MPH Programs in Chicago?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sthenige

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is living in Chicago an absolute must? Ann Arbor (University of Michigan) is a few hours away from Chicago by car/bus/train and has a pretty decent Epidemiology program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would certainly prefer to live there, I was considering UMichigan as it is a few hours away, but I would be much happier in Chicago.

Is UIC really that looked down upon or something? Not that I really worry about rankings, but it is ranked similarly to George Washington.

I have to admit, I am a bit surprised that no one seems to know anything about Northwestern's MPH program. I would think that a well-respected school such as that would have a good program.

In general, universities which have MPH programs (but not full fledged schools of public health) are much smaller than the larger schools of public health, hence why these smaller programs aren't talked about as much.

Hi there, just wondering if you've made any progress in this decision? I too am currently researching MPH programs and want some Chicago options because my husband is applying to MBA programs there. Very coincidentally, I also graduated from Tufts (clinical psych and child development) and grew up in Boston! Please let me know if you've moved forward in this process and found any valuable information. Thanks a bunch.

There is Rush University, they have a medical center, but I do not know of the programs they offer. Might want to look into that?

Northwestern's program is a part time evening program. They specifically state it is aimed toward current healthcare professionals. The degree requirements are a current BS or professional degreen in a health care discipline. Plus, they also specifically mention they require professional experience in healthcare.