Most significant activity outside the classroom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetangel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted an opinion if any of the below mentioned activities would be looked by the Adcoms as significant activity:

being able to hike mt. Willard successfully in spite of my knee being extremely unstable due to acl tear..I could add that I doubted myself if I could successfully complete it but was determined to do that and was surprised that I hiked it within the normal time limit

or I could write about how I taught my boss (80 year old) how to use the new healthcare system when everyone believed that she could never learn it. she still tells to me that I am better teacher than the doctor that works with us and who taught me the system.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

#1 sounds better, it's more about yourself than #2, which kinda sounds like looking down on old people and other doctors you work with

I think the preference would be for something that showed some sort of continuity, but if you're an avid hiker, you could definitely spin the first option in a good way!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted an opinion if any of the below mentioned activities would be looked by the Adcoms as significant activity:

being able to hike mt. Willard successfully in spite of my knee being extremely unstable due to acl tear..I could add that I doubted myself if I could successfully complete it but was determined to do that and was surprised that I hiked it within the normal time limit

or I could write about how I taught my boss (80 year old) how to use the new healthcare system when everyone believed that she could never learn it. she still tells to me that I am better teacher than the doctor that works with us and who taught me the system.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable feedback!

Just FYI, everyone is going to google Mt. Willard. The most significant thing you have done is hike 3.2 miles w/ 900 foot elevation gain with an ACL tear? Why is this significant? Why was there a 'time limit'?

Reactions: 1 user