MHA MPH/MHA Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healthadmin17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get a feel for the caliber of MHA/MPH Health Policy+Management programs I can apply to. So far I am considering UMich, UIC, Pitt, and Emory, but need to find 1-2 more schools that could be considered solid "safety" schools.

UMich undergrad
Kinesiology major, Business minor through Ross
3.9 GPA
Intern at healthcare consulting company
Leadership position at job during school year
TA experience
Significant community volunteer experience
A couple clubs/organizations that I am moderately involved in
Should have pretty solid letters of rec, but nothing over the top great
Haven't taken GRE yet but can't imagine it will be any cause for concern

Should I be concerned about the schools I am applying to? What may be some other good choices?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also looking into schools right now, I've got a similar background (Ex Phys Major, similar extracurriculars/work experience, 3.7 GPA)
I'm looking at University of Maryland as a backup, and also Penn State and Tulane. UMD is relatively new so there's not much info about it but I've heard it's still a solid program
Also I'd recommend looking at Hopkins, Cornell, Minnesota, and St. Louis, they're all supposed to have top tier programs

Reactions: 1 user
Do you feel as if the kinseiology/ex phys major is limiting in any way?

Maybe depending on the school your applying to. From what I've read and heard it seems like having some familiarity with how healthcare works is pretty important though, they don't seem to be looking for like business professionals or anything

Reactions: 1 user