold. Anatomy, etc. They very much reminded me of AKT-6 level questions. First order, one line, direct questions of fact.

I don't think I like the 60 second limit. I guess they want to limit the Googlers out there, but I wasted some time staring at one of them in a sort of "obscure WTF is this" shock ... :) My biggest misgiving at this point is that while the 60 second limit thwarts Googlers, it also puts a cap on how complex the actual questions can be.

The end result is that this is mostly factoid testing, and rarely a test of judgment or decision making. Of those questions, there was exactly one that had a hint of management in it (a question about best drug choice in a patient with a particular condition).

I disagreed with one question (two of the choices were vague and unclear) and left feedback. Still knocked me down to a C average, which sorta bothers me.

Well, not really. What actually bothers me is that I just paid $210 for it.

I just knocked out all 30 for Q1.

I know my score is totally meaningless since this is a Yoda-style "do or do not" kind of test, and everyone who does it gets credit, and I did it. But I can't help but microanalyze the results of every test I ever take.

The bad:

I was re-asked a question I'd answered correctly the first time. WTF?

I was re-asked a question I'd missed, and got it right the second time around. Yay? If I'm to be re-tested on a topic, how about a different question? $210 per ABA diplomate per year can't produce more than 30 unique questions per quarter?

There were 4 questions that were essentially identical in the concept tested. I won't give it away and spoil it, but it involved strategies to reduce a particular postop risk. I got that question right the first time, and the second time, and the third time, and the fourth time.

I feel a little ripped off that my $210 didn't even get me 30 different questions. Or better yet, a different question on a topic related to one I missed.

Three questions were answered correctly by 97%, 99%, and 99% of takers. Questions like this are filler. Honestly, ABA, what the hell? You had one job. Come up with 30 whole questions by January 1st, 2016 and 10% of them were filler.

Most of the questions were too straightforward to be interesting. The basic problem though is that you need more than 60 seconds to read, digest, think about, and answer an interesting question. I don't know how MOCA Minute gets past that problem.

When I did practice questions from ACE or Hall, I missed plenty, but never disagreed with the provided answer and explanation, and I never thought the answers were unclear or ambiguous. I missed two questions where I thought my answer was better than the one provided.

The good:

There were 3 or 4 questions that I thought were really very good ones. Relevant topics, good scenarios, good choices, good explanations.

It was convenient. The web site worked. I'm incrementally closer to recertification this cycle, and I didn't have to waste a day at a test center.

Answers were well referenced.

I still like the idea. I think they could use some better (harder and longer) questions, with longer time limits. But I still think the overall idea is sound.

It was sort of interesting to see what % of other people missed the same questions I did. Average of the peer performance for those 30 questions was 76.1%. Some questions were clearly outliers (97%, 99%, 99%, 44%, 53%) but most questions were answered correctly by about 65-85% of people.

I finished at exactly 80% but I can't say I'm either proud or embarrassed by that.

Reactions: 1 user
80% here, too. About 3 questions were repeated, 2 of them previously answered correctly.

By the end of 2016, we will display your MOCA Minute™ performance against the ABA standard, which the Board will establish once it has sufficient data.

So, what will passing be? 60% ? Why is "Moca Minute" better than just doing the ASA ACE review once per year? ACE reinforces the basic concepts, provides CME and costs close the MOCA Minute fee.

All ABA members could buy the ACE review material, study it then take a practice exam. The ABA then administers the real exam which is identical to the practice exam on their web site.

ABA members get a good review and the ABA has a way to asses its membership.

ACE established anesthesiology concepts - ASA Best-Seller!

This self-assessment program tests your knowledge of the fundamentals in anesthesia, including subspecialty content tailored to the generalist. The ACE program will keep you current with clinical and professional guidelines, as well as help in meeting your commitment to lifelong learning. ACE is a great learning resource for physician anesthesiologists, anesthesiology residents, researchers and other health care professionals. Earn up to 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue - up to 60 CME credits per year on current issues.

Members pay as little as $6 per credit when completing the program!

This activity helps fulfill the CME requirement for Part II of the ABA’s Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology program (MOCA). Please consult the ABA website, for a full list of MOCA requirements.

Since I don't plan on another cycle of MOCA, I will do ACE and SEE instead. I truly feel for you guys with this MOCA B.S. having been through a full cycle (voluntarily); but, I won't be subjecting myself to another round of this crap. I don't think it adds anything to the process and I would change it to the following:

1. CME requirements in the specialty
2. Annual test based on the ACE review
3. One online Simulation review class every cycle
4. Attestation in good standing

I'm glad to have "lifetime certification" as this MOCA was a money/time waster.

By the end of 2016, we will display your MOCA Minute performance against the ABA standard, which the Board will establish once it has sufficient data.

So, what will passing be? 60% ? Why is "Moca Minute" better than just doing the ASA ACE review once per year? ACE reinforces the basic concepts, provides CME and costs close the MOCA Minute fee.

All ABA members could buy the ACE review material, study it then take a practice exam. The ABA then administers the real exam which is identical to the practice exam on their web site.

ABA members get a good review and the ABA has a way to asses its membership.
Don't be daft. That would make sense, and be useful. That's a non starter.
And some losers would still complain that they shouldn't have to buy the ASA materials, and that they're too expensive.
I spend more on a good bottle of single malt.
Unfortunately for me, I will have to do one more cycle of the nonsense. I'd drop the Anesthesia cert and only do the Peds moca if the requirements changed and no longer overlapped.

Members don't see this ad :)
By the end of 2016, we will display your MOCA Minute™ performance against the ABA standard, which the Board will establish once it has sufficient data.

I didn't think it was possible to "fail" the MOCA minute thing. How would they remediate / retest people who didn't make the cut at the end of a 10 year cycle? There's no single test to take ... or retake.

As I understood it, the whole point was to replace a single q10year pass/fail element with an ongoing process aimed at maintaining competency.

I didn't think it was possible to "fail" the MOCA minute thing. How would they remediate / retest people who didn't make the cut at the end of a 10 year cycle? There's no single test to take ... or retake.

As I understood it, the whole point was to replace a single q10year pass/fail element with an ongoing process aimed at maintaining competency.

Exactly. Pass initial boards, then stay active with weekly question followed by answer and explanation.

Exactly. Pass initial boards, then stay active with weekly question followed by answer and explanation.
And pay separately for CMEs, because studying to know the correct answers to those questions is not CME. ;)

13. How will the ABA set the standard for “passing” the MOCA Minute? The ABA expects the vast majority of diplomates to meet the standard, as they did in the original MOCA program. The Board will not revoke certificates for failure to meet the MOCA Minute standard; however, your certificate will not be renewed when it expires if you are not meeting the standard. If your MOCA Minute performance causes concern, the Board will work with you to develop a remediation plan to help you maintain your certificate. The ABA will conduct a standard setting later on in 2016 once it has enough data on the performance of the entire MOCA population. The Board will produce a short video in early 2016 to explain the standard-setting process.

http://www.theaba.org/PDFs/MOCA/MOCA-2-0-FAQs

13. How will the ABA set the standard for “passing” the MOCA Minute? The ABA expects the vast majority of diplomates to meet the standard, as they did in the original MOCA program. The Board will not revoke certificates for failure to meet the MOCA Minute standard; however, your certificate will not be renewed when it expires if you are not meeting the standard. If your MOCA Minute performance causes concern, the Board will work with you to develop a remediation plan to help you maintain your certificate. The ABA will conduct a standard setting later on in 2016 once it has enough data on the performance of the entire MOCA population. The Board will produce a short video in early 2016 to explain the standard-setting process.

http://www.theaba.org/PDFs/MOCA/MOCA-2-0-FAQs

What a bunch of BS...the goal of MOCA should be about education regarding new concepts and reinforcing basic concepts you proved you had a grasp of during the initial certification process, not punitive acts like threatening to not re-certify somebody...makes me want to reconsider the ABPS. They should just force people to read a discussion about their chosen answer and retake the test until that person hits a random pass rate like 80 or 90%...that might actually force the test taker to think about the topic further. After this many years of training these "board certifiers" need to stop acting so condescending.

What a bunch of BS...the goal of MOCA should be about education regarding new concepts and reinforcing basic concepts you proved you had a grasp of during the initial certification process, not punitive acts like threatening to not re-certify somebody...makes me want to reconsider the ABPS. They should just force people to read a discussion about their chosen answer and retake the test until that person hits a random pass rate like 80 or 90%...that might actually force the test taker to think about the topic further. After this many years of training these "board certifiers" need to stop acting so condescending.
Well, now that I've realized that their intent is to "fail" a certain number of people, I guess I'll take a more deliberate "gaming" approach to MOCA Minute.

It'll be interesting to see how the system evolves over the next year or two.

If my certificate doesn't expire until the 2020s, I'm still not sure what will happen if I just don't sign up for MOCA 2.0.

Because I have a good mind not to. I read the major journals every month. I stay on top of things. Shoot, I learn a ton just coming on this site. I don't need the ABA to tell me what activities do and don't count toward my right to continue practicing the good medicine I practice.

I don't need the ABA or its proprietary, extortionist products to make me a better doctor, because it and they can't do that. I would only pay them their extortion fee if it meant I couldn't keep my job otherwise.

As for the Part 4 homework projects that you have to ask your teacher - sorry, department head- to sign off on? What an insulting joke.

Nah. I'll keep my NBPAS certification. Until the ABA gets rid of part 4 and makes the MOCA minute an optional CME program open to everyone, I'm not buying what they're trying to sell.

NBPAS.org

Reactions: 2 users
If my certificate doesn't expire until the 2020s, I'm still not sure what will happen if I just don't sign up for MOCA 2.0.

Because I have a good mind not to. I read the major journals every month. I stay on top of things. Shoot, I learn a ton just coming on this site. I don't need the ABA to tell me what activities do and don't count toward my right to continue practicing the good medicine I practice.

I don't need the ABA or its proprietary, extortionist products to make me a better doctor, because it and they can't do that. I would only pay them their extortion fee if it meant I couldn't keep my job otherwise.

As for the Part 4 homework projects that you have to ask your teacher - sorry, department head- to sign off on? What an insulting joke.

Nah. I'll keep my NBPAS certification. Until the ABA gets rid of part 4 and makes the MOCA minute an optional CME program open to everyone, I'm not buying what they're trying to sell.

NBPAS.org

Nothing will happen if you don't sign up, and when it expires, it expires. I have completed every requirement for my 10 year cycle which ends Jan 1, 2018. So If I do nothing else I will still be certified until 2028. After that, let's see if anybody even notices that my certification has expired, if the world and the specialty still even exists.

Nothing will happen if you don't sign up, and when it expires, it expires. I have completed every requirement for my 10 year cycle which ends Jan 1, 2018. So If I do nothing else I will still be certified until 2028. After that, let's see if anybody even notices that my certification has expired, if the world and the specialty still even exists.
Many of us need board certification to get faculty appointments or privileges at hospitals. I'd notice when I stop getting paid.

Just did the second set of MOCA questions. Seemed a little more relevant for the most part than the questions that were asked in the 1st quarter. I think there were about 3-4 repeat question this time.

Does anybody else think we should at least get some CME out of this?

In the first 30 questions, I had about 8 repeats. In the second 30, I had about 6 repeat from that batch, and another 5 or so repeat from the first batch. I am getting these questions right, so it's not just asking me the questions I got wrong over and over again. How small is their question bank?

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

In the first 30 questions, I had about 8 repeats. In the second 30, I had about 6 repeat from that batch, and another 5 or so repeat from the first batch. I am getting these questions right, so it's not just asking me the questions I got wrong over and over again. How small is their question bank?

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

I live or die by every question, for misses I curse loudly enough to frighten my dogs. And yet I don't even know what, if anything it counts for.

The moca minute website has some issues.

I am on mobile safari in the operating room doing a couple of questions. Either cause hospital Internet is flaky. Or mobile safari. Either a combination.

But mobile website had to "refresh" while i was reading the question. Clearly I had 30 plus seconds left. Yet I got a couple of questions counted as incorrect even though I didn't even answer the question do to the refreshing.

Yeah yeah. I probably shouldn't have been multi tasking texting on iPhone while doing trying to do moca minute. But it's the 6S plus with 2gb ram. So the mobile "refreshing" of pages doesn't happen as much as the older 1gb ram iPhones.

But it's definitely a repeatable problem with the moca minute n

I'll stick to using a desktop with stable internet next time.

The moca minute website has some issues.

I am on mobile safari in the operating room doing a couple of questions. Either cause hospital Internet is flaky. Or mobile safari. Either a combination.

But mobile website had to "refresh" while i was reading the question. Clearly I had 30 plus seconds left. Yet I got a couple of questions counted as incorrect even though I didn't even answer the question do to the refreshing.

Yeah yeah. I probably shouldn't have been multi tasking texting on iPhone while doing trying to do moca minute. But it's the 6S plus with 2gb ram. So the mobile "refreshing" of pages doesn't happen as much as the older 1gb ram iPhones.

But it's definitely a repeatable problem with the moca minute n

I'll stick to using a desktop with stable internet next time.

I had the same thing happen with a bunch of questions being marked unanswered/wrong. Should be able to make up for it over the next 5 years but it sucks to start out in the hole.

Just did the second set of MOCA questions. Seemed a little more relevant for the most part than the questions that were asked in the 1st quarter. I think there were about 3-4 repeat question this time.

Does anybody else think we should at least get some CME out of this?

Yes. That's why the ABA should use the ACE questions each year. You study up on the ACE questions and learn the material. You get CME. Then, you take the annual MOCA exam based on those ACE questions. It's a win-win.

The concept behind MOCA is to make sure you are keeping up or competent in knowledge without punishing the BOARD CERTIFIED Physician.

Yes. That's why the ABA should use the ACE questions each year. You study up on the ACE questions and learn the material. You get CME. Then, you take the annual MOCA exam based on those ACE questions. It's a win-win.

The concept behind MOCA is to make sure you are keeping up or competent in knowledge without punishing the BOARD CERTIFIED Physician.
Issue is either pay $1000-1100 to become ASA/state ASA member plus $300 or so for AcE.

Or non ASA member pays $800? For ACE.

U gonna to be spending money either way with ACE questions.

Issue is either pay $1000-1100 to become ASA/state ASA member plus $300 or so for AcE.

Or non ASA member pays $800? For ACE.

U gonna to be spending money either way with ACE questions.

For a small % of Board Certified Anesthesiologists Moca 2.0 is headache that will result in "failing" the MOCA minute portion of the ABA requirement. This could result in loss of Board Certification. That's why the ACE questions are a better idea for the MOCA 2.0 concept. the ABA should take the stress out of MOCA 2.0 as much as possible IMHO. The point of MOCA 2.0 is education not punishment.

Honestly, I preferred the exam to the MOCA minute questions. The ABA can fix this mess by utilizing the ACE questions from the ASA. The "exam" now becomes about education and can be reviewed/studied for at your convenience.

For a small % of Board Certified Anesthesiologists Moca 2.0 is headache that will result in "failing" the MOCA minute portion of the ABA requirement. This could result in loss of Board Certification. That's why the ACE questions are a better idea for the MOCA 2.0 concept. the ABA should take the stress out of MOCA 2.0 as much as possible IMHO. The point of MOCA 2.0 is education not punishment.

Honestly, I preferred the exam to the MOCA minute questions. The ABA can fix this mess by utilizing the ACE questions from the ASA. The "exam" now becomes about education and can be reviewed/studied for at your convenience.
Doubt anyone will lose certification.

Remember we never truly had a situation where anyone (that I know of) who became board certified in 2000 or later who has lost their certification. Of those who attempted to take the 200 question exam. The passing rate was 88%? And it was even a more ridiculous 97% at the beginning because the ABA let those taking the exam circa 2008-2010 essentially cross of 50 questions they didn't know.

And even if u failed the moca written exam u just take the exam 6 months later.

And the ABA kept changing the moca program. I really don't know how many times u can keep taking it? 10-12 times? Since many were eligible at year 7-8 of their 10'year cycle.

So right now u have a situation where anyone who was boarded from 2000-2002(3) essentially got to take an easier test cause they got to cross of 50
Questions.

Than you have my cohort (2004-2005 boarded years). Even if my cohort had their cycle expire do to not passing the exam. They still had up to 3 years after their cycle ended to pass it to keep their certification

So ever someone who's certificate expired in December 31 2014 who failed the exam and didn't get recertified. Since 3 years haven't been up and the ABA doesn't offer the exam anymore. What's the ABA going to do with those people? Cause moca 2.0 started already.

It was total BS last quarter, it's still total BS this quarter, and I'm not doing it next year.

The whole thing is a joke. And they're know we're all such a bunch of sheep/lemmings that we'll bend over and do it, and pay our annual $210 to the ABA so they can pimp out their new testing center so they can fleece the next generation of anesthesiologists even more.

We're not goddamn children that need the all-knowing ABA to guide our lost, hopeless, useless souls to the promised land of anesthesia nirvana. We're expert, consultant anesthesthesiologists who have demonstrated our competency already and prove it every day all day in the operating room.

F that and F them. I'm done with it.

Reactions: 1 users
It was total BS last quarter, it's still total BS this quarter, and I'm not doing it next year.

The whole thing is a joke. And they're know we're all such a bunch of sheep/lemmings that we'll bend over and do it, and pay our annual $210 to the ABA so they can pimp out their new testing center so they can fleece the next generation of anesthesiologists even more.

We're not goddamn children that need the all-knowing ABA to guide our lost, hopeless, useless souls to the promised land of anesthesia nirvana. We're expert, consultant anesthesthesiologists who have demonstrated our competency already and prove it every day all day in the operating room.

F that and F them. I'm done with it.

I like them asking you to quantify your practice setting. This was supposed to gear your moca questions. I put 100% pain and got 0% pain questions

I like them asking you to quantify your practice setting. This was supposed to gear your moca questions. I put 100% pain and got 0% pain questions
From their FAQ section:
MOCA Minute: Beginning in 2017, a larger proportion of your MOCA Minute questions will be subspecialty related, based on what you report in your practice profile. If you are also maintaining your primary certification and are already participating in MOCA Minute, you will continue to do so to maintain both certificates.

From their FAQ section:
MOCA Minute: Beginning in 2017, a larger proportion of your MOCA Minute questions will be subspecialty related, based on what you report in your practice profile. If you are also maintaining your primary certification and are already participating in MOCA Minute, you will continue to do so to maintain both certificates.

Thanks

So ever someone who's certificate expired in December 31 2014 who failed the exam and didn't get recertified. Since 3 years haven't been up and the ABA doesn't offer the exam anymore. What's the ABA going to do with those people? Cause moca 2.0 started already.
Those who failed the written exam have to retake the written exam. They still administer it. Im not 100 percent sure but i think the aba told me that or i read that in the faq section of the website somewhere. The whole fuc king thing is so convoluted and complicated and fuc king useless that I cant keep up. But yea i think if they failed the exam the y must keep taking it even with the advent of MOca 2.0

Just did the 30 questions for quarter 2. What a joke. Most were questions I'd seen before. I think I missed 3 this time around.

Next quarter will be the third time seeing the question bank, so I won't miss any.

It's really pathetic that after all the fuss over the new MOCA minute system, they can't even manage to pump out 60 reasonable questions for the first HALF YEAR.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It's really pathetic that after all the fuss over the new MOCA minute system, they can't even manage to pump out 60 reasonable questions for the first HALF YEAR.

Just did the 30 questions for quarter 2. What a joke. Most were questions I'd seen before. I think I missed 3 this time around.

Next quarter will be the third time seeing the question bank, so I won't miss any.

So you guys want the questions to be harder so more people would fail??? Isn't that a bit childish???

So you guys want the questions to be harder so more people would fail??? Isn't that a bit childish???

Not necessarily harder, just BETTER. Also, having multiple repeats of questions answered correctly is a stupid waste of time.

Dude, what's wrong with you?

I want it to be a useful CME activity worth the $210/year they're charging for it. I don't want to see the same 20 questions over and over.

No ones going to "fail" this thing. They talk about setting a standard when they have more data, but what'll happen if someone doesn't meet that standard is that they'll just need to do more. It's not like they're going to get recycled through the written and oral exams again.

This whole thing is pointless and toothless and I'm disgusted with it. It was implemented with a lazy apathy and incompetence that fills me with rage.

I want it to be a useful CME activity worth the $210/year they're charging for it. I don't want to see the same 20 questions over and over.

No ones going to "fail" this thing. They talk about setting a standard when they have more data, but what'll happen if someone doesn't meet that standard is that they'll just need to do more. It's not like they're going to get recycled through the written and oral exams again.

This whole thing is pointless and toothless and I'm disgusted with it. It was implemented with a lazy apathy and incompetence that fills me with rage.
Dude... nothing is wrong with me but I find your naivety funny and occasionally irritating!
Did you really ever think that these recertification processes were really intended to serve any purpose other than justifying taking your money by the ABA???
That was and will always be the case regardless of the name or the format , and for you to want it to be tougher or more exciting is just naïve!
If you want to be up to date and stay on top of your profession you have to do it on your own, the ABA recertification is not going to help you!

Dude... nothing is wrong with me but I find your naivety funny and occasionally irritating!

So which is it, am I naive or, as you first accused me, childishly petty hoping others would fail?

Did you really ever think that these recertification processes were really intended to serve any purpose other than justifying taking your money by the ABA???
That was and will always be the case regardless of the name or the format , and for you to want it to be tougher or more exciting is just naïve!
If you want to be up to date and stay on top of your profession you have to do it on your own, the ABA recertification is not going to help you!
Of course the ABA is, to some extent, a great big self-licking ice cream cone that does things to guarantee its own survival and expansion. That's what organizations do.

Yet most lasting organizations can do that AND provide something useful. If I offered our dozen or so residents a week off they could produce 60 MOCA Minute questions far superior to the 25 or 30 we're seeing over and over again. I could personally build a test web site with far superior algorithms for question selection and tracking in an afternoon. Well, maybe a weekend, something always comes up.

The hell of it is that the ASA does produce some really good materials. The ACE questions are excellent. How is it that MOCA Minute turned out to be such garbage?

So much potential to make MOCA Minute something useful. Could've been so much better than the q10year written exam. And they totally phoned it in and ****ed it up. It's not just disappointing, it's insulting.

So which is it, am I naive or, as you first accused me, childishly petty hoping others would fail?

Of course the ABA is, to some extent, a great big self-licking ice cream cone that does things to guarantee its own survival and expansion. That's what organizations do.

Yet most lasting organizations can do that AND provide something useful. If I offered our dozen or so residents a week off they could produce 60 MOCA Minute questions far superior to the 25 or 30 we're seeing over and over again. I could personally build a test web site with far superior algorithms for question selection and tracking in an afternoon. Well, maybe a weekend, something always comes up.

The hell of it is that the ASA does produce some really good materials. The ACE questions are excellent. How is it that MOCA Minute turned out to be such garbage?

So much potential to make MOCA Minute something useful. Could've been so much better than the q10year written exam. And they totally phoned it in and ****ed it up. It's not just disappointing, it's insulting.
Man, the ABA and all the other boards are simply certifying agencies, pretty much like the joint commission!
Do you think that any of the Joint commission's policies or mandates ever serve any useful purpose other than keeping the money coming from the hospitals that want to remain certified???
The same exact thing applies to the specialty boards, they take money from physicians to give them a certificate! They don't educate or improve, they collect money for protection just like the mafia!
Would you expect the mafia to play an educational role?

Would you expect the mafia to play an educational role?

Well, I'd expect competence from the mafia.

If the ABA was the mafia, they'd collect your debt on time and break your legs anyway.

Sorry, I'm just grouchy about 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :)

Well, I'd expect competence from the mafia.

If the ABA was the mafia, they'd collect your debt on time and break your legs anyway.

Sorry, I'm just grouchy about 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :)
I hear you, and I agree if the mafia was actually running this business they would have probably done a better job!

The ABA needs to use the ASA CME questions from ACE or SEE each year. You get CME for the ACE or SEE then the "test" is the ABA MOCA minute. Its a "win-win."