Most intense pre med ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
:wow:

I really hope that's just another guy with the same name.

Same...but what are the chances with a last name like that and the year lining up as well. :scared:

So does the fact that he used a knife mean he wasn't a gunner?
:p

remember that admissions in those years were pre-google (so schools probably didn't know) and that he was never convicted or it was as a juvenile (so it's not declared on your record)

undergrad: Emory
med school: U Miami Miller
residency: Cleveland Clinic Florida

married a classmate first year of med school, have four kids

remember that admissions in those years were pre-google (so schools probably didn't know) and that he was never convicted or it was as a juvenile (so it's not declared on your record)

undergrad: Emory
med school: U Miami Miller
residency: Cleveland Clinic Florida

married a classmate first year of med school, have four kids

The article I read said he was charged as an adult with aggravated battery. Admissions would have been able to find this. (And aggravated battery?? Really??)
I don't care how obsessed you are with your grades.. stabbing a teacher for earning a B???? :eek:
Scary that he's a physician now.

Edit: Found not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
That first link is him. He went to high school in Coral Springs (FL) and went to Univ. of Miami (FL) for med school AND he practices in Florida. Also, the years match perfectly and there is only one Jason Haffizulla in the US.

It also says he went to Tulane.

FOR THE RECORD - ******THE FOLLOWING CORRECTION WAS PUBLISHED JUNE 25, 1992******
Because of erroneous information provided to the Sun-Sentinel, the name of the college that Jason Haffizulla will attend was incorrectly stated in an article on page 1B of the June 8 edition. Officials at Tulane University in New Orleans said Haffizulla, of Coral Springs, will not attend the school. His family declined to name the college that he will attend this fall.
We regret the error.

This would never happen in the SDN era of internet vigilance. This thread reminds me of that kid who hit someone with a car while drunk driving, and asked the judge for his sentence to be deferred so that he could attend med school interviews! He also didn't write an apology to the victims until ordered by the judge and even then it took him a few weeks. Am I remembering the story correctly? What ever happened to that kid?

This paper is from '92, so I'm assuming he's a surgeon now (because of his fascination with cutting people and all).

:thumbup::thumbup:

He did IM. Wow. Admissions fail.

http://www.meditam.net/drjason.html

It's a different person.

No one should type @Planes2Doc if he uses Tapatalk, or it will notify him.

Edit: or her. I always assumed Planes2Doc was a guy, but I could be wrong.

I'm 95% sure that Planes2Doc is a guy.

It's a different person..

I am pretty sure the person in the topic post is the same as Dr. Jason Hafizulla in the link. The years match up EXACTLY (he graduated HS in 92, started med school in 96). Also, Coral Springs high school (where he attended) is in Florida and he went to Univ of Miami, also in Florida, for med school, AND he is practicing in Florida. Also, if you search whitepages, there is only one Jason Hafizulla in the entire United States. This can't be a coincidence.

I am pretty sure the person in the topic post is the same as Dr. Jason Hafizulla in the link. The years match up EXACTLY (he graduated HS in 92, started med school in 96). Also, Coral Springs high school (where he attended) is in Florida and he went to Univ of Miami, also in Florida, for med school, AND he is practicing in Florida. Also, if you search whitepages, there is only one Jason Hafizulla in the entire United States. This can't be a coincidence.

I would expect an over-achieving gunner like him to have graduated from a Top 20 medical school and completed an ultra-competitive residency. Guess I was wrong. :(

LOL! I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but in situations like these, I am actually going to side with ADCOMs, and here's why.

In the case of this specific guy, his crime took place in 1992. This was the dawn of the world wide web. In fact, this was before Windows 95, when computing became awesome! I was still using Windows 3.1! :eek: So assuming he got the charge expunged, I'm sure that ADCOMs would probably not have known about what happened. Back then, you couldn't just search up any random thing and find it on the internet. I'm sure that aside from his criminal record which was accessible only from law enforcement, if it weren't expunged, that you would have to actually go to a public library and look through newspaper archives to find the story. So back then, it was much easier to sweet a crime under the rug.

Even today though, I wouldn't blame ADCOMs for accepting students that committed crimes in the past? Why? Because everyone is quick to get things expunged if possible. Even if the story is on the internet, I believe that you can get it removed if your charges are dropped or have your record expunged, though I'm not sure. I went to high school with a guy who was charged and convicted of battery a few years ago. The story in the blotter was up on the internet for a few years, then randomly disappeared. Stories from the blotter that happened before his arrest are still online, so I believe he probably had the record expunged.

Remember, in our society it's far better to sweep things under the rug like it never happened than to claim responsibility. So if an applicant was successful in getting the conviction expunged and stories taken off the internet, how can anyone blame ADCOMs? I'm sure there's at least someone in your medical school class with a fairly serious criminal charge, that the ADCOMs probably had no knowledge of.

Plus this reminds me of a story I read last year on SDN. I searched for it in Google and managed to find it. It's very sad and I hope he never gets into medical school.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Grammys-apologised-hospitalising-couple.html

But like they say, time heals all wounds. And by that, it means after enough time you can get your crimes expunged and probably get any evidence of it taken off the internet. :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm a guy. :p

LOL! I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but in situations like these, I am actually going to side with ADCOMs, and here's why.

In the case of this specific guy, his crime took place in 1992. This was the dawn of the world wide web. In fact, this was before Windows 95, when computing became awesome! I was still using Windows 3.1! :eek: So assuming he got the charge expunged, I'm sure that ADCOMs would probably not have known about what happened. Back then, you couldn't just search up any random thing and find it on the internet. I'm sure that aside from his criminal record which was accessible only from law enforcement, if it weren't expunged, that you would have to actually go to a public library and look through newspaper archives to find the story. So back then, it was much easier to sweet a crime under the rug.

Even today though, I wouldn't blame ADCOMs for accepting students that committed crimes in the past? Why? Because everyone is quick to get things expunged if possible. Even if the story is on the internet, I believe that you can get it removed if your charges are dropped or have your record expunged, though I'm not sure. I went to high school with a guy who was charged and convicted of battery a few years ago. The story in the blotter was up on the internet for a few years, then randomly disappeared. Stories from the blotter that happened before his arrest are still online, so I believe he probably had the record expunged.

Remember, in our society it's far better to sweep things under the rug like it never happened than to claim responsibility. So if an applicant was successful in getting the conviction expunged and stories taken off the internet, how can anyone blame ADCOMs? I'm sure there's at least someone in your medical school class with a fairly serious criminal charge, that the ADCOMs probably had no knowledge of.

Plus this reminds me of a story I read last year on SDN. I searched for it in Google and managed to find it. It's very sad and I hope he never gets into medical school.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Grammys-apologised-hospitalising-couple.html

But like they say, time heals all wounds. And by that, it means after enough time you can get your crimes expunged and probably get any evidence of it taken off the internet. :rolleyes:

yeah thats the one, anyone know if that kid got in?

yeah thats the one, anyone know if that kid got in?

I hope not! But by the looks of the random pages if you Google his name, he was trying to bring the news articles down in the Google search. Since he was ultimately charged with misdemeanor reckless driving, I don't think he would have issues with admissions unless they saw the article.

It's extremely easy to get a reckless driving charge in most states. Here in Illinois, I believe it's going 20mph over the posted speed limit. It's way too easy to get this, especially on the highways where the speed limit is 55mph. Just like speeding tickets that are misdemeanors in certain states, this would probably be overlooked. In fact, if it weren't for those articles, he can easily lie about it. It's the articles that are hopefully still holding him back. If he actually got admitted to school, well then, that would suck a lot.

I hope not! But by the looks of the random pages if you Google his name, he was trying to bring the news articles down in the Google search. Since he was ultimately charged with misdemeanor reckless driving, I don't think he would have issues with admissions unless they saw the article.

It's extremely easy to get a reckless driving charge in most states. Here in Illinois, I believe it's going 20mph over the posted speed limit. It's way too easy to get this, especially on the highways where the speed limit is 55mph. Just like speeding tickets that are misdemeanors in certain states, this would probably be overlooked. In fact, if it weren't for those articles, he can easily lie about it. It's the articles that are hopefully still holding him back. If he actually got admitted to school, well then, that would suck a lot.

Haha yeah i just noticed this, yeah he created a bunch of sites hosting nothing but a bio that looks like it was written by an unmotivated seventh grader (full of 'medical mission trips to rural india' and other predictable BS) in an obvious effort to knock the bad press results off the first page. What a slimebag.

What does the existence of world wide web have to do with a criminal background check? It's not like the state throws away the charge and the paperwork gets burned when he was found not guilty.

What does the existence of world wide web have to do with a criminal background check? It's not like the state throws away the charge and the paperwork gets burned when he was found not guilty.

If you get it expunged, it's like it never happened (except during licensing). If you get something expunged and it's still on the internet, then ADCOMs will know about it, even though you don't have to disclose it and it never happened from a legal perspective. It's hard to sweep the stuff on the internet underbthe rug even if you have a "clean" record.

I'm at work so I can't really check right now, but didn't he plead guilty?

If you get it expunged, it's like it never happened (except during licensing). If you get something expunged and it's still on the internet, then ADCOMs will know about it, even though you don't have to disclose it and it never happened from a legal perspective. It's hard to sweep the stuff on the internet underbthe rug even if you have a "clean" record.

Who said his record was expunged? Remember that he was tried as an adult.

And actually, "expunged" records still show up on an FBI background check. At least that's what they told us when I was at MEPs many moons ago lol.

And the "not guilty" verdict on the basis of insanity would have not just been thrown under the rug had his record been expunged, which I doubt it would have considering that he was tried as an adult.

I love this comment at the end of the article: "Stereotypically speaking.. he looks like an a**. Sometimes you can just see it in the eyes."

The fool is an IM doctor now.

It gets worse and worse. Raihan Sayeed's biographical spam sites (undoubtedly the result-spamming courtesy of reputation.com or similar service financed by sayeed's parents) includes some of the most stereotypical premed presumably-application-boosting fake organizations.

from one of his bios:

Raihan Sayeed is a well known animal activist, whose contribution has inspired many people all over the world. His campaign, Save Tiger has received an overwhelming response from celebrities. At an age of 24, his contribution has benefited many organizations working towards saving the extinct animals.

Today, Raihan Sayeed has formed an organization which helps people who were involved in major road accidents. This charitable trust is dedicated to one of his best friends whom he lost in a road accident. On a fine morning, he received a call from his father, who informed that his school mate has been critically injured in a road mishap. Without losing any time, Raihan reached the hospital, just to find that his friend was no more.

this is the most vile, nefarious self-aggrandizing fiction I have ever seen. Whats worse is he claims to dedicate the nameless 'charitable trust' to his friend, and not the elderly couple he maimed in his own car crash (he doesnt even mention that incident).

It gets worse and worse. Raihan Sayeed's biographical spam sites (undoubtedly the result-spamming courtesy of reputation.com or similar service financed by sayeed's parents) includes some of the most stereotypical premed presumably-application-boosting fake organizations.

from one of his bios:

Raihan Sayeed is a well known animal activist, whose contribution has inspired many people all over the world. His campaign, Save Tiger has received an overwhelming response from celebrities. At an age of 24, his contribution has benefited many organizations working towards saving the extinct animals.

Today, Raihan Sayeed has formed an organization which helps people who were involved in major road accidents. This charitable trust is dedicated to one of his best friends whom he lost in a road accident. On a fine morning, he received a call from his father, who informed that his school mate has been critically injured in a road mishap. Without losing any time, Raihan reached the hospital, just to find that his friend was no more.

this is the most vile, nefarious self-aggrandizing fiction I have ever seen. Whats worse is he claims to dedicate the nameless 'charitable trust' to his friend, and not the elderly couple he maimed in his own car crash (he doesnt even mention that incident).

That guy should be removed from the society and thrown into prison for life.

from one of his bios:

The definition of douche bag. The smile. The actions. The websites dedicated to propping up his image.

Does anybody know if he actually got in somewhere?

from one of his bios:

I didn't realize that you can bring extinct animals back from the dead. Sweet. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize that you can bring extinct animals back from the dead. Sweet. :rolleyes:

Are you serious? You're kidding right? I spent 500 hours in a nonprofit organization that aims in saving dodos... Thanks a lot. :thumbdown:

If I were an ADCOM, and had an applicant that put up a million different sites referring to him or her in third person, and embellishing on the dumbest achievements, I would reject them even if they aren't trying to cover up anything like he is.

It just spells douche bag to the max.

I'm surprised he hasn't gone all out and created a video resume like Aleksey Vayner RIP, Impossible is Nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_Is_Nothing_(video_résumé)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EkFTWBmmr0