Movement Disorders Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deathmerchant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ! Anyone have an idea about different movement disorders fellowship programs? Like which ones are the best academically/clinically/research wise etc. And is there an unofficial ranking of sorts.
Clearly, the quality of training/reputation/ranking is different for medical schools, neurology residencies and various fellowships and one can't rely on that ! Would really appreciate any inputs. Thanks.
Disclosure: Current PG3 applying for MD fellowship beginning 2017.

Members don't see this ad.

And any interview impressions(from current or past seasons) are welcome too!

Hey guys ! Anyone have an idea about different movement disorders fellowship programs? Like which ones are the best academically/clinically/research wise etc. And is there an unofficial ranking of sorts.
Clearly, the quality of training/reputation/ranking is different for medical schools, neurology residencies and various fellowships and one can't rely on that ! Would really appreciate any inputs. Thanks.
Disclosure: Current PG3 applying for MD fellowship beginning 2017.

There are programs with reputations for certain aspects of movement disorders. What is your particular interest within movement disorders?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interested primarily in clinical aspects and clinical research(70-30). I am also interested in neuromodulation/dbs and may be even look into the hardware/engineering part of the neuro-modulation devices. North east is my geographical preference. Thanks

Columbia
If you don't mind going to Canada, then Toronto.

Hi all, Does it matter when a fellowship PD emails you prior to the rank deadline and says you are among the top candidates they interviewed this year? If they have 2 spots, to how many applicants do they usually send such emails? Thank you.