MPH aspirants ( international) fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mumbaimedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm an MBBS doctor graduated from India applying to MPH in the fall of 2016

my stats are

GPA - under evaluation ( presumably between 3.6 and 3.7)

GRE : 156 verbal 154 quant 3 AWA( miserable but can't get myself to take it again )

3 months internship UK - clinical medicine

2 months internship USA - clinical medicine

Volunteer - MCH local organization - 8 months

Work ex - 8 months RMO at local hospital

TOEFL : 109

What are my chances like for Maternal and Child health MPH programs ( among the top 10) and all other advice !! Thanks and all the best

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have read your post..... u actually have good stats ... pls give information if u get to know anything .... my question is

Can u please tell me which would be the better concentration to get into mph degree whether it is a biostatistics or health policy or there are other 3 concentration in mph degree .. I'm pursuing admission into mph program I'm done with degree of Bachelor of a dental sciences (Dentist) actually I would like to go for further study abroad i.e DDS to pursue this degree I need to give exam in USA as I'm from India I need to go there mad give the exam for DDS...So I just thought instead going on visiting visa and giving the exam why not take a short term degree program (Mph) and go there and give exam.. actually I don't have much information regarding MPH... can anyone pls suggest me wch one would be the better concentration among Mph... pls help me !!!

Hello,

I'm an MBBS doctor graduated from India applying to MPH in the fall of 2016

my stats are

GPA - under evaluation ( presumably between 3.6 and 3.7)

GRE : 156 verbal 154 quant 3 AWA( miserable but can't get myself to take it again )

3 months internship UK - clinical medicine

2 months internship USA - clinical medicine

Volunteer - MCH local organization - 8 months

Work ex - 8 months RMO at local hospital

TOEFL : 109

What are my chances like for Maternal and Child health MPH programs ( among the top 10) and all other advice !! Thanks and all the best
And I'm giving toefl Exam on Sept 5th 2015... can u pls tell me is it tough to get 100+ ?? Any tips and cautions! ??

Members don't see this ad :)
And I'm giving toefl Exam on Sept 5th 2015... can u pls tell me is it tough to get 100+ ?? Any tips and cautions! ??
I think if you invest some time to prepare for GRE that's more than adequate to comfortably get you through the 100 point mark on the TOEFL but each applicant is different !!it really just tests your basic English - nothing close to how convoluted the GRE ( reading passage meltdown) is !!

I recently started working on my SOPHAS application and was wondering if in the "add experiences " section is it worthwhile to add one month interships abroad?

I did them towards the end of 2013 and each were of one month duration. Since they were so short and so long ago - is it much better to save myself the hassle of adding -supervisor details - contact them and refresh their memory and just add those internships in brief to my CV instead or does addition every tiny bit of what I've done in that section add weight to my application. Really baffled - any help is much appreciated

I recently started working on my SOPHAS application and was wondering if in the "add experiences " section is it worthwhile to add one month interships abroad?

I did them towards the end of 2013 and each were of one month duration. Since they were so short and so long ago - is it much better to save myself the hassle of adding -supervisor details - contact them and refresh their memory and just add those internships in brief to my CV instead or does addition every tiny bit of what I've done in that section add weight to my application. Really baffled - any help is much appreciated
I didn't get you actually wat are you taking about. .. can you pls be specific. .... !!??

I think you should include your internships in your application. Even if they were only one month in duration, they were still a significant enough experience that they should help your application stand out. Do not discount when you did them; it hasn't even been two years yet. My SOPHAS from last year had volunteer experiences from five years ago. Depending on whether the internships were paid or not, you can put them under work experience, volunteer experience, or additional experience sections. And don't worry about contacting your supervisors; all I had to do was give their name and my title. You only need to contact them if you are asking for a letter of recommendation. When listing it in SOPHAS, put in the title section "intern."

I think you should include your internships in your application. Even if they were only one month in duration, they were still a significant enough experience that they should help your application stand out. Do not discount when you did them; it hasn't even been two years yet. My SOPHAS from last year had volunteer experiences from five years ago. Depending on whether the internships were paid or not, you can put them under work experience, volunteer experience, or additional experience sections. And don't worry about contacting your supervisors; all I had to do was give their name and my title. You only need to contact them if you are asking for a letter of recommendation. When listing it in SOPHAS, put in the title section "intern."
Thank you - however this year the SOPHAS asks for contact details of your supervisor - email and phone number and whether it is alright to contact them - with those details on the application is it a good idea to atleast intimate my supervisors to expect a verification from SOPHAS ?

Thank you - however this year the SOPHAS asks for contact details of your supervisor - email and phone number and whether it is alright to contact them - with those details on the application is it a good idea to atleast intimate my supervisors to expect a verification from SOPHAS ?

I think I had to do that too. I did not contact any of my supervisors beforehand (except for the ones who wrote me letters) and it worked out fine for me. I don't even know if they actually contact people. Your letters of recommendation should be enough for schools to know that you're a strong applicant. Even if schools do contact your previous supervisors, there must be some record that you interned there, so you should be fine. Definitely include those internships in your app; just include their contact info and that should be enough.

I think I had to do that too. I did not contact any of my supervisors beforehand (except for the ones who wrote me letters) and it worked out fine for me. I don't even know if they actually contact people. Your letters of recommendation should be enough for schools to know that you're a strong applicant. Even if schools do contact your previous supervisors, there must be some record that you interned there, so you should be fine. Definitely include those internships in your app; just include their contact info and that should be enough.
Thank you. Will do. Also could you kindly let me know from my stats if I've picked the programs I want to apply to ( choices stated in a list a couple of posts earlier) where I do have a good chance of being accepted ?? I want to apply realistically rather than over enthusiastically. Thanks a ton

Thank you. Will do. Also could you kindly let me know from my stats if I've picked the programs I want to apply to ( choices stated in a list a couple of posts earlier) where I do have a good chance of being accepted ?? I want to apply realistically rather than over enthusiastically. Thanks a ton

Your GPA is excellent, your GRE math and verbal scores are on the higher side of average, and your GRE writing score is slightly below average. I had the exact opposite problem: Slightly below average GPA (3.0), excellent GRE verbal and math scores (>160) and higher side of average GRE writing score (4.5). You also have far more relevant experience than I do, plus a leg-up for being a medical doctor.

I applied to two top 20 programs and three lower ranked programs. Despite my low GPA, I was accepted into four out of five. My suggestion would be to apply to 1-2 top 10 programs, 2-3 top 20 programs, and 2-5 lower ranked programs. Since you are a doctor, you may be eligible for one year programs like Harvard and Hopkins, although I'm not sure how it works for IMGs. I would suggest making a list of programs that offer one-year accelerated programs as well as regular two-year programs (some schools offer both). I used US News & World report to determine rankings, although rankings may differ among concentrations.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about maternal & child health, so I can't give you a list of schools that are strong in that. Your best bet would be to do a search on this forum and see if any good programs are mentioned. If not, maybe a current or previous MCHer will read this thread and give some advice.

Good luck :luck:

Your GPA is excellent, your GRE math and verbal scores are on the higher side of average, and your GRE writing score is slightly below average. I had the exact opposite problem: Slightly below average GPA (3.0), excellent GRE verbal and math scores (>160) and higher side of average GRE writing score (4.5). You also have far more relevant experience than I do, plus a leg-up for being a medical doctor.

I applied to two top 20 programs and three lower ranked programs. Despite my low GPA, I was accepted into four out of five. My suggestion would be to apply to 1-2 top 10 programs, 2-3 top 20 programs, and 2-5 lower ranked programs. Since you are a doctor, you may be eligible for one year programs like Harvard and Hopkins, although I'm not sure how it works for IMGs. I would suggest making a list of programs that offer one-year accelerated programs as well as regular two-year programs (some schools offer both). I used US News & World report to determine rankings, although rankings may differ among concentrations.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about maternal & child health, so I can't give you a list of schools that are strong in that. Your best bet would be to do a search on this forum and see if any good programs are mentioned. If not, maybe a current or previous MCHer will read this thread and give some advice.

Good luck :luck:
Thank you so much. If you don't mind sharing could you kindly let me know what university and concentration are you in - only if it's alright with you. I've shortlisted some MCH and MCH + Epi programs and when I see their requirements most don't even have a min GRE score to begin with. That's some reassuring news. But Honestly my GRE AWA and Quant score is really bothering me and I hope it isn't a huge red flag to significantly weaken my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much. If you don't mind sharing could you kindly let me know what university and concentration are you in - only if it's alright with you. I've shortlisted some MCH and MCH + Epi programs and when I see their requirements most don't even have a min GRE score to begin with. That's some reassuring news. But Honestly my GRE AWA and Quant score is really bothering me and I hope it isn't a huge red flag to significantly weaken my application.

I'm at GW for epidemiology. Most programs don't have a minimum GRE score, but many will post the average scores of last year's admitted students. Many will say that they want a combined score of 300, which you exceed by ten points. You can also call the admissions offices of the programs you're interested in and tell them your stats and experience. This can give you an idea of where you stand GRE-wise, and whether or not you should retake it. If you do need to retake it, check out the "GRE advice" thread for study tips. If you take it in November or early December you should be fine.

Also, see if you can make an Excel file of schools you are considering. Take note of minimum stats required, average stats of admitted students, cost of attendance, length of program, concentrations offered, and any other criteria important to you. I did this and it helped me narrow down which schools I should apply to.

Good information in this thread.

I'm a dentist from India looking to apply for the Fall 2016 MPH programs. My GRE score is 154 Verbal, 158 Quantit. Haven't received my Analytical writing score yet.
I want to apply for scholarships, but clearly, this score won't be sufficient. So i'm thinking of writing the GRE a second time. Any suggestions on how to improve my score? Time shortage really messed up my exam, and i ended up not even marking a couple of questions.

Does anyone happen to know which schools grant scholarships? Do private schools like Hopkins, Harvard etc. give scholarships to International students?

Also, i've heard that some schools allow you to do an accelerated MPH and you can finish up the degree in around a year or year and a half. Does anyone know which schools allow this? Any info and help would be highly appreciated.

I'm a dentist from India looking to apply for the Fall 2016 MPH programs. My GRE score is 154 Verbal, 158 Quantit. Haven't received my Analytical writing score yet.
I want to apply for scholarships, but clearly, this score won't be sufficient. So i'm thinking of writing the GRE a second time. Any suggestions on how to improve my score? Time shortage really messed up my exam, and i ended up not even marking a couple of questions.

Does anyone happen to know which schools grant scholarships? Do private schools like Hopkins, Harvard etc. give scholarships to International students?

Also, i've heard that some schools allow you to do an accelerated MPH and you can finish up the degree in around a year or year and a half. Does anyone know which schools allow this? Any info and help would be highly appreciated.

If time management is an issue for you (as it is for me), then the only thing that will help is practice, practice, practice. I took the GRE for the first time in August 2012 after taking a six week Kaplan course and got VR: 157, QR: 159 and AW: 5.0. I took it again in December 2014 without a class and got VR: 161, QR: 165, and AW: 4.5. My secret; I bought three books: ETS guide to the GRE, Barron's guide to the GRE, and Barron's Essential Words for the GRE. The latter book I bought just because my vocabulary is weak. I read every page in each of those books and did every practice problem and practice exam. I also had online practice exams that I could take. In the end, the class really did not help me; all I needed was practice, practice, practice.

As for your other questions, I unfortunately do not have an answer for you. This is where you will have to do some research of your own. Go on to the CEPH website and look up some of the accredited programs you are interested in. Go to the program's website and see if they offer accelerated programs, scholarships, etc. Then make an Excel spreadsheet of name, location, cost of attendance, minimum and/or average stats (GPA, GRE, work experience), concentrations, length of program, and any other criteria that are important to you. I know that it is a lot of work, but it should be worth it if you are really interested in pursuing your degree. This is how I figured out which schools to apply to.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your GRE retake.

Reactions: 1 user

UNC-Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health (#2 ranked SPH by US News) has a new global health MPH- the GO MPH- that is delivered completely online. CEPH accredited. http://sph.unc.edu/phlp/unc-gillings-global-online-masters-in-public-health/ They do have some funding opportunities available. The program can be completed in seven consecutive semesters including summers.

They've got online webinars coming up this fall if you're interested in learning more. bit.ly/register_phlp

If time management is an issue for you (as it is for me), then the only thing that will help is practice, practice, practice. I took the GRE for the first time in August 2012 after taking a six week Kaplan course and got VR: 157, QR: 159 and AW: 5.0. I took it again in December 2014 without a class and got VR: 161, QR: 165, and AW: 4.5. My secret; I bought three books: ETS guide to the GRE, Barron's guide to the GRE, and Barron's Essential Words for the GRE. The latter book I bought just because my vocabulary is weak. I read every page in each of those books and did every practice problem and practice exam. I also had online practice exams that I could take. In the end, the class really did not help me; all I needed was practice, practice, practice.

As for your other questions, I unfortunately do not have an answer for you. This is where you will have to do some research of your own. Go on to the CEPH website and look up some of the accredited programs you are interested in. Go to the program's website and see if they offer accelerated programs, scholarships, etc. Then make an Excel spreadsheet of name, location, cost of attendance, minimum and/or average stats (GPA, GRE, work experience), concentrations, length of program, and any other criteria that are important to you. I know that it is a lot of work, but it should be worth it if you are really interested in pursuing your degree. This is how I figured out which schools to apply to.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your GRE retake.

Thank you so much for your advice and suggestions. Much appreciated.
Best wishes to you, kind sir.

Hello Guys,
I have a GPA 3.1 (MD IMG), I have passed step 2 ck (I don't know if this helps?)
GRE V157 Q162 AWA awaiting.
One year undergraduate research
One year medical internship
Some extra-curricular experience.
One strong recommendation from a faculty, the other two I'm not sure.
I don't know if my application will be a good one, and I really need to get an RA or scholarship.

I'm Applying to BU, UMN, Georgia Suthern, UNT, UWSTL, UIC (any suggestions?)

I have a great difficulty in making a good personal statement, can anyone help me editing the personal statement? I'll be more than thankful :)
And in general what do you think about my application? any adviced will be much appreciated.

I'm a dentist from India. Applying for spring 2016. Already submitted my SOPHAS applications waiting for them to be verified !

GPA-3.56
GRE- Q-155 V-156 AWA-4.5
IELTS-8
Work experience - volunteered at a dental clinic for 8 months. Had done an ICMR project

Applied to
IUPUI- Indianapolis
RUTGERS school of public health - New jersey
LOMA LINDA school of public health - Lomalinda california
Georgia State University-Atlanta
University of North Texas- Fortworth

Major- Epidemiology

What are my chances ?

I'm a dentist from India. Applying for spring 2016. Already submitted my SOPHAS applications waiting for them to be verified !

GPA-3.56
GRE- Q-155 V-156 AWA-4.5
IELTS-8
Work experience - volunteered at a dental clinic for 8 months. Had done an ICMR project

Applied to
IUPUI- Indianapolis

Major- Epidemiology

What are my chances ?
Those are some wonderful stats. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much. Your research project with ICMR would be a significant highlight of your application too. Hope it helps

I'm super worried as sophas still didnt verify my application ! which colleges are you applying to ?

I'm super worried as sophas still didnt verify my application ! which colleges are you applying to ?

Relax! The applications portal opened only in mid August. There's still a couple of months left for the deadlines.
Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

When did you submit your application? It can take a maximum of five weeks for SOPHAS verification. Many programs will not view your app until it is verified, so it is generally advisable to submit a few weeks before the deadline. Fall start programs generally have deadlines around December through May. Since you are applying for Spring, deadlines will most likely be June through November. They are often even sooner for international applicants. Check out the deadlines for your schools, and consider adding more designations once it is verified, in case some of the deadlines have passed.

Some things that could be holding up the verification process:
  • Transcripts not received yet. Make sure that you sent them to the SOPHAS mailing address, not to each of the schools.
  • GRE scores for your individual programs have not arrived yet.
  • Two of your references have not filled out LoR form yet.
  • Payments for all schools have not been received yet.
All of these steps need to have been taken in order for your app to be complete. Once it is complete, SOPHAS will start the verification process. While your application becomes available to your programs as soon as it is complete, some schools will not view it until it is verified. If you have done all these things and your application is complete, then all you have to do is cross your fingers and wait.

Good luck

GPA-3.56
GRE- Q-155 V-156 AWA-4.5
IELTS-8

Applied to
IUPUI- Indianapolis

Major- Epidemiology

What are my chances ?

GPA-3.56
GRE- Q-155 V-156 AWA-4.5
IELTS-8

Applied to
IUPUI- Indianapolis

Major- Epidemiology

What are my chances ?
Which among majors would be the better choice to choose ... I'm asking this because I don't have any idea reg majors category and it was said that u r dentist too ...I'm asking especially you because even I'm applying for spring 2016. ..imve given my toefl 84..... gre yet to give i.e on Oct 1st... actually I'm pursuing this MPH degree to grant F1 visa status so that I can go and give NBDE EXAM there in 1st six months my ultimatum is DDS ...So no focus over Mph I knew that this degree wouldn't be a waste of time, this will add up to our CV when we take up the interview for dds... so pls help and I wonder how did you reach a GRE score of 300+ ... Math for me is really baffling .... I feel 285 + is enough .... pls do respond ... thanks in advance :) good luck

C

Can you please share LOR samples for me pls... because even I'm a dentist too ... I've done my bachelor's under RGUHS Banglore ... and I'm applying for MPH program though not in such prestigious institutions likeu did... I'm applying for MPH jus for the student Visa status so that I can go there and give NBDE Exam which is my futuristic and ultimate goal .... so I don't want any reputed colleges like Hopkins, LOMA LINDA as such... I actually applied for California Baptist university with the expected gre score and my toefl score is just 84.... I seriously wonder how did u managed to ace 310+ in GRE.... Where I'm quite unsure of getting 300 atleast... but please I actually don't know how the LOR has to be so please as a native friend I req u to send me LOR Samples....to my mail ([email protected])....
Thanks in advance

C

Can you please share LOR samples for me pls... because even I'm a dentist too ... I've done my bachelor's under RGUHS Banglore ... and I'm applying for MPH program though not in such prestigious institutions likeu did... I'm applying for MPH jus for the student Visa status so that I can go there and give NBDE Exam which is my futuristic and ultimate goal .... so I don't want any reputed colleges like Hopkins, LOMA LINDA as such... I actually applied for California Baptist university with the expected gre score and my toefl score is just 84.... I seriously wonder how did u managed to ace 310+ in GRE.... Where I'm quite unsure of getting 300 atleast... but please I actually don't know how the LOR has to be so please as a native friend I req u to send me LOR Samples....to my mail ([email protected])....
Thanks in advance

Hey!

Regarding GRE, I'm not sure if i am the right person to answer your query. My score is not up to the mark too. I was expecting at least 320+ based on my preparation.
What i would suggest you, is to practice mock tests under time restrictions. Time is the biggest factor during the actual test.
If Math is what you're worried about, practice more and more questions, and work on specific topics you feel you're weak at. Check out a book called Nova's mathematics. It is really good for GRE level maths.

Regarding LOR, you don't have to worry about the format. You just have to fill the email address of the particular professor you want an LOR from, on your SOPHAS account. Then SOPHAS will send them a request on your behalf. You can Google it, to get a sense of how an LOR looks like.

I don't know if your TOEFL score will be good enough. Many schools i checked, have a minimum requirement of 100, while some have 90. I would suggest you to look specifically at the requirements for the schools you're interested in.

Also, i read that you're applying for Spring 2016 sessions. I would recommend you to fasten up your application process, as you do not have much time left. You also need to leave sufficient time for SOPHAS to verify your application. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Can u
Hey!

Regarding GRE, I'm not sure if i am the right person to answer your query. My score is not up to the mark too. I was expecting at least 320+ based on my preparation.
What i would suggest you, is to practice mock tests under time restrictions. Time is the biggest factor during the actual test.
If Math is what you're worried about, practice more and more questions, and work on specific topics you feel you're weak at. Check out a book called Nova's mathematics. It is really good for GRE level maths.

Regarding LOR, you don't have to worry about the format. You just have to fill the email address of the particular professor you want an LOR from, on your SOPHAS account. Then SOPHAS will send them a request on your behalf. You can Google it, to get a sense of how an LOR looks like.

I don't know if your TOEFL score will be good enough. Many schools i checked, have a minimum requirement of 100, while some have 90. I would suggest you to look specifically at the requirements for the schools you're interested in.

Also, i read that you're applying for Spring 2016 sessions. I would recommend you to fasten up your application process, as you do not have much time left. You also need to leave sufficient time for SOPHAS to verify your application. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info can u pls tell me which one would be the best among majors to choose ?? I'm not sure about the majors which to choose...any suggestion is appreciated ...ty

Regarding GRE scores, the verbal and math sections are graded on a scale of 130 - 170 in 1 increment, and the writing section is graded on a scale of 0-6 in .5 increments. Therefore, the highest combined score you can get is 340, the lowest is 260, and 300 is smack dab in the middle. So definitely aim for 300 or higher. I got over 320 combined just by giving myself plenty of time to study before my test date and taking multiple timed practice tests. I also had to brush up on my vocabulary, which is my weak point.

I cannot speak to which concentration is best as they are all equally good, different schools have different strengths, and different people have different interests. A quick google search will help give a background on the different concentrations and the types of careers available after graduation. If you are unsure which concentration to choose, consider taking a year or so off and getting some work/volunteer experience in some of the fields to find out which ones interest you. Do not do an MPH just to buff up your CV; the degree can be very expensive depending on where you go and if you are not actually interested in the material, that kind of debt can be especially painful.

Also, if you have not taken the GRE yet, then you are probably too late to apply to Spring 2016 as many of the deadlines have passed already. Not to mention it takes a few weeks for SOPHAS to be verified. Consider applying for the Fall; you would be expanding your options as many programs only have a Fall or Summer II start date.

Can u

Thanks for the info can u pls tell me which one would be the best among majors to choose ?? I'm not sure about the majors which to choose...any suggestion is appreciated ...ty

For us dentists, I would recommend you to look into Epidemiology or Biostatistics. You can do Dental health related work in those majors, and it'll also look good on your DDS application.

Hey, I've done MBBS from India.
Applying for Spring 2016, already submitted my SOPHAS application.
My WES evaluation GPA is 3.81.
Gre Quant - 157, verbal - 147, AWA - 4.0, was having a bad day with English.
TOEFL - 112
I have 4 publications and 1 poster presentation , 1.5 years of work experience and 10 months of experience in Public Health by working with a family in a village.
All my LOR's are good I guess.
Have applied to:-
BOSTON
TUFTS
THOMAS JEFFERSON
RUTGERS
MINNESOTA
MASSACHUSETTS
Maryland...
Any chances of getting in? And any scholarship opportunities??

Which among majors would be the better choice to choose ... I'm asking this because I don't have any idea reg majors category and it was said that u r dentist too ...I'm asking especially you because even I'm applying for spring 2016. ..imve given my toefl 84..... gre yet to give i.e on Oct 1st... actually I'm pursuing this MPH degree to grant F1 visa status so that I can go and give NBDE EXAM there in 1st six months my ultimatum is DDS ...So no focus over Mph I knew that this degree wouldn't be a waste of time, this will add up to our CV when we take up the interview for dds... so pls help and I wonder how did you reach a GRE score of 300+ ... Math for me is really baffling .... I feel 285 + is enough .... pls do respond ... thanks in advance :) good luck

isnt october 1st too late ? which universities are you applying to ? I'm mailing you lor and sop samples . good luck

It's definitely too late for Spring, but not too late for Fall. LoRs are written by your recommenders, so having LoR samples won't help. And be careful about using SoP samples as it can be tempting to use the exact format, which may be flagged as plagiarism by the software most schools use. I know I had to stop looking at samples for this very reason. Just write the way you would normally write; make your writing style you, not someone else.

I also want to re-emphasize that if you are not looking to use your MPH and are only getting it to buff up your CV to get into professional school/residency, then you should not apply. It is an expensive one to two year degree that can really eat you alive and put you in unnecessary debt if you are not interested in the material. It would actually look better on you CV if you took a research year or two instead; you get paid instead of paying through the nose and your work will be directly related to medicine/dentistry, and therefore more enjoyable. And please do not apply to MPH programs unless you know what concentration you want and what the programs entail. Having done research on this before applying, I was able to determine that this is exactly what I want to do, and it made me feel better about taking on massive debt.

Good luck to all of you.

No one replied to me :(
I'll post it again :D:D

Hello Guys,
I have a GPA 3.1 (MD IMG), I have passed step 2 CK (242) (I don't know if this helps?)
Taking Data Science Specialization Course at coursera.org. Have introductory level knowledge of R programming.

I'm Applying to BU, UMN, Georgia Southern, UNT, UWSTL, UIC Management and Policy concentration (any suggestions?)

I don't know if my application will be a good one, and I really need to get an RA or scholarship.

No one replied to me :(
I'll post it again :D:D

Hello Guys,
I have a GPA 3.1 (MD IMG), I have passed step 2 CK (242) (I don't know if this helps?)
Taking Data Science Specialization Course at coursera.org. Have introductory level knowledge of R programming.

I'm Applying to BU, UMN, Georgia Southern, UNT, UWSTL, UIC Management and Policy concentration (any suggestions?)

I recommend looking at the WAMC tread stickied at the top of the subforum, as well as last year's AAWR tread to get an idea of where you stand admissions-wise. There is also some information in this very thread that may help you. I unfortunately can't name any good health policy and management programs, but a search might get you some results. If you want to know about scholarships, go to the programs' websites and see if they offer any and what you need to do to get them.

Good luck in your search.

I've taken IELTS instead of TOEFL . How to report IELTS scores to SOPHAS ? I requested the centre to post a paper copy of the TRF to SOPHAS as the test centre told me that SOPHAS doesnt accept electronic transfers anymore.

I'm afraid the test center is incorrect as IELTS scores have to be uploaded electronically to SOPHAS. You will also want to check the admissions pages of the specific programs to which you are applying to see if they even accept IELTS in lieu of TOEFL.