MPA/MPH programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikoe12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just joined this forum because I'm interested in Public Health. I recently graduated from ASU with a Bachelor's in Urban Planning with a 2.8 cumulative GPA. The low GPA is due to spending the first two years finding my way (tried engineering and biochem), before eventually choosing a planning major. I was able to earn over a 3.0 during my final two years; while making the Dean's list the final year.

I've recently enlisted in the United States Navy as a Yeoman (administrative work), and I plan on working towards an MPA/MPH dual degree. I want to pursue a dual degree because I want the general government management side of the MPA and the health admin side from the MPH. I eventually plan to apply to the Navy Medical Officer program and continue my military career as a commissioned health officer.

The programs that I'm thinking about are:
University of Colorado- Denver
West Virginia University
University of Utah
University of Alabama- Birmingham

Are there any other MPA/MPH dual degree programs that I should be looking at? I will have Tuition assistance available while on active duty (after 1 year at my 1st perm duty station) and the GI Bill when I get out.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: