Most realistic Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John2448

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the most realistic practice FL (besides) AAMC's. I have done all of those and I need more practice tests???

Members don't see this ad.

What's the most realistic practice FL (besides) AAMC's. I have done all of those and I need more practice tests???
After a while you might forget the questions. I kept retaking the AAMC ones until I got everything right.
Went from a 28Q to a 33 with mostly AAMC practice tests and minimal subject area specific study. (First time around was more subject based study).

Any practice tests help but the AAMC ones are pretty darn good. Go back to them after you do whichever other ones the other people recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your actual MCAT should be in that range then. How far away is your MCAT? If it is soon, I would almost be tempted to tell you to avoid any non-AAMC tests, as they will change your expectations toward the test itself and might actually hurt your performance.

Reactions: 1 user
Your actual MCAT should be in that range then. How far away is your MCAT? If it is soon, I would almost be tempted to tell you to avoid any non-AAMC tests, as they will change your expectations toward the test itself and might actually hurt your performance.
I took the real thing and messed up with timing etc and need to retake. My Mcat is June 13. I want to do some practice test that I haven't seen before as well as do AAMC again

Your best bet is to just retake the AAMC practice tests again, IMO, since your MCAT is coming up soon. The tests from the AAMC are invaluable and will provide you with the most realistic MCAT score range.

June 13

I ranged between about 29-33

review concepts that you had trouble with. I dont know what materials you have available, but TPR workbook and TBR passages are really helpful to practice concepts that you had trouble with

do practice passages in your weak areas. Im studying for MCAT now and they really help me with confusing subjects.

What is Tot?

With less than a month left, don't use more than 1 practice test from prep companies. Take the free Kaplan exam (make an account with them and they'll let you take one practice MCAT for free), pretty sure Princeton has a free one as well. Buy like 1 test from Gold Standard / Berkeley. And then re-do all the AAMC self-assessment passages and re-do at least a couple of the AAMC tests.

Good luck!

With less than a month left, don't use more than 1 practice test from prep companies. Take the free Kaplan exam (make an account with them and they'll let you take one practice MCAT for free), pretty sure Princeton has a free one as well. Buy like 1 test from Gold Standard / Berkeley. And then re-do all the AAMC self-assessment passages and re-do at least a couple of the AAMC tests.

Good luck!
What's the point of redoing the AAMC's... I know all the answers already

What's the point of redoing the AAMC's... I know all the answers already

That's probably the best summary I've ever seen of the mindset that leads good students to getting bad performance on the MCAT.

Sorry, I don't mean that as a knock on you - after all, just "knowing the answer" was what it takes to get a 4.0 GPA in school so it's understandable that you'd carry that with you into the MCAT. Doing the AAMC passages is about learning and reinforcing the HOW and WHY of the question, not the answer to that particular question. It's not enough to know the answer - you have to be able to give a thorough analysis such that you could teach that problem to someone else. *That's* the level of mastery you need of the AAMC material, and for most students it takes a couple of passes to learn it that well.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users