more negativity towards CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does your district trim tech hours down to theres none left? ppl drop off scripts at our pharmacy and come back one day later and its not ready. they keep cutting down tech hours until we're at a point where we are 1 day behind on prescription filling. even with 1 day behind, they don't allow us to use more tech hours to clean the mess. how do they expect sales to increase this way? can we really sell script and make profit by keeping it in "print ready" mode? ........ as if thats not bad enough. our long time customers keep coming back. they know the place is terrible, but they enjoy the long lines so much they keep coming back. if u go somewhere and they have poor service, do u keep coming back? wtf is wrong with them?

Members don't see this ad.

Not to mention they keep lowering our TIL so we never have anything in stock... wasting even more time doing partials/calling patient/ordering/completing fills.

Last edited:
It's no secret that people enjoy being treated like trash. That's why people choose the 10 car deep drive thru at Walgreens over the independent. That's why people choose the walmart who discriminates against their religion instead of the other pharmacies who would love their business.

I should approach my DOP about tazing anyone who walks through the door of our outpatient pharmacy so we can gain lifelong customers!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Since you're not busy, can you ring up these carts of groceries?

Reactions: 7 users
I remember the days when our pharmacy used to run like a well oiled machine. Everything got done in a timely manner no matter how busy we were. Nowadays we're lucky to get the waiters done in under a half hour.

I'm just gonna take a moment to thank the good Lord that I'm not in your district...

My life has only gotten way better, way better than I ever imagined, after leaving CVS.

When I was at CVS, I was a skinny little prick who thought I was healthy. Fast forward 7 months, and here I am a healthy weight, a healthy look physically, and a healthy mind. It was the best decision I ever made in my working, professional life.

My life has only gotten way better, way better than I ever imagined, after leaving CVS.

When I was at CVS, I was a skinny little prick who thought I was healthy. Fast forward 7 months, and here I am a healthy weight, a healthy look physically, and a healthy mind. It was the best decision I ever made in my working, professional life.

Couldn't be happier for you......

Have you sold your evil CVS stocks yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Have you sold your evil CVS stocks yet?

No, I have kept it so far. It still hovers around the same amount, ~$100,000. I do think about selling it, because right now is a great time to sell it and buy everything else that is uncharacteristically low.

Yo, F*** CVS lol

Really i thought it was the same everywhere. My district is as bad as the op

No, it depends on your RX Supervisor and DM. Without their support, we could not perform the way we have in out district. Others are not so lucky....

Members don't see this ad :)
Really i thought it was the same everywhere. My district is as bad as the op
I thought that too last year. My district's gotten a lot better since we changed DMs. We actually get staffed relatively well. Still crazy some days, but I don't dread work any more.

No, it depends on your RX Supervisor and DM. Without their support, we could not perform the way we have in out district. Others are not so lucky....
Does it also depend on the Rm? Our new rm is microminaging everything. Our rx supervisor acts as he has no control. He said he is held accountable if we go over by even one hour. It is a mess. So many Pic are left. There is a store in my district where a whole staff left.

Why would a PIC actually care about increasing sales given the bonus structure? Just don't have your store last in your district on anything that is a focus of the sup.

Is this one of you guys?

DSC_0201b.jpg

Why would a PIC actually care about increasing sales given the bonus structure? Just don't have your store last in your district on anything that is a focus of the sup.
Because I liked the $7500.00 bonus I got last year....

I almost made $7,500 last year as a tech.

Because I liked the $7500.00 bonus I got last year....

That is about $5000 after taxes. Assuming you work full time, that is $19 a day. That is not even enough for a nice dinner.

I am pretty sure working for CVS will take at least 5 years out on your life. So think twice when you brag about how they are paying you.

You only have to work 1 extra 10 hour shift a month to make an extra $7,200 at $60/hr being staff and a fraction of the responsibility of PIC. The only responsibility is showing up.

Last edited:
That is about $5000 after taxes. Assuming you work full time, that is $19 a day. That is not even enough for a nice dinner.

I am pretty sure working for CVS will take at least 5 years out on your life. So think twice when you brag about how they are paying you.

It's still $5,000.00 plus the pay is more so it's more than that. Also, I'll take a nice dinner EVERY DAY, 5 days a week.

You only have to work 1 extra 10 hour shift a month to make an extra $7,200 at $60/hr being staff and a fraction of the responsibility of PIC. The only responsibility is showing up.

I can still pick up extra shifts and get your $7200.00 gross and my $7500.00 gross+the extra pay for being a PIC + the 5K I made on the stock options I cashed in so pretty soon you are talking about real money. The PIC part is almost 20k this year.

I think CVS has definitely compensated PICs more over the last few years in terms of raises and bonus structure... I know that my raises are a bigger percentage wise than my staff. I understand that I can pick up shifts and make up for the stress..., but I have the option of picking up shifts and still get the extra PIC compensation.

I will easily hit 200k this year. I already made over 65k toward ends of April with minimal OT..

But in terms of staffing, a lot of it depends on how good your RM, DM, RXSUP, and pharmacy manager is. I play my part by hiring good people, making sure that we are staffed properly, and optimized. I give my staff pharmacists discretions if they need to use a few hours here and there (Easily made up by sick calls). My pharmacy is fine even if I am short a person because I have very good people working for me. They can clear out 6 pages of QP in 30 minutes if I leave them alone... (my store does 4-4.5k rx so we have a script pro).

But you are right, there are some days where I want to kill myself. Last week for example, my phones were down. I had 30-40 QT every hour for the last few hours... half of them were duplicate fills but doctor wants to make sure the patient has refills on it. I had lines that were non stop... and it was my partner, I, and three techs. Every customer wanted me to call the insurance even though I already know what the answer would be..., doctors wanted to call in a million scripts, the OV order was due in 30 minutes, etc so I had to stay behind 1-2 hours to help out. Then there are other days where I play Clash of Clan all day while my techs take good care of me.

Staffing sucks at CVS this year. And it definitely depends on your regional manager and field management b/c they determine the budget/hours.

MySchedule does NOT give you hours based on demand. I've spoken with MySchedule directly that these demand hours are basically hours budgeted by the field management.

So that BS crap about MySchedule infuriates me how it schedules to how the store is doing and how busy it is.

Staffing is literally the only thing that pisses me off about CVS. Past 2 months, I've been operating at 13-14 scripts per tech hour.

The pay is great, and CVS does pay good PICs well. I can easily make $220-230k this year (on like 32-35 hours a week), but I rather give some of those back in return for more tech hours.

It's still $5,000.00 plus the pay is more so it's more than that. Also, I'll take a nice dinner EVERY DAY, 5 days a week.

I can still pick up extra shifts and get your $7200.00 gross and my $7500.00 gross+the extra pay for being a PIC + the 5K I made on the stock options I cashed in so pretty soon you are talking about real money. The PIC part is almost 20k this year.
Just as my Gran Pappy always said:
"You shake hands with the devil and he'll shake your privates into the fires of hell."

Just as my Gran Pappy always said:
"You shake hands with the devil and he'll shake your privates into the fires of hell."
Was your gran pappy on Aricept?

Every boss sucks and CVS is no different. The difference is who your direct superiors are. My DM and supe are top notch. I can reach them on my cell phone any time and they support me to the best of their abilities. The district next to mine has a supe with 50 pharmacist write ups. My boss has zero. If something is not right at your store and you can't fix it, you will get moved, not written up.

Corporate is out of their mind right now and decisions are being made by MBA's who wouldn't know the difference between a spatula and a suppository.
They are reacting to the fact they have destroyed their institutional memory. It used to be CVS was the preferred employer and you had employees that were CVS born and raised. They understood the culture and polices inside and out. They almost never hired anything but their own interns. Now they are not the preferred employer and they are trying to run things from the top down with total corporate control as nobody knows the CVS way of doing things.
\
It's a shadow of the company I started with 14 years ago. IF i were on the neighboring district, I would agree with you. But for me CVS is OK and they pay better than anyone. It could change in a week.

Every boss sucks and CVS is no different. The difference is who your direct superiors are. My DM and supe are top notch. I can reach them on my cell phone any time and they support me to the best of their abilities. The district next to mine has a supe with 50 pharmacist write ups. My boss has zero. If something is not right at your store and you can't fix it, you will get moved, not written up.

Corporate is out of their mind right now and decisions are being made by MBA's who wouldn't know the difference between a spatula and a suppository.
They are reacting to the fact they have destroyed their institutional memory. It used to be CVS was the preferred employer and you had employees that were CVS born and raised. They understood the culture and polices inside and out. They almost never hired anything but their own interns. Now they are not the preferred employer and they are trying to run things from the top down with total corporate control as nobody knows the CVS way of doing things.
\
It's a shadow of the company I started with 14 years ago. IF i were on the neighboring district, I would agree with you. But for me CVS is OK and they pay better than anyone. It could change in a week.
Actually i really admire anyone who can handle that pressure cooker for that long. You are set apart of the crowd in my opinion.

I don't however respect you having silly opinions (I recall you rambling stupidly about contraception) as well as disrespecting my fake Gran Pappy.

So you may have been a demon helping the Devil build His domain. But the Devil will soon turn upon the and SMITE YOU WITH EVERLASTING AND ALMIGHTY HELL FIRE!!!!

IN THE NAME OF INDEPENDENT PHARMACY I CAST THY OUT!

Last edited:

\

Very well put.

The tear downs on local level happen so quickly, and it takes much longer to recover and rebuild.

\

DMs come and go. It is just a matter of time before your DM leaves. The word is Merlo didn't get to the top by being a nice guy. He was a hatchet man from what I hear.

Staffing sucks at CVS this year. And it definitely depends on your regional manager and field management b/c they determine the budget/hours.

MySchedule does NOT give you hours based on demand. I've spoken with MySchedule directly that these demand hours are basically hours budgeted by the field management.

So that BS crap about MySchedule infuriates me how it schedules to how the store is doing and how busy it is.

So I was brainwashed to believe at re-education camp (annual leadership meeting) that MySchedule hours are independent of field management interference ("your demand hours will eventually be recalculated based on increased script volume" etc. etc.). Well, I still have 300+ hours for 2600-2700 sold scripts (65-70% new scripts on weekdays) so it could be worse.

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking retail pharmacy used to be good. It's always been rotten to the core. And only now is the rotten core finally showing after the years have eroded the shiny exterior away.

So I was brainwashed to believe at re-education camp (annual leadership meeting) that MySchedule hours are independent of field management interference ("your demand hours will eventually be recalculated based on increased script volume" etc. etc.). Well, I still have 300+ hours for 2600-2700 sold scripts (65-70% new scripts on weekdays) so it could be worse.

Yes. I emailed MySchedule personally to question my demand and that's what they specifically stated.

Well your case is a great one. I'm sure you can afford to give some of those hours away to stores who truly need it.

\

+1. Amen.

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking retail pharmacy used to be good. It's always been rotten to the core. And only now is the rotten core finally showing after the years have eroded the shiny exterior away.

I have been doing retail since 1982. Long Term Care, Independent retail and chain retail. It's never been rotten to the core. How long have you been a pharmacist, 15 minutes?

Well, I still have 300+ hours for 2600-2700 sold scripts (65-70% new scripts on weekdays) so it could be worse.

yes it could be worse. we have 3,300 scripts a week, and allotted 260 tech hours. we have a lot more scripts and a lot less hours. the fastest tech we have (super fast actually) is pregnant. there's this one guy who's been around for half a year and still doesn't know how to do PRODUCTION.

I have been doing retail since 1982. Long Term Care, Independent retail and chain retail. It's never been rotten to the core. How long have you been a pharmacist, 15 minutes?

I'm a high school student in the first year of my 0-6 program. Back off my grill, bub.

I'm a high school student in the first year of my 0-6 program. Back off my grill, bub.

Back of your Grill? You're not old enough to have a grill. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. If you are a high school graduate you have no standing to make the statement:

I have already forgotten more about pharmacy than you will ever know. So, sit down, pay attention in school and come back when actually know something.....

yes it could be worse. we have 3,300 scripts a week, and allotted 260 tech hours. we have a lot more scripts and a lot less hours. the fastest tech we have (super fast actually) is pregnant. there's this one guy who's been around for half a year and still doesn't know how to do PRODUCTION.

24-hour stores with ScriptPro generally have a higher script to tech hour ratio than the non-24 hour stores (at least in my district) because 1) ScriptPro and 2) overnight RPh hours take away from the overall demand hours. The 24-hour store where I used to work (currently selling ~3,300 a week) has the same issue and there is no drive-thru.

Back of your Grill? You're not old enough to have a grill. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. If you are a high school graduate you have no standing to make the statement:

I have already forgotten more about pharmacy than you will ever know. So, sit down, pay attention in school and come back when actually know something.....

You really are an old fart, aren't you? Anyone younger than 75 should have been able to pick up on my blatant exaggerated trolling.

Quit taking me seriously and go take your daily Aricept dose.

You do use some dank meemees, though bruh.

Opinions are like a-holes, and I'v learned that you like to spew yours and the contents of it all over these forums.

You literally respond to another person's post telling them they are wrong, and then repeat everything that they have already said proving them right; this thread being a great example.

"CVS is a shadow of the company it once was, corporate is evil, but I personally happen to have a great DM so everything negative you say about CVS is invalid and btw I got a bonus"

See how stupid you look?

Last edited:
Opinions are like a-holes, and I'v learned that you like to spew yours and the contents of it all over these forums.

You literally respond to another person's post telling them they are wrong, and then repeat everything that they have already said proving them right; this thread being a great example.

"CVS is a shadow of the company it once was, corporate is evil, but I personally happen to have a great DM so everything negative you say about CVS is invalid and btw I got a bonus"

See how stupid you look?
Once again, your reading comprehension fails you. He said retail was always bad and it was not as I pointed out. I also pointed out that CVS used to be much better thereby refuting his point that chain retail was always bad.......

As for who looks looks like what, look in the mirror.......

CVS used to be f"n awesome especially from what I hear from my older colleagues who used to work in the 1990's and early 2000's. Something changed in the mid 2000's.

CVS used to be f"n awesome especially from what I hear from my older colleagues who used to work in the 1990's and early 2000's. Something changed in the mid 2000's.
The same could be said for Walgreens, Rite Aide, or any other national chain.

Must have been the dumba** pharmacists working that time who never had a backbone to do anything