MPH degree at SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viper11452

viper11452
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently applied to SGU in pursuit of the dual MD/MPH degree program. It wasn't until today that I found out that the MPH degree at SGU is NOT accredited in the US! So now i'm thinking what's the point of even going for this degree?! However, I was reading other threads that commented that it is easier to get accepted to SGU if I apply for the dual degree program. Can I have the option of turning the MPH program down if I get accepted, or should I do that now before they go through the admission process? If so, would it look bad on my part?
Sorry for all the questions! This new piece of info just threw all my plans out the window!!!! thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently applied to SGU in pursuit of the dual MD/MPH degree program. It wasn't until today that I found out that the MPH degree at SGU is NOT accredited in the US! So now i'm thinking what's the point of even going for this degree?! However, I was reading other threads that commented that it is easier to get accepted to SGU if I apply for the dual degree program. Can I have the option of turning the MPH program down if I get accepted, or should I do that now before they go through the admission process? If so, would it look bad on my part?
Sorry for all the questions! This new piece of info just threw all my plans out the window!!!! thanks for the input.
Ummm its a money maker plain and simple. They offered that MPH to me then I could go on to the MD. I told them to stick their MPH up their butt.

Hi, Actually the SGU MPH was recently accredited. Please read the following Article:

http://chicagopressrelease.com/pres...ersity-earns-us-accreditation-for-mph-program

Reactions: 1 user