Other OT-Related Information MOT St. Augustine- Austin, TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Otfuture1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the program now or applying? I am just curious about the Austin campus since it has not been accredited yet but they do have students from the September 2014 class attending

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I applied for the USA-ATX MOT program last year and went through all of the application/interview steps. I was waitlisted and accepted twice, so I will finally start the program this summer. Did you have any specific questions? The process was very straightforward and they don't use OTCAS, so everything is very direct with the school and with the admissions committee. Good luck :)

Hello! I applied for the USA-ATX MOT program last year and went through all of the application/interview steps. I was waitlisted and accepted twice, so I will finally start the program this summer. Did you have any specific questions? The process was very straightforward and they don't use OTCAS, so everything is very direct with the school and with the admissions committee. Good luck :)
Hey! I actually just had an interview Friday! I guess they only accepted 6 so they did another round of interviews. I was nervous at first about the accreditation but the interview really put me at ease about it all. I really loved the school…now I'm just anxious to hear back if I get in for summer!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, I fell in love with the campus and school. I think it's going to be an amazing program and it sounds like you will probably be my classmate soon :) hopefully they don't keep you waiting long for a response. I'm surprised they only got six people for the summer though

I agree, I fell in love with the campus and school. I think it's going to be an amazing program and it sounds like you will probably be my classmate soon :) hopefully they don't keep you waiting long for a response. I'm surprised they only got six people for the summer though
That new building is going to be so great too! Someone said it should be done in August. I hope so!!! It feels like we are cutting it so close, I'm super anxious to find out if I got in or not. I will let you know if I do. I feel like I have a good chance cause they said they admitted 6 and then there were only 9 there for the interview on Friday. I don't want to get too excited though.

Quick question! How long did you wait before you heard back after your interview?

It seemed like forever. I interviewed August 8th (for the January start) and was notified that I was waitlisted on September 6th. Around November 12th I was notified of my acceptance. Hope this helps

It seemed like forever. I interviewed August 8th (for the January start) and was notified that I was waitlisted on September 6th. Around November 12th I was notified of my acceptance. Hope this helps

Thank you, it does! My interview was the 14th and they said we would hear in 2-3 weeks..and Friday is 3 weeks so I'm just getting a little anxious..

Yup, they told us the same thing but as you see it took about a month to hear anything. It is so frustrating and nerve racking to check the portal and email every five minutes just in case. fingers crossed

Yup, they told us the same thing but as you see it took about a month to hear anything. It is so frustrating and nerve racking to check the portal and email every five minutes just in case. fingers crossed
I GOT IN:soexcited:

ME TOO ME TOO!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Could you guys tell me your stats? Like GRE, GPA, etc.. I'm debating if I should apply to Austin or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys. See you at registration

What were your guys stats? Just thinking of applying :)

hi chapsa...so i have a question about the GRE what was your score if you dont mind posting it and how difficult was the test? I really would like to apply just not sure how I will do on the GRE . Thanks

Sorry for the late response. My stats sucked, honestly. I did my degree part time while in the military full time so it was always on the back burner to my very demanding career. I didn't even study for the GRE, and in retrospect, wish I had prepared a lot better. I only took the GRE once, and I found it difficult. The math (quantitative reasoning) was the worst for me, as that's always been my weaker area. For my prereqs I had all As with one C (biology my freshman year of college. Had I not gotten accepted, this was the first class I would've retaken).

Total GPA: 3.27
Last 60: 3.25
Verbal: 153
Quantitative Reasoning: 148
Analytical Writing: 4.0
Intern hours: 120 with a pediatric OT clinic, 40 with a hand/arm/shoulder OT

I think my life experience (military and my current career, Child protective services caseworker) weighed heavily in my favor. Many of the interview questions dealt with handling stress and deadlines, people skills, etc. I had more to show for myself than just academics (thankfully). :) hope this helps anybody on the fence about applying to an OT program

And don't be like me - start studying for the GRE right away, even if you haven't made up your mind yet to apply or not lol

I have a question.
Is it risky studying in this program at St Augustine in Austin because it is not accredited?

I don't believe so. The other two locations are accredited, so it is not like it is a new school starting from scratch. Additionally the program has reached the candidacy stage and from what I've researched and understood, AOTA holds their hand through every step. It's very unusual to NOT gain accreditation once you've came this far.

I don't believe so. The other two locations are accredited, so it is not like it is a new school starting from scratch. Additionally the program has reached the candidacy stage and from what I've researched and understood, AOTA holds their hand through every step. It's very unusual to NOT gain accreditation once you've came this far.
Oh okay, thank you.

Hello everyone! I am trying to apply last minute for the Spring 2016 class that starts in January. I just found out about this school! I have pretty much everything turned in but I don't take the GRE until August 18th. The advisor told me depending on when they do interviews I could still have a chance. Has anyone gotten an invitation to interview yet and for what date? Do they do more than one round of interviews? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone! I am trying to apply last minute for the Spring 2016 class that starts in January. I just found out about this school! I have pretty much everything turned in but I don't take the GRE until August 18th. The advisor told me depending on when they do interviews I could still have a chance. Has anyone gotten an invitation to interview yet and for what date? Do they do more than one round of interviews? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I have applied but have not heard anything back yet except that they were reviewing applications. Hopefully we will hear something soon! (Florida Campus)

I wanted to start in January, but since I won't actually finish my Bachelors until December (even though all my pre-recs except physics are complete) I have to apply for May instead. The deadline just passed and the waiting is already killing me! Have y'all heard anything yet? How long did it take?

Anyone else invited to interview at the Texas campus Feb 19th? Seems like this thread is pretty quiet, but I'm currently trying to weigh the pros/cons of flying from Cleveland to interview as opposed to the alternative (which I would assume is Skype, haven't heard back yet).

Reactions: 1 users
Not at the TX campus but if you are accepted and want to go, they dont accept all the federal loans. You may have to take private loans to cover the extra stuff.

Anyone else invited to interview at the Texas campus Feb 19th? Seems like this thread is pretty quiet, but I'm currently trying to weigh the pros/cons of flying from Cleveland to interview as opposed to the alternative (which I would assume is Skype, haven't heard back yet).

Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? :)

Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? :)
Well it was weird because you don't click a submit button anywhere, I had to call a couple times to check about docs that I submitted a few weeks before the Dec 15 deadline because it wasn't updated online to reflect that they were Accepted after they were Submitted. Everything was sent in by the deadline, but the last docs were Accepted on Jan 20, which I believe was a few days after they finally returned my call saying they were reviewing my app! Kind of unorganized I guess

Well it was weird because you don't click a submit button anywhere, I had to call a couple times to check about docs that I submitted a few weeks before the Dec 15 deadline because it wasn't updated online to reflect that they were Accepted after they were Submitted. Everything was sent in by the deadline, but the last docs were Accepted on Jan 20, which I believe was a few days after they finally returned my call saying they were reviewing my app! Kind of unorganized I guess

haha yea I was wondering the same thing too... no submit buttons anywhere :O when did you hear back about your interview on Feb 19th? :)

haha yea I was wondering the same thing too... no submit buttons anywhere :O when did you hear back about your interview on Feb 19th? :)
On the 22nd!

Hi all!

I applied for fall 2016 MOT program in Austin. Just received an invite last week for an interview.

Anyone else?

yes!, have you decided on whether or not you are going?
Well it depended on my work schedule (I only have one coworker so it's hard to rearrange schedules), and I don't think it's going to work out, so I'm thinking I'll opt for the Skype interview unfortunately.

did you guys find out about interviews via email? my application wasn't "submitted" for review until this past monday :/

Does anybody know if the February 19th interview day was the first round for MOT fall 2016 cohort ?

Does anybody know if the February 19th interview day was the first round for MOT fall 2016 cohort ?
most likely. I was offered a spot to interview on 2/19 but I pushed it back to the march date. The admissions officer said they only have two interview days :)

Oh okay! Good to know good luck at your interview in March. Hoping to hear something back from my interview soon. It's been two, very long, weeks waiting lol.

I was invited to the first round interview and just received a rejection. Not even wait listed. It seems strange....-I could just be in the denial phase of getting denied lol.

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone would care to share info they have on USA's program? I'm interested in thoughts on the blended learning... Are all entry-level MOT programs offered in the blended learning format?

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone would care to share info they have on USA's program? I'm interested in thoughts on the blended learning... Are all entry-level MOT programs offered in the blended learning format?
Hi! I just started here in May. As far as blended learning goes, it's just a term that faculty is required to use because there's a decent portion of class material online. For example, Skills Practice is blended because the course notes, quizzes, and 1-point practice assignments are online, and we meet in the lab to actually practice & review everything, and our practicals & exams. Anatomy is very intense, there's no denying that, and I'm sure it's the case everywhere else as where. The first Tri it can be a little frustrating when everyone refers to this as PT school (because all but Foundations are with the PTs) but some upper tri's have said that it becomes divided more during 2nd Tri. If you meant blended learning as in classes with the PTs, I personally don't mind it because a lot of the friends I've made are PT, but there seems to be a focus on PT mindset rather than OT when it comes to most professors (that I've encountered so far).