Moms & study partner part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted615732

Hi there!
Are there any moms out there who work full time and are also preparing for part 1 ? I'm looking for a study partner if anyone is interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a mom:happy: and I was hoping to take the part 1 in July/Aug 2014, but things are'nt moving to my satisfaction ! :bang:
I'm keepin at it anyway, doing micro now...I'm in India btw, where are u?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!:)
I'm in the US. I plan to take the exam at the end of the year. When you plan to take it if July/aug doesn't work?
How many kids do you have?
I'm still doing Anatomy.

i want to know,When you plan to take it if July/aug doesn't work? How many kids do you have?thanks
6WrS

Hi! Im thinking maybe sept/oct now:(. I have a lil girl turning 2 in aug. You?
I started with anat but it wasnt moving so I moved to patho n dental anat:) to keep me goin.
We could work somethin out if u're interested.

I'm a mom to be and want to study, I live in Miami , do u think being a mom will make it difficult to be a dentist here in the USA??

Not to be a dentist,but to become a dentist. To be a mom is really fun and the best that can happen to you. On the other hand it's really time consuming and sometimes hard to study. I'll try to study at night, but after a workday and the kids , sometimes I'm just to tired to study. Then I'll leave it,because I doesn't make sense for me to study when I'm to tired.
I think everybody can reach her/his goal. It only depends on the time we need to get there.

Not to be a dentist,but to become a dentist. To be a mom is really fun and the best that can happen to you. On the other hand it's really time consuming and sometimes hard to study. I'll try to study at night, but after a workday and the kids , sometimes I'm just to tired to study. Then I'll leave it,because I doesn't make sense for me to study when I'm to tired.
I think everybody can reach her/his goal. It only depends on the time we need to get there.

Thnx Schanner , I'm just a little worried, I just did my nbde part1 in April but didn't pass and feel a little bummed :( :( :( and i just really want to pass it but hey you are right we can all achieve our goals :) have to stay +++ if you need a study partner I'm here :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,I am mum as well and thinking of doing National boards...i have not started yet but getting my bearing around the exams..For anatomy are you reading only decks or other books as well???

Hi Moms!
I'm back. I had family here over the summer and then I got lazy.......:( I forgot everything I read before my family came.
I started again 3 weeks ago. My goal is to take the exam in December, but I feel I'm to slow, because of my 2 kids and my job. I barely have 2 hrs a day. I read, but can't memorize anything. Need some positive feedback!!!:)
Thaaaaaankssssss

Hi Moms!
I'm back. I had family here over the summer and then I got lazy.......:( I forgot everything I read before my family came.
I started again 3 weeks ago. My goal is to take the exam in December, but I feel I'm to slow, because of my 2 kids and my job. I barely have 2 hrs a day. I read, but can't memorize anything. Need some positive feedback!!!:)
Thaaaaaankssssss

Hi Schaneer and other moms out there.
So glad to find this thread!! I'm a mom myself, single mom and working and add to it a little old ..sometimes I feel tthat I'm to old to even think about doing this.I never really started studying or preparing for the boards therefore I don't know how to start, but I have gathered lots of Material, I just don't know how to start.
So, mainly , i would like to encourage you to go back to to your study track and not loose hope, I'admire that you already have system.
I'm in massachusttes, where are you?
Pazdent

Hi!
Please don't feel old :) I'll be 36 next week. So, I'm on the older side, too ;) How old are you? I'll try to study every night after the kids go to bed. After 2 hrs I'll get tired.:sleep:
I set me a goal every day. After I reached it I'll go to sleep. Whenever I get a minute, I'll go trough dental board mastery. That's an app. It's really helpful for me.
Don't think about where and how to start. Just take the Dental Decks and start somewhere. Just read. Choose a
topic what are you interested in and that'll help. I'm in Maryand.
Have a good day!

Thanks so much! l'll check that app and grab the decks! I'm much older than you! keep up the good work, you are far ahead!

Hi everyone! I'm 42 , I have 2 boys ( 11 y and 7 months) and I work full time.I just started studying but It's very difficult!!!! I can't memorize anything!!!!!!!!!!! I'm planning to take part 1 in Dec/Jan. Hopefully I'll be ready. I'm in Chicago.
Good Luck to us MOMS

Welcome Teguy! Nice to hear, that we are in the same boat. I know how difficult it is. Like now, my family is already in bed and Im sitting here and study. But we only have to do this for a couple of month and then it's over. So, I can do it. And , I'll do all that for my family, too. I can't memorize either and because of that I concentrate on every sentence and I'll read everything slowly. All the things I need to memorize I'll learn a couple of days before the test date. I always did that.
What are you working as?

I'm working as a surgical assistant( with an oral surgeon)