Moving to Texas to Apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, my situation is different (I'm not the OP lol). I recently graduated and my parents live on the East coast but are moving to TX for my sister's college (in another year). My entire extended family has been living there for awhile now. Basically, my parents are shifting base, and I'd like to be closer to family for med school and residency. I've visited TX a lot and want to practice there. I didn't have time before to become IS since I was attending college, but now I have two years to establish residency. By the rules, I'll become a TX resident but now I'm worried it wouldn't make a difference to adcoms. I don't want to lose my East Coast residency too if there's no advantage in me moving to TX.

I mean......someone posted above that the acceptance rate for TX residents is LOWER than the average nationally. Basically your family will have only lived there for 1 year when you apply. Personally from what I've heard from TX applicants, living in TX doesn't equal dedication and service to the state. Obviously you can become a resident on paper, but the adcoms have their own way of seeing things. It's up to you, but I would stick with my East Coast residency and apply, since you technically have a higher acceptance rate. What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

U NM matriculated 5 OOsers, and interviewed 29 (out of 1100 app), so it might be doable.

Quick question: I grew up in NM. Late elementary to a bit after HS. Then moved away due to my husband's military orders. Will they still consider me? I mean, will I now be viewed as a regular OOS applicant and should not really evem try to apply?