most invasive pain procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yoyomama88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
intrathecal pain pumps and neuromodulation are rather invasive procedures correct? I saw some videos and they look like something you would expect a neurosurgeon to be performing. Does that sound like an accurate assessment?

Members don't see this ad.

intrathecal pain pumps and neuromodulation are rather invasive procedures correct? I saw some videos and they look like something you would expect a neurosurgeon to be performing. Does that sound like an accurate assessment?

Both can be done with a couple needle holes and one small 2 inch superficial incision. You don't need to be a neurosurgeon to perform these procedures. Pain physicians are well-qualified to do both procedures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good point.....I often think of myself as a neurosurgeon, at least that's what I say at the bars :D

definitely. very complicated. :thumbup: