Monaco prescription hang bags

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maria1oh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen at Rite Aid, Walmart, and Kroger pharmacy that they use monaco prescription hang bags instead of bagging the prescriptions and using waiting bins like cvs.
Anyone have experience with the two different types of waiting bin systems? Which one do you prefer?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Haven't worked with Monaco bags but I think it is a superior system. If the bags are clear and checked before final sale it will be very difficult to commit any errors, assuming there is commitment to spending time. Just have to be a little more discreet so people don't violate HIPAA

Hang up bags do save on time to retrieve. Any possibility of error depends on the checkout procedure and how it was bagged. And how many times do you have to deal with an illiterate tech at cvs who doesn't know the alphabet when putting stuff away

At cvs you do accuracy scan at verification so there is no reason to mis-bag if you work one basket at a time. At walmart the "accuracy scan" occurs at a distinct bagging queue. The only way you screw up in either approach is if you're distracted.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've used both. I prefer the hang bag system. the waiting bin setup at CVS leads to alot of digging and tearing off labels. The Walmart system uses numbering instead of alphabet, so it's easier to keep in order.

Walmart is super easy with bags. They're numbered and colored which makes things easy as hells bells to find.

Reactions: 1 user