Mount Sinai at Miami Beach?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emo

Number Juan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the EM program is like at Mount Sinai? I'm interested in doing an elective month there and just wanted to see if anyone had any experience or heard anything e.g. typical day, attendings, atmosphere, etc. Any input appreciated.:)

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've heard...

The Mt. Sinai program definately uses their residents to their advantage... i.e. lots of work. One intern who applied there and interviewed there (also did a month elective there) wasn't too pleased with it. She said the students who rotate there only shadow a resident. How crappy is that. The residents were good but definately seemed overworked. The only reason I would go there is if I had personal reasons to stay in the S. FL area (since its the only residency down there).

I am interviewing there, and am also interested in finding out more. EMO, have you heard anything?

All I can say is that the program director has been very friendly and responsive to my communications over the course of a year. That and the hospital is on the water!

Chris_topher,
No, I haven't heard much about the program. I'm just trying to see what the "word" on the street is. Good luck with the interview.-Emo