Most Generous Schools for Transfer Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aalamruad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which undergraduate schools are the most generous (need based or merit based) to transfer students?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure being a transfer student puts you in a different "need" category. Every school I applied to met need as I expected and I read CC during the process and most that commented shared the same sentiment. Schools have an idea of how many transfers will come and what the expected financial budget they will need.

That being said, what is important in the financial aid scale, is if you have the grades and high need, top schools, even with being far more expensive, give the best aid by a long shot. My state school gave tiny scholarships, and LOTS of loans. Meanwhile the higher caliber private schools offered full scholarships. If it isn't full of course this has to be balanced with the expense.

Your state school :)
Vanderbilt (which has a very high acceptance rate for transfers, relatively ;) )
Emory
Cornell
Penn LPS
Many LACs like Oberlin

I think those are the big ones. There's less merit-based aid, but most-to-all of need is met for transfers at these schools IIRC. As someone who transferred, I found it very difficult to track down this information at certain schools, so if you're not sure, definitely do call.