Most dry campus med schools and social med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

what med schools are considered to be most dry vs which ones are considered to be the biggest party or social scene for med students?

Members don't see this ad.

Med students are 21+, I don't think any school is going to be devoid of EtOH

The schools with the best social scenes will probably be based on location (New York city for example >> Hanover, NH) rather than the students being the partying type

Reactions: 1 user
Med school isn't undergrad. No one will be partying every day. You will find people to party with no matter where you go. That being said, schools attached to a large undergrad or in the heart of a major city will have more opportunities to party, but I personally have no interest in partying with 18 year olds.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Med students are 21+, I don't think any school is going to be devoid of EtOH

The schools with the best social scenes will probably be based on location (New York city for example >> Hanover, NH) rather than the students being the partying type
There is a lot of drinking that occurs in Hanover.you forget that there isn't much to do besides study,drink,and become one with nature. I think this is hard to predict because it depends on the individual class rather than external factors. You could be in Las Vegas but have a class that is predominately of a religion hat does not condone partying

Honestly it's been mostly constant partying at my school since day 1.

Reactions: 1 users
Med school isn't undergrad. No one will be partying every day. You will find people to party with no matter where you go. That being said, schools attached to a large undergrad or in the heart of a major city will have more opportunities to party, but I personally have no interest in partying with 18 year olds.

Lol I remember how immature I was at 18 when I see the freshmen on campus. Can't imagine drinking with them.

Lol I remember how immature I was at 18 when I see the freshmen on campus. Can't imagine drinking with them.
Aren't you like 15 ginny? Isn't there some kind of law against underage wizards drinking? Leave the etOH disposal to the professionals.

Reactions: 1 users
There is a lot of drinking that occurs in Hanover.you forget that there isn't much to do besides study,drink,and become one with nature. I think this is hard to predict because it depends on the individual class rather than external factors. You could be in Las Vegas but have a class that is predominately of a religion hat does not condone partying
Hah fair enough, I was thinking more like bar hopping/clubbing social scene rather than drinking in someone's room

I forgot about Loma Linda that's probably the kind of student body you're talking about

When you are holed up in the library studying, or spending an overnight on the wards, the last thing you want to think about is all the parties you are missing. Misery loves company, so you want to be surrounded by people who are also similarly immersed. There is thus often an inverse relationship between the amount of partying opportunities and your enjoyment of life in med school.

Reactions: 2 users
I can only speak for my own school from first hand experience but Miami is prett damn social. We have a giant med school wide party (with open bar) every fall, take a weekend service vacation to Key west once a year, and all the M1s take a cruise together every March. Plus our spring break is during ultra music festival if you're into that sort of thing.

I would wager any major city school would be pretty social!

My class has an exam tomorrow so right now everyone is dry as a stone. But ask me the same question tomorrow night and I'll probably respond with "fsdhoeurighilsdufjgnjerbiptuegbhlsbrlgib"

Reactions: 5 users
what med schools are considered to be most dry vs which ones are considered to be the biggest party or social scene for med students?

I hear Arizona is really dry in the summers

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users