More than one program, but just listed a hospital system on ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredo32

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few hospitals in my area that are listed under a hospital system in ERAS- there is no distinction between the hospitals on ERAS. I applied to the hospital system and was then contacted by the PC and I let her know which hospital I was most interested in.
I am on a maybe list for an interview at one of these hospitals and of the hospitals, this would be my first choice at which to do an internship. However, I would also be interested in another one of their hospitals as well, especially if I don't get an interview from my first choice. I am hesitating about contacting the PC about one of their second hospitals in the system because I don't see how I could rank one hospital versus another being that they're both just listed as the hospital system and not the individual hospital. Any idea how to go about this? (Initially, I was offered an interview at my second choice, but I let the PC know that the hospital I was most interested in was the one that has now said "maybe we'll interview you.")
So, in short, I'd like to interview at two of their hospitals, I just don't know how they'd figure out the ranking for the match on ERAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would guess they either do a lot of pre-matches or that maybe these preferences indicated in the interviews aren't binding and they decide officially who goes to what hospital after they know who matched into the health system.
But however it's done, at least this gives you a question to ask on your interview. :)
Good luck with everything!

I would guess they either do a lot of pre-matches or that maybe these preferences indicated in the interviews aren't binding and they decide officially who goes to what hospital after they know who matched into the health system.
But however it's done, at least this gives you a question to ask on your interview. :)
Good luck with everything!
A lot of 4th year DO students rotate here, they don't prematch.
Actually, I have a maybe interview for one of their hospitals, nothing definite and no interview at my second choice- based on my initial preference given to the PC about which hospital I wanted to interview with. I was wondering if I should ask for a second interview at another one of their hospitals (since the initial email from the PC left it up to me to let her know where I wanted to interview )or not because I really think it's pretty difficult to know where one was matching. What if I wanted to rank one of their hospitals number two and one of them number four. What would happen to my number three choice that wasn't even a hospital in their system? They do have a specific number of spots for each hospital in their system. It's really confusing me.
I need lots of luck, so thank you:)

Last edited: