motivation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElusiveVet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I have two days left of school, with 3 more finals. Physics and Ochem II (both classes with high A's) on Wednesday the 21st, and an Asian American exam today. I've been super motivated since September, and for the past two weeks, I've just been slacking off like crazy.

Naps that I would usually take for 15 minutes to refresh my brain, last 2-3 hours, and even when I get up, I'm too distracted to study for long periods of time. Am I burning out? I'm not exactly worried for my finals, but I definitely don't want to screw myself over this year by doing poorly. (Potentially my first 4.0 semester).

I'm just looking for some inspiring motivating words from you guys, because listening to Eric Thomas and Sylvester Stallone on YouTube is not doing the trick.

Thanks SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Calculate the grade you need to keep the A's. Make sure you have enough knowledge to get at least 5% higher than that score.

Give yourself a break and have a drink ;) The good thing about working your butt off during the semester is that finals can be a breeze.

Reactions: 1 users
Calculate the grade you need to keep the A's. Make sure you have enough knowledge to get at least 5% higher than that score.

Give yourself a break and have a drink ;) The good thing about working your butt off during the semester is that finals can be a breeze.
Hm. Never heard of that one. thanks! :]

Externalize your motivation. Figure out what you still need to review for both exams, divide it up among the days remaining, and make a schedule. Now write it down somewhere you can't avoid it. Put it on your phone. If that's not enough, give it to a friend and have them bother you until you start getting things done.

It seems like it shouldn't be true, but I've always found it to be so much easier to complete a task when the motivation comes from crossing an item off a list or following a written schedule.

And definitely do this:

:thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user