Most promising of the newer DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't most schools have religious studies majors...? Doesn't Harvard have one of the best in the country?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Second level Inferences are bad, third level? Even worse.

Honestly, I don't specifically care about individual person's beliefs. In fact I think it's fine and statistically hope is beneficial so by all means pray and believe. I draw my line when people try to institutionalize religious views when they contradiction rationalism and are clearly against logic.

And further, trust me I know how to react to people of extreme faith. My boyfriend's mother is an extremely pious and devote Christian who would quite frankly prefer that a car fall from the stratosphere onto my head than me date her son. I can deal yo.
You're a female? ….or gay? Interesting, for some reason I always pictured you as a male. Carry on.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You're a female? ….or gay? Interesting, for some reason I always pictured you as a male. Carry on.

Male. Hence why my probably eventual mother in law will likely try to poison me one day....

But hey... no pain no gain.. *groans*

Reactions: 2 users
Don't most schools have religious studies majors...? Doesn't Harvard have one of the best in the country?

There's a very big difference between the study of religion and the study of creationism. I highly doubt Harvard is teaching students that dinosaurs and humans co-existed.

They don't put the creationism minor under a "religious studies" department. They put it in the science department. They teach it as if it is fact rather than philosophy.

Male. Hence why my probably eventual mother in law will likely try to poison me one day....

But hey... no pain no gain.. *groans*

We really should swap bitchy MIL stories....

Mine hates me too!

They don't put the creationism minor under a "religious studies" department. They put it in the science department. They teach it as if it is fact rather than philosophy.

Basically this is the difference. A religious studies degree teaches you to ask questions about religion, stories, and where things began.

A theological degree teaches you to believe in the stories and not ask questions.

In my case I applied to both but only 1 school sent me back a secondary.

I remember reading somewhere that they go through your profile and pick which campus would suit you best or something.

I also applied to VCOM this year for hopeful acceptance in the Fall. There was a single application fee and I was asked to rank my preference in branches between the Virginia, Carolina, and Auburn campuses. Being from North Eastern PA and not being able to visit any of the campuses at the time of submission, I made my decision strictly geographically 1. Carolina, 2. Virginia, and 3. Auburn. I received an interview offer at the Carolina Campus (my first choice) which is coming up in a few days. If I am lucky enough to be accepted, would I only be accepted into the Carolina campus? I plan to visit the campus in Blacksburg and is it possible to request that campus instead. I am unfortunately going into this blind and I cant seem to find any clarification anywhere.

I also applied to VCOM this year for hopeful acceptance in the Fall. There was a single application fee and I was asked to rank my preference in branches between the Virginia, Carolina, and Auburn campuses. Being from North Eastern PA and not being able to visit any of the campuses at the time of submission, I made my decision strictly geographically 1. Carolina, 2. Virginia, and 3. Auburn. I received an interview offer at the Carolina Campus (my first choice) which is coming up in a few days. If I am lucky enough to be accepted, would I only be accepted into the Carolina campus? I plan to visit the campus in Blacksburg and is it possible to request that campus instead. I am unfortunately going into this blind and I cant seem to find any clarification anywhere.
Yes.

MUCOM for me was really solid.

CUSOM was even better in my opinion. If not for the bleak surroundings I'd have called it my top choice.

How could you not want to live near the Triangle area?! Really hoping to get an acceptance after my Campbell interview. It would be amazing to be back there! I did my undergrad at Duke, and Raleigh-Durham is beautiful and full of great food, hiking, Southern hospitality... :love:

Can't imagine how cold it would be in Michigan! I'm a huge wuss, and weather is really important to me. Is that weird? :p Sunshine > prestige

How could you not want to live near the Triangle area?! Really hoping to get an acceptance after my Campbell interview. It would be amazing to be back there! I did my undergrad at Duke, and Raleigh-Durham is beautiful and full of great food, hiking, Southern hospitality... :love:

Can't imagine how cold it would be in Michigan! I'm a huge wuss, and weather is really important to me. Is that weird? :p Sunshine > prestige
-mandatory class attendance
-professional dress code

If I were applying, I would not even consider Campbell for these two reasons.

I interviewed at Marian, cusom and acom last year. Mucom seemed like it had the greatest upside

-professional dress code

I'd advise all applicants to apply almost everywhere and not let dress code and attendance become factors until they have multiple acceptances.

That being said, i hate having to dress up everyday...but it beats not being in medical school

Reactions: 3 users
-professional dress code

-professional dress code

1. I like being in class. Dorky, but true. It also keeps you accountable on some level. It's psychological, but it works for me.
2. It'll be nice to be around students who aren't dressed like slobs. This isn't undergrad. Does Campbell not allow scrubs, though? I know at ACOM that was the other option, which was amazing because scrubs are essentially jammies. :D