Most valuable experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ct303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing up the experience descriptions and I feel like there are many experiences I have had that I could write about as a most valuable experience. I wanted to get your opinion on the experiences I should be writing about as the most valuable.

Here are the experiences I am including. The ones with an * next to them mean I am writing about them to some degree in my Personal Statement. Let me know what you think!

Experiences:
Research experience- Sports Psychology research with presentation and award (750 hours).
Clinical research in toxicology with a publication with two physicians (200 hours).
*Founded a nonprofit organization providing eyeglasses to kids in Cambodia (about 7000 pairs thus far- 1000s of hours).
High school varsity lacrosse coach (150 hours).
Church leadership service (600 hours).
Hospital volunteering (50 hours).
Two year mission to Cambodia- fluent in Cambodian
*Shadowing - 350ish hours, ED, ICU, General Medicine, etc.
Nonprofit consulting- end to end consulting for local organizations in anti-bullying, international organizations for disabled people, etc (100 hours).
Work in Medicare compliance, software development, and alarm sales.

Members don't see this ad.

You can pick your Most Meaningful activities because you think it's what adcomms want to hear. Or you can pick them because they really meant a lot to you. Or you can pick them because you need more space for all you have to say. It's not a good idea to pick them based on forum vote.

Reactions: 1 user
It was suggested that the most meaningful experiences area be used either to further explain your truly most meaningful experiences, or to provide explanation for activities that you would like to extrapolate on--activities that you did not get a chance to write about/do not want to use space for in your personal statement.

Avoid redundancy whenever possible. If you used a substantial (1/3) amount of space in your PS for an activity, do not again use that activity as one of your most meaningful experiences in the activity section.

Thank you for that advice. Don't worry, this isn't a vote in any way. Simply looking for advice and/or suggestions in regards to activities and writing them up.