Most comfortable scrubs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now Cheisu, I'm gonna stop defending you if you tell me you're wearing scrubs walking around your HS. :p
No, not the top and bottom at the same time.

And usually not the bottoms, just sometimes I don't care what I wear and wear a scrub top.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm telling you guys, this kid is the greatest troll ever with the most elaborate stories. :thumbup:, kid. :thumbup:.
'
And it's not to troll, I'm serious. But like I said, not the whole thing, just sometimes I wear the top, but rarely the bottom.

And yeah, my myspace shows my passion for surgery.

I think tight scrub bottoms and thongs are a perfect combo... for the ladies of course. We have quite a few who wear tight bottoms on purpose, or so it seems. maybe inappropriate, but it breaks up the monotony!:rolleyes:
How unprofessional are you going to be?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, not the top and bottom at the same time.

And usually not the bottoms, just sometimes I don't care what I wear and wear a scrub top.

That doesn't help me to defend you.

Wearing scrub tops or bottoms or both, in public, away from the hospital, not on your way home from work, especially when you are not a health care worker is just lame, IMHO.

Really, do your classmates pick on you? If not, get used to it during medical school if you continue to wear scrubs around.

Haven't you read all our threads about not wearing scrubs in public and ESPECIALLY not wearing the tops with "street clothes"?:confused:

Just get over it already, you're in high school, you have no idea what professionalism is.
And, by the way, how you not gonna look if someone worth looking at is wearing something worth looking at?

Really, do your classmates pick on you? If not, get used to it during medical school if you continue to wear scrubs around.

It'll certainly start in college...you don't want to be that guy in college, it will keep you from seeing interesting undergarments...

I'm way too dumb to have gone to Mayo for medical school. Plus, depending which of their hospitals you're at, they don't even wear white coats. Just a sports coat. That's a super PITA. Could you imagine having to buy that type of wardrode on a residents salary?

you would think that they would offer a bonus stipend just for wardrobe purposes. if they did, i would consider such a prgm. i love to shop!

One of my Vascular attendings (in residency) would change scrubs between each case and of course, change back into his stiff white shirt and tie before seeing patients in the clinic or on rounds. That guy must have changed clothes 5 times a day.

Hmmm... I met two of the male vascular attendings there. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was RA?

Boy, you're really going to hate surgery.

To pass the time, the surgeons often gossip, exchange stories about past girlfriends/boyfriends, talk about bodily functions (pooping, peeing, farting), and talk about which supermodel is more attractive. (The PRS guys will sometimes gossip on which celebrities have had some "work" done, and which celebrities SHOULD have some work done...) If conversation is lagging, then somebody will probably start singing along to the iPod.

So I guess if that makes surgeons unprofessional, you're not going to have a good time in the OR.

Hmmm... I met two of the male vascular attendings there. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was RA?

:laugh:

What gave it away - the "stiff white shirt"?! I love RA; one of my favorite attendings.

Now guess which one I told to F-Off two weeks before my residency was over (amd was congratulated by the PD for doing so)?

To pass the time, the surgeons often gossip, exchange stories about past girlfriends/boyfriends, talk about bodily functions (pooping, peeing, farting), and talk about which supermodel is more attractive. (The PRS guys will sometimes gossip on which celebrities have had some "work" done, and which celebrities SHOULD have some work done...) If conversation is lagging, then somebody will probably start singing along to the iPod.

So I guess if that makes surgeons unprofessional, you're not going to have a good time in the OR.

Seriously...surgeons can be VERY "unprofessional", especially in the OR. Lots of gossip, lots of sex talk, bodily function talk and more sex talk with dirty jokes.

Lotsa fun.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally agree. :thumbup: That's the best part of the day! :D

...and that's why you need to go into G Surg!

(Oh. Uh...unless you're implying that going into Gyn Onc via OB/GYN also makes you a surgeon. ;) )

Disclaimer: I'm just giving her a hard time. This statement is necessary, else smq123 attempts to kick my butt. :)

Methinks his notion of how physicians interact comes from the movie "Spies Like Us" with Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd.

"Hello Doctor."

"Good morning Doctor."

"Doctor, yes, doctor."

"Evening Doctor."

"Doctor, is that what I think it is, Doctor?"

"Yes, Doctor! Straight away, Doctor!

"Doctor, the patient's blood pressure is dropping. What shall I do Doctor?"

"Doctor you should push some saline or start a pressor or some $hit."

:laugh:

What gave it away - the "stiff white shirt"?! I love RA; one of my favorite attendings.

Now guess which one I told to F-Off two weeks before my residency was over (amd was congratulated by the PD for doing so)?

RA plays the stiff WASP thing really well. It's great. He seems like a hoot to hang with in the OR... Either that or he's really boring.

Did you flip DH the bird? Really? I only met him for all of 30 minutes, but I did get the impression that he could be extremely annoying and whiny.

Seriously...surgeons can be VERY "unprofessional", especially in the OR. Lots of gossip, lots of sex talk, bodily function talk and more sex talk with dirty jokes.

Lotsa fun.:D

Like being a part of a frat... And all without having to eat the cracker that has everyone else's jizzle-stuff all over it.

(Or was that only at my college? :scared:)

RA plays the stiff WASP thing really well. It's great. He seems like a hoot to hang with in the OR... Either that or he's really boring.

He has a very dry sense of humor, although in the OR he's quite serious. He was the ONLY attending in my years there that actually made it a point to sit down with his residents and talk to them about their performance. When I was an intern, it was nice because even though he had some negative things to say, there were also positive things. When I returned to service as a 2nd year, he commented that I had improved a great deal on the things he had cited as weaknesses during my intern year. He did the same for me as Chief and I really appreciated it. Many people are frightened of him and find him stiff, but I thought he was very fair, and as I noted above, has a great sense of humor.

Did you flip DH the bird? Really? I only met him for all of 30 minutes, but I did get the impression that he could be extremely annoying and whiny.

Oh no, I SAID it to him. Kept riding me about something, I was exhausted (the fellow was on vacation so I was on q1 vascular call) and I just lost it. His nickname rhymes with condescending (you'll get it since you know his name). Bright guy, but very annoying and patronizing.

Many people are frightened of him and find him stiff, but I thought he was very fair, and as I noted above, has a great sense of humor.

I guess it takes some getting used to. I've noticed a lot of vascular people are abnormally cold and stiff, and that sometimes you just can't tell how they read you. It's a bit unsettling. When I was talking with him he gave me these stern stare downs, almost as if he was trying to pick apart the bull$hit. Most other people I met along the trail would respond with things like, "Oh interesting..." At least to give you an idea that you weren't totally boring the crap out of them or that they were paying attention.

Oh no, I SAID it to him. Kept riding me about something, I was exhausted (the fellow was on vacation so I was on q1 vascular call) and I just lost it. His nickname rhymes with condescending (you'll get it since you know his name). Bright guy, but very annoying and patronizing.

That's awesome! One of my old Chiefs got into a big ole fight with LT, and when the "Associate PD" stepped in to try and defend her (he always liked her for some reason... Idiot.), my Chief turned to the Associate PD and said, "Go F**k yourself!"

I think I'd pee all over myself if I did something like that.

I guess it takes some getting used to. I've noticed a lot of vascular people are abnormally cold and stiff, and that sometimes you just can't tell how they read you. It's a bit unsettling. When I was talking with him he gave me these stern stare downs, almost as if he was trying to pick apart the bull$hit.

Yes, "unsettling" that would be an experience many have had with him. Did you interview there for the fellowship? I'd imagine if you interviewed with him its a different situation than I was in. Of course I could also get away with a little flirting, putting a "c" in front of his last name, for a cute nickname.:D

That's awesome! One of my old Chiefs got into a big ole fight with LT, and when the "Associate PD" stepped in to try and defend her (he always liked her for some reason... Idiot.), my Chief turned to the Associate PD and said, "Go F**k yourself!"

I think I'd pee all over myself if I did something like that.

Well, of course, after I did (storming out of conference...yes, I did it in front of one of the other vascular attendings, the fellows and the interns), I instantly regretted it. I ran to the PC's office, who hates him, she laughed out loud and paged the PD who came over and gave me a high five. Made me feel better, but its SOOOO out of character for me to do that, I was embarassed that I had lost control like that.

Then...beep beep beep, a page to you know who's office. It wasn't bad really, he was sort of contrite and wanted to know what he did wrong. I thought it was a bit disingenuous and fake, but whatever...I only had a couple of weeks left. I was more afraid of Dr. A and what he would say, but never heard about it from him.

Yes, "unsettling" that would be an experience many have had with him. Did you interview there for the fellowship? I'd imagine if you interviewed with him its a different situation than I was in.

Yes, I interviewed with him for the fellowship and the other one as well. Like I said I found him cold and those stares from him kinda feel as if he's trying to suck my soul out. :) A little melodramatic, I know, but I was really weirded out by it. It was almost Vulcan-like.

Of course I could also get away with a little flirting, putting a "c" in front of his last name, for a cute nickname.:D

Guys, THIS is WHY having a woman in your program sucks. :)

Then...beep beep beep, a page to you know who's office. It wasn't bad really, he was sort of contrite and wanted to know what he did wrong. I thought it was a bit disingenuous and fake, but whatever...I only had a couple of weeks left. I was more afraid of Dr. A and what he would say, but never heard about it from him.

I'm sure he wanted to rip your tongue out. He seems the type who would be political about everything, but I may just be overthinking it.

Good stuff.

(Oh. Uh...unless you're implying that going into Gyn Onc via OB/GYN also makes you a surgeon. ;) )

Ooh. That stings a little. :(

;)

Disclaimer: I'm just giving her a hard time. This statement is necessary, else smq123 attempts to kick my butt. :)

I never threatened to kick your butt! I may have contemplated poking you in the shins a few times ;), but I doubt that I could take you.

Methinks his notion of how physicians interact comes from the movie "Spies Like Us" with Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd.

"Hello Doctor."

"Good morning Doctor."

"Doctor, yes, doctor."

"Evening Doctor."

"Doctor, is that what I think it is, Doctor?"

"Yes, Doctor! Straight away, Doctor!

"Doctor, the patient's blood pressure is dropping. What shall I do Doctor?"

"Doctor you should push some saline or start a pressor or some $hit."

I know. Cheisu will be disappointed with his first OR conversation.

PRS attending: I was watching TV last night. Natasha Bedingfield either needs to get some lipo on her greater trochanter regions, or else she needs to stop wearing jodhpurs. I mean, come on. When men say that they like big butts, they're just trying to be nice.

Me: What about J-Lo?

PRS attending: J-Lo has a good stylist. She wears stuff that makes her behind look good - in other words NOT JODHPURS. Although I'd lipo her too. Lipo would not be a bad idea.

Male scrub tech: I'm more partial to Tyra Banks myself.

Etc, etc.

Unprofessional? Maybe. But a heck of a lot of fun!

I never threatened to kick your butt! I may have contemplated poking you in the shins a few times ;), but I doubt that I could take you.

Probably not because in my mind, you're 5'1", 103 pounds, and wear size 6 Biogels. :)

Ooh... And what color underwear is she wearing in YOUR mind?

Ooh... And what color underwear is she wearing in YOUR mind?

"Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about."

Gotta love Old School for good quotes...

Probably not because in my mind, you're 5'1", 103 pounds, and wear size 6 Biogels. :)

Close. I'm 5'1", 103 lbs., but I wear size 60 biogels. Basically, I look like a homunculus. I'm in high demand for my retracting capabilities - I don't even need a Deaver!

;)

Oh, and Castro, I don't wear underwear. Have you ever seen a homunculus wear pants? Please.

Well, when said female is wearing a thong and scrub pants, when they bend over to pick something up (for example if I dropped my pen or something accidentally), the thong peeks out. Women don't realize this for whatever reason, but when they bend over usually their under-garment (or lack thereof) is flashing the whole world. It's sometimes really awesome! :thumbup:

That's why I only operate commando!;)

I know a lot of male nurses who do that, especially in the ER. Scrub top and cargo pants, usually with a pair of trauma shears hanging from the belt.

Moral of this story: You dress like a future Murse.

The ER mullet...horrible:barf:

That's why I only operate commando!;)

Oh God! Another hottie!

Please, if you're ever in Chicago (or New York for the next 106 days), we should hang out! :)

You too smq123! :)

Oh God! Another hottie!

Please, if you're ever in Chicago (or New York for the next 106 days), we should hang out! :)

You too smq123! :)

Hey Castro,
Not tryin to hate at all...but are you still married/engaged? Just wonderin'. Also, is this gonna be a threesome hang out :rolleyes::hardy::p

Hey Castro,
Not tryin to hate at all...but are you still married/engaged? Just wonderin'. Also, is this gonna be a threesome hang out :rolleyes::hardy::p

Oh lord, CV, all the SDN ladies are just throwing themselves at you now!

You know what they say about guys with girlfriends/fiancees/wives...

You know what they say about guys with girlfriends/fiancees/wives...

A pimp.... or maybe a ladie's man :laugh: Don't worry Blade, you can come along too.

Yeah... My giblets should be nowhere near your giblets.

Dude, you need to get out more. That, or your long-distance relationship is killing you! :)

But you're right, my giblets stay put, in that little linen sack that comes with the turkey. And I only pair my turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy! That's it!

Well, OK, sometimes I could use some sweet potato pie.

[ /end ridiculously nonsensical metaphor ]

Dude, you need to get out more. That, or your long-distance relationship is killing you! :)

But you're right, my giblets stay put, in that little linen sack that comes with the turkey. And I only pair my turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy! That's it!

Well, OK, sometimes I could use some sweet potato pie.

[ /end ridiculously nonsensical metaphor ]

That's dirty. There should be plenty of that for you in the South. :smuggrin:

You guys are dumb.:)

i think i am just bored. this is my last semester of med school. when i am not in the lab or hospital finishing my required rotations, i am sleeping or at the gym or on sdn.