Moonlighting opportunities in CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bomerate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I know this topic has been discussed in the past. Was wondering if any one had any infomation on how to find moonlighting opportunities in California. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You're about to start PGY-4 at your residency, right? You should have the best luck finding moonlighting opportunities through your program, no? I know at our place, the local spots that have moonlighting opportunities for residents are known and distributed among the residents. Have you asked your colleagues?

Also, since 90% of California will be outside of your commuting range, you might get a nugget of something if you specify a particular city/locale.

Notdeadyet
Yes I am about to start PGY4 but in Nevada not california thats why I am not aware of any moonlighting gigs. Any info or conatcts will be highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your post still seems vague.

Are you actually licensed in california? Do you have your own malpractice? Are you planning to drive or fly? How often are you talking about, and what is a reasonable fee for you?

After you figure out all that, you should be able to narrow the region (san diego, LA, more rural). Then contact recruiters, use online databases (locum tenens, APA, etc). Most of us in practice are not going to just advertise opportunities we know about to anonymous others from out of state who ask frankly vague questions, revealing they don't really know what they're looking for. I'm going to pass on info I have to people I know and that I trust, similar to making a referral. If I know the people at a clinic and I refer them someone I'm somewhat trading on my own name. And Narrow your consult question, y'know?

Still would be really helpful to know what area of CA you're planning on trying to find moonlighting. Are you looking for things near the NV border? North or South? Will you be in some part of CA on weekends, so can moonlight there?
Not looking to snoop into your life. Just that CA is so large that opportunities vary wildly. For instance, moonlighting in San Francisco area is not really generally accessible to people in Las Vegas, unless you are willing/able to fly to SF for the weekend.

Nitemagi
I am licensed in california and sorry that my response is vague. I am new to this like others and being rude is not the best way to respond. You dont have to refer me to anyone, the online resources you listed are good enough. I appreciate your contribution

Kugel
Sorry that my question is vague. I am new to this moonlighting stuff. Northern california and Bay area will work for me. I will be driving or fly as needed. These areas are not far from where I am; Northern Nevada. I am willing to work weekends. Thanks