Moca

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIS40

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
antone have any suggestions of study material for Moca exam?
Thoughts on Jensen Moca or any other books/courses?
Thank you- deciding how to tackle this beast ( a Jensinism)

Members don't see this ad.

The pass machine has a lecture series you can watch online. I used it for the peds board exam. That and some ASA questions and you should be fine. You would probably be fine with zero prep, but my peds only practice creates a fear of deficits.

I wouldn't spend money on a prep course. Most people don't need to study. If you must, I recommend reading the Barash handbook.

Members don't see this ad :)
The ACE questions are the same format as the MOCA exam, and there were even some of the same questions. I used 3 years worth of ACE questions and another question book with 1000 questions, by Hall and Chantigian. The Hall book had 5 answers instead of 4, and the questions were harder than the actual exam. If you can do those questions, you should have no trouble passing.

Abstain. MOCA is a money-making scheme for the ABA, without any evidence of benefit to physicians or patients.

Visit changeboardrecert.com and become part of the solution.

Reactions: 1 users
where does one get ACE questions. I am 9 years out, and do pain full time, but think i a oughta re-cert in the event i ever go back to anesthesia or at least a combo...

thanks